We need a really good lie!!

LCTXcruiser

I've already talked to all of our kid's teachers so they know we're leaving in two days on our cruise, but.... our kid doesn't know. We figured we'd make it a surprise. I'm AMAZED we've been able to keep our mouths shut for as long as we have:)!

Anyway, we are packing the car tomorrow evening, but we need a good excuse so we don't blow the surprise. We're driving to the Galveston (about 1 hr away), but need an excuse of why we're going that way, and why Mom and Dad have taken off work for the day and why we've taken him out of school for the day.

Suggestions????;)

I've already talked to all of our kid's teachers so they know we're leaving in two days on our cruise, but.... our kid doesn't know. We figured we'd make it a surprise. I'm AMAZED we've been able to keep our mouths shut for as long as we have:)!

Anyway, we are packing the car tomorrow evening, but we need a good excuse so we don't blow the surprise. We're driving to the Galveston (about 1 hr away), but need an excuse of why we're going that way, and why Mom and Dad have taken off work for the day and why we've taken him out of school for the day.

Suggestions????;)

How old is he? How well does he respond to practical jokes?

Do you have family or friends in Galveston? Could you say you need to go visit someone?

Suggestions????;)

appointments? LOL. my friends did this and they pulled all the way up to the port. the kids were excited to see the ships...(they were just having a family day together) mom pointed them out and said do you want to eat lunch on the ship? the kids said "can we do that??" mom and dad said "absolutely because we are going ON a cruise!" kids flipped out. LOL have fun!

How well can you hide the bags? Do you have a trunk on the car that he wont see the luggage?

If he can see the luggage, it will be a little more difficult. I think the relatives idea is a good one, or tell him there is a friends wedding out of a town and he has to go. that might be cruel though haha.

If he cannot see the luggage, you have a lot more options. Zoo maybe? Something education related like a Science center...I don't know, options are limitless if you can hide the luggage from him.

Good luck with the surprise and have an awesome cruise!

I would just say you are going to stay at the beach for a couple of days. That would explain the suitcases and other items you packed. If Galveston is only an hour away I would think that you have been there before. It would also allow the kids to pack some of their things to take. You could tell them you are going to Moody Gardens for the day.

Edited by Mysticks1

I would just say you are going to stay at the beach for a couple of days. That would explain the suitcases and other items you packed. If Galveston is only an hour away I would think that you have been there before. It would also allow the kids to pack some of their things to take. You could tell them you are going to Moody Gardens for the day.

That's what I was thinking too (well, not the specific places, I don't know Galveston :D). Say you are going for weekend getaway. He will be excited, but the cruise will be an unexpected fun bonus on top.

Tell them mom and dad can no longer take care of them and you are dropping them off at a foster home.

That should make for an entertaining ride.

As horrible and cruel as that suggestion was, I couldn't help but to laugh out loud. :o

I was going to suggest something that the kids would not be looking forward to (like needing to go to a doctors appointment in Galveston).

appointments? LOL. my friends did this and they pulled all the way up to the port. the kids were excited to see the ships...(they were just having a family day together) mom pointed them out and said do you want to eat lunch on the ship? the kids said "can we do that??" mom and dad said "absolutely because we are going ON a cruise!" kids flipped out. LOL have fun!

love this one! :D

This is what we did with our daughters. Told them we were going to spend some time at Moody Gardens. We even told them we arranged a tour of the ship (DCL Magic), so we even managed to board the ship with them still being clueless.

OP, I hope it all goes well, and you get to enjoy the expression on his face.

Suggestions????;)

Mom or Dad got called for work to Galveston. for a conference or training, and it required an overnight and the other parent decided to make it a family trip and tag along just for a little fun?

Tell them mom and dad can no longer take care of them and you are dropping them off at a foster home.

That should make for an entertaining ride.

LOL....my youngest would be so mad the whole ride!

Now that's funny! For the other questions that were asked... No family members in the area, not on a group cruise, and kid is 12 (boy). Thanks!

There are some funny surprise videos with parents surprising their kids ha they are going on a cruise. However you decide to surprise him make sure you've got the video camera rolling to see his face when you get close to the port.

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE