Gold and platinum status questions

I definitely will take up a table for our family after all we are there for this cruise to be together we don't live in the same states (I live in Florida) and we definitely want to use the two hours until the room opens to sit together, eat and talk. I am sure if they don't board with us they be there in no time with my other half and myself. I am sure there be many other tables for everybody else, we just need a larger one thats all.

We have frequently found that there are NOT enough tables. Please, once you're done actually eating, find somewhere else to sit and chat so others can have lunch too! :)

Actually, no there are not. Many times those that do not board first cannot find tables to sit at to actually eat their lunch because many who got there first are just sitting around chatting. By all means sit at the table while you are eating, but once done be courteous of your fellow cruisers who boarded after you and find another place to sit and catch up. Go up to the viking crown lounge and get a nice view of the ship with much more comfortable chairs or some other similar place.

Exactly. You can also try the Schooner Bar, or any of the other lounges. There is no entertainment and most people head to the Windjammer or pool area so the lounges tend to have plenty of seating for folks who just want to sit and talk.

We have frequently found that there are NOT enough tables. Please, once you're done actually eating, find somewhere else to sit and chat so others can have lunch too! :) ...

I thought the same thing at first but then OP did say this in post #21 -

Of course after we done having lunch we will be probably checking our room or walking around the ship... We just don't sit there after eating. :)

:)

Several years back when we were Plat. and were traveling with about 5 other cabins - who were 1st timers - they allowed us all to check in and board together in the Plat line - probably will depend on the port, how crowded it is and the rep

True enough. If you show up well after cabins are open, there's gonna be no more lines anywhere and you'll be able to check in however you like and and whatever pace is comfortable. :)