Can We Request The In-Room Mini Bar Get Emptied ?

Colorado Buffalo

For those who might have children, teenagers or others who shouldn't be getting into the alcohol, you should know that most often when the mini-bar is emptied the contents stay in the stateroom -- stashed under the bed, in the top of a closet, or in the over-bed storage area most commonly.

Last year on the eclipse it was no problem the steward emptied them into a holdall and put them under the bed :)

We had the same experience aboard Eclipse during our Dec cruise. Our cabin steward quickly emptied out the refrigerator on the 1st night and stored them in a bag under the bed.

If you have your steward empty out the mini-bar, have him confirm that all the items are there, first. Also, have him count everything for you on the last night, when they restock the mini-bar. We had our mini-bar emptied out on the first day of our b2b, and STILL got a late (after we disembarked) charge for a missing mini-bar item on our credit card statement. We called and got the charge removed, but it was a pain in the you-know-what! :mad:

Edited by wwcruisers

For those who might have children, teenagers or others who shouldn't be getting into the alcohol, you should know that most often when the mini-bar is emptied the contents stay in the stateroom -- stashed under the bed, in the top of a closet, or in the over-bed storage area most commonly.

Is there a way to get it removed from the cabin? My wife is in recovery and could do without the temptation or opportunity.

Is there a way to get it removed from the cabin? My wife is in recovery and could do without the temptation or opportunity.

Another option would be to just have the cabinet locked. Obviously can't use for other items if u do that, but items would be out of reach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just off the Silhouette and when we first went to our cabin, the refrigerator was locked. If it's not locked, definitely ask steward to do it.

On our last cruise, we asked the steward to clear out the mini-fridge so we could use it for our sodas and water, but it took him until the next day. Never saw where he put it. DW in the cabin across the hall had a different steward, who refused to do it. Concierge class versus inside cabin, maybe?

The mini-fridge only keeps them cool, not cold. I'm thinking of bringing on a portable cooler and just having the steward replenish the ice. He can then lock the fridge.