Hair-dryer

sonnenstrahl

The ship hair dryers are adequate. They have high/low setting so there's no reason why anyone's hair would be burned. It may take longer to dry your hair. To me, the biggest difference is that the water is very soft so my hair acts differently from home where the water is very hard.

mysare4u.jpg

upugy9yd.jpg

It probably does depend on your hair. I have long thick hair and the hair dryers are far from doable for me. Shorter or thinner hair will probably be okay (just know it WILL most likely take longer to dry your hair than what you are used to).

I've never had a blow dryer on a ship or in a hotel work for me as well as my own travel dryer. I've been very disappointed in some of them, especially the wall type on the Princess ships that I've been on. Hardly any air and what there was was not very warm…all 3 Princess ships and different cabins I've been on. Not on any cruise line for that matter. Celebrity was one step down as their wall mounted dryer was in the bathroom, the only thing it was good for was clearing the foggy mirror.

A travel dryer can fold up small and weigh less than a pound. I'd rather give up an extra outfit or a pair of shoes than take a risk on using a supplied blow dryer.

But, I style my hair with round brushes as I dry, I don't just aim air at my head and blow the hair around. I need a directional nozzle to concentrate the air, those little dryers in hotel rooms can really get hot and dry out/burn your hair.

It really depends on your hair and your needs. I traveled for work every week and always brought my own hair dryer because the hotel ones were never adequate for my hair. I have shoulder length, thick, curly, hard to manage hair.

The dryers on the Ruby and Crown (sister ships to the Emerald) were similar to hotel dryers and were not strong enough for my hair.

I highly recommend you bring your own if you need your dryer to work as a styling as well as a drying tool and your hair is not short, thin, fine and quick drying.

I've heard the hair dryers on the small ships (PP and OP) are the worst for both output (low) and location (in the bathroom, not at the vanity desk). All they could be good for is to defog the mirror more quickly!