Is it true? Bacon Police? Really?

carnival03

Yes, they are real.

They DO exist.

However, if you ask for more than the "standard" two pieces, they are more than happy to oblige.:D:D

Honestly, they'll give you as much as you want, so IMO, it kind of defeats the purpose.:D

It probably helps control slobs who would pile a pound of bacon (which is fairly expensive) onto their plate if they weren't being scrutinized. As mentioned, you can ask for as much as you want.

Yes, they are real.

They DO exist.

However, if you ask for more than the "standard" two pieces, they are more than happy to oblige.:D:D

Honestly, they'll give you as much as you want, so IMO, it kind of defeats the purpose.:D

I truly believe it cuts down on waste. You see some people taking 10 pieces and only eating a couple and throwing away the rest. If people were not such wasteful pigs, they wouldn't need "bacon police"

On our cruise in December I witnessed a fellow passenger berating the bacon server about the actual pieces he was serving her. He was extremely accommodating (more than she deserved, frankly) and did his best to give her what she wanted.

Basically, you are served bacon by lido staff instead of taking it yourself. They typically give 2 pieces at a time but you can ask for more.

When I asked for "a little" bacon on our recent Inspiration cruise, I received at least 6 or 7 pieces of bacon.

I would have been happy with 2 (especially if they were crispy, not limp).

I truly believe it cuts down on waste. You see some people taking 10 pieces and only eating a couple and throwing away the rest. If people were not such wasteful pigs, they wouldn't need "bacon police"

I am sure you are right, and I agree.

However, if you ask for 10 pieces, you are GETTING 10 pieces.

Whether you eat them or not.

Again, it defeats the purpose.

There was someone serving bacon on the Glory when I was there. They would give me two pieces. I like 3 or 4 depending, so I always asked for a little bit more and every time she would end up with a bunch stuck together so I ended up with like 7 pieces almost every time. :D

I just shared with my husband.

It was never an issue to get more.

On Lido in line for the omelet station, no one monitored the bacon on our last couple of cruises. At the buffet I had more issues with them giving me too much rather than too little. Don't sweat it, really not a big deal.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

I am sure you are right, and I agree.

However, if you ask for 10 pieces, you are GETTING 10 pieces.

Whether you eat them or not.

Again, it defeats the purpose.

It that the purpose or is it to prevent people from picking through it trying to find the perfect pieces. I have no doubt that those that prefer extra crispy would pick through the pile to find those pieces and probably not everyone would be using tongs. Plus that holds up the line.

Who would ever waste bacon? Bacon is the food of gods!

Unfortunately, Carnival's bacon is NOT. It's usually see through thin, and burned to a crisp. I prefer more of an Applewood smoked bacon, thicker, and more on the limp side.:D:D

JMO.

It that the purpose or is it to prevent people from picking through it trying to find the perfect pieces. I have no doubt that those that prefer extra crispy would pick through the pile to find those pieces and probably not everyone would be using tongs. Plus that holds up the line.

Unfortunately, they are ALL EXTRA CRISPY:eek::eek::eek:

I like the bacon more on the undercooked side.:D

There was someone serving bacon on the Glory when I was there. They would give me two pieces. I like 3 or 4 depending, so I always asked for a little bit more and every time she would end up with a bunch stuck together so I ended up with like 7 pieces almost every time. :D

I just shared with my husband.

It was never an issue to get more.

I had heard about this, but never had any problems. Last time we cruised was on the Oasis and Carnival in 2012 .... until last week when we went on a last minute trip on the Epic. No bacon police there but they way they cooked it was ridiculous .... it was all stuck together! You couldn't get 2 or 3 or even ONE piece! It always came out in a clump and it was not cooked well so was limp for the most part, but even the few pieces that were cooked well, were just little chips that had broken off and stuck to the rest. Not so good. We got a great last minute deal on this ship so it wasn't bad for what we paid, but I don't think I'll do NCL or DEFINITELY not the Epic again. Just not what we're used to all around. Crew and service was great, but nothing else. We had a good time, but I'm just glad we didn't pay full price ... not worth it to us.

Unfortunately, Carnival's bacon is NOT. It's usually see through thin, and burned to a crisp. I prefer more of an Applewood smoked bacon, thicker, and more on the limp side.:D:D

JMO.

That's unfortunate, but it's still bacon. LOL :D

This would be a true fact:D

Hey, I didn't say I don't eat it. lol

I just said it's not cooked the way I prefer. LOL:D

I try not to eat a lot of bacon, but while on vacation, all is fair game. I prefer bacon like you as well, it would be nice to have it that way. Is it any different in the dining room?