Changing Fares?

CatlinSTJ

I see posts about this occasionally, but how hard is it and is it permissible to call Carnival and change the fare type you are booked under? We are not booked ES, I think we're under past guest, but the current sale would give us a lower cash price and final payment due 30 days before sailing rather than 90 days. Would they do this switch without arguing about it?

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

I have a great PVP. I just call or email him and tell him what I want to do and he does it and sends me a new confirmation. If he has questions, he calls.

You can switch to whatever current fare you qualify for. You can even switch to ES right before it vanishes (based on length of cruise) if you think it will be advantageous for you.

Just call Carnival and ask. When I can't reach my PVP, I just call the 800# and have always had excellent service.

As long as you have not already made your final payment you can change to a lower price at any time. Just call Carnival or if you use a Travel Agent call them and tell them to make the switch for you.

I did that twice this year for our cruise in April.

Call them, I did and I got mine switched with a discount and got the paid 30 days before sailing, no OBC but that's Ok. By all means call them before your date , they can only tell you no but you won't know til you do.;)

Thanks everyone! And yeah, we're wanting to switching to the rate where final payment is due 30 days out. Found out that we miscalculated when a payment was coming in and the funds will arrive 2 weeks after the current due date. Not a huge deal, but I'd rather have the money in hand rather than floating it on the credit card, you know? We also currently have $80 bar credit per cabin and I'd much rather have as cash than a bar credit that most likely will not get used up.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014