Clamato Juice

crazytomatoes

We lived in Florida and the Clamato juice they sell in Publixs is not the same as what we can get here in Canada. We get Clamato juice made by a company called Motts. It come regular or extra spicy. When we lived there I would take it with me as I could not find any Clamato juice that even came close it what we get here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. The clamato juice available in the U.S. tastes differently than what is available in Canada.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

my two cents

A ceasar is far better than the average BM..?only groceries we include is the lime.....that's from a southern couple....we discovered this Clamato difference back in the early 2000s......love the horse radish....a dash....maye two ;)--family thing every Sunday morning-----works for me :D

I agree. The clamato juice available in the U.S. tastes differently than what is available in Canada.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

I never realized there was a difference...but I've never had canadian clamato.

If you're right, shouldn't the OP's question be whether they have CANADIAN clamato?

Can you give me a clue as to the difference in taste?

I never realized there was a difference...but I've never had canadian clamato.

If you're right, shouldn't the OP's question be whether they have CANADIAN clamato?

Can you give me a clue as to the difference in taste?

Well you are just going to have to Canada and have a Caesar Canadian style. I will tell you a funny story. When we first started to travel in the US we were out for dinner and I asked for a Caesar and my husband said he would have a beer. When she came back she gave my husband his beer and me well I got a salad. Lol When I told her I did not want a salad I wanted a Caesar she said that is what you got. Lesson learned I think that the difference is the spices that they put in the Clamato juice here. The Clamato juice in the US is what I think bland.

I hope its available in June on the Eclipse. Toronto nephew introduced us to this lovely libation

No one in the States knows what it is.

Carole

Some people in the states most certainly do. Some people may even have a 6-pack of Mott's Spicy Caesar in their fridge right now, and a shaker of Clamato brand rimmer in the cupboard.

Then again, they may not.

:notgoingtojail:

Edited by rbsmithpaige

I hope its available in June on the Eclipse. Toronto nephew introduced us to this lovely libation

No one in the States knows what it is.

Carole

Right Carole, none of us know what it is..................:rolleyes:

So, in your mind, is this Canada's biggest contribution to the world??:rolleyes:

Right Carole, none of us know what it is..................:rolleyes:

So, in your mind, is this Canada's biggest contribution to the world??:rolleyes:

Not sure I'd say that, but the Caesar (as opposed to just plain old Clamato) is one of those quirky things that makes us just slightly different from our friends to the south.

So important is the Caesar that in Canadian airports, at the Air Canada frequent flyer lounge where a self serve bar is available to guests, amongst the shelves of wine glasses, highball glasses and beer glasses etc. is usually a shelf of glasses pre-rimmed for making Caesars - with a dish of celery sticks close by. :D

I'll see if I can get a picture on the way home later today.

Come on! Let's keep this as a fun thread:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is a fun thread.......just don't assume things you don't know about. I've been drinking Caesars for ten years and so have many others here in the good ole US of A.

Ever had a Cleopatra? I don't think anyone outside of the US has ever heard of them.............:D

Just teasin' ya.............;)

All about Clamato.

Sam Mott merged his cider and vinegar business with the Duffy cider company in 1900 forming the Duffy Mott Corporation.

The company began expanding its product line with everything from apple pies to other juices such as prune.

In 1938 they began the national marketing of Mott's Apple Juice.

In 1966 they found an old recipe based on the flavor profile of Manhattan Clam Chowder and named it Clamato at their Hamlin New York plant.

The Bloody Caesar is supposed to have been developed for the opening of an Italian restaurant in Canada in 1969.

The product is now part of a large line of beverages and other products made by the Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

I remember it as being a great stock or soup base for Manhattan clam chowder and as a spicy, salty refreshing drink both with ot without alcohol in the same fashion as V8.

In the two restaurants I operated ( 1980's ) the bars always had a chilled supply of both Clamato and V8 on hand to supply any number of Bloody Mary or Bloody Clam(sorry not my term) cocktail recipes for the brunch crowd.

A staple in my pantry and found in every supermarket in my area.

bosco

Not sure I'd say that, but the Caesar (as opposed to just plain old Clamato) is one of those quirky things that makes us just slightly different from our friends to the south.

So important is the Caesar that in Canadian airports, at the Air Canada frequent flyer lounge where a self serve bar is available to guests, amongst the shelves of wine glasses, highball glasses and beer glasses etc. is usually a shelf of glasses pre-rimmed for making Caesars - with a dish of celery sticks close by. :D

I'll see if I can get a picture on the way home later today.

and its also a staple in the American Airlines Admirals Club @YYZ. Its almost worth the quick flight from NYC to Toronto just to enjoy.

Carole

There's a bar at Whistler that serves them with a piece of bacon in it :)

I vote that someone organizes a Bloody Caesar cruise. Would love to cruise Eclipse across Canada :)

(oh, darn we would need a sea wouldn't we?)

Carole

It is a fun thread.......just don't assume things you don't know about. I've been drinking Caesars for ten years and so have many others here in the good ole US of A.

Ever had a Cleopatra? I don't think anyone outside of the US has ever heard of them.............:D

Just teasin' ya.............;)

Et tu Brute? :D

All this talk has me craving a ceaser, off to the store to pick up all the fixings...:D

Something to consider... I know my fellow Canucks may consider this heresy, but for years I've been making Caesars with Bacardi Limon after being introduced to the idea by a friend on a golf course. Never served one to anyone who didn't love it.

Something to consider... I know my fellow Canucks may consider this heresy, but for years I've been making Caesars with Bacardi Limon after being introduced to the idea by a friend on a golf course. Never served one to anyone who didn't love it.

Sounds interesting. We use lemon juice and plain celery salt as a rimmer, Smirnoff Lime Vodka, PC Clamato, dash of Tabasco, dash of Worcestershire. And Strubbs makes little pre-skewered garnishes of mini gherkin, olive and cocktail onion that goes beautifully with a Caesar! If you enjoy it then it's not wrong!

Sounds interesting. We use lemon juice and plain celery salt as a rimmer' date=' Smirnoff Lime Vodka, PC Clamato, dash of Tabasco, dash of Worcestershire. And Strubbs makes little pre-skewered garnishes of mini gherkin, olive and cocktail onion that goes beautifully with a Caesar! If you enjoy it then it's not wrong![/quote']

Now your talking! That's how I like mine. The only problem is now I want to go out for lunch and have a Caesar and chicken wings. Lol

you all have whetted my palate early in the day. Everybody should believe in something----I believe I'll have a CEASAR :D

Love this thread....we have all read threads of smuggling alcohol on board...

Well before it was available on board we used to smuggle Clamato on board in checked luggage..."more for the airlines I suppose back then.....on board we had all the other fix in's brought to our cabin and we made our own...

CEASAR is a great companion.....thank you Canada :)