Is it true? Bacon Police? Really?

carnival03

I've seen people in line for breakfast who truly behave like it will be their last meal; then they repeat their performance at lunch.

Wait until there's a law against that. I witnessed one woman who was tall and thin with 6 bagels on one plate and more food on another. The person sitting opposite her had the same. I couldn't figure out how they could eat so much food and then do it again at lunch. Whereas I saw a couple who were Orthodox Jews who were eating their kosher meal all individually wrapped. We sat next to them and they complained about the food and left it there uneaten. What a waste.

I have to agree with Midwestgal. We've been on five Carnival cruises and have yet to find crispy bacon. It's typically greasy, limp and not very good.

But yet the bacon on the room service BLT sandwich is great! I wonder why can't they make the morning bacon as crispy as the room service BLT bacon?

Give me a break. They aren't using their kids as an excuse. Just saying that some people might have full plates because they are getting food for multiple people. Nothing wrong with that.

Unless you are in the omelet station line and the people in front of you get 3 omelets a piece! :mad:

This...And then throw half of it away.

It probably helps control slobs who would pile a pound of bacon (which is fairly expensive) onto their plate if they weren't being scrutinized. As mentioned, you can ask for as much as you want.

"but it's just easier to do this then drag 3 kids around the buffet…..so everyone please be kind to the mommies and daddies who are doing this."

Why should you as a Mommy and a Daddy wanting more than what others have paid for? Hang a sign around you telling people that you are more special than any one else in line. I am really tired of parents using their kids to get special treatment. I've been swooped up in this game, and I am just as special as any one else. I raised my children and you're starting out, doesn't make you more entitled.

Cool Cruiser

I fill my plate for a family of 5….I go to some stations and DH goes to others…so yes I might look like a piggy with my plate…but it's just easier to do this then drag 3 kids around the buffet…..so everyone please be kind to the mommies and daddies who are doing this.

I was in line one time and a lady in front took 3 cheeseburgers…I overheard a fellow passenger say "greedy!"….I just had to say something! Again..be nice to the mommies and daddies!!!

Really no need to say that to any one,,,,,I'm a Mommy and DH is a Daddy - never use your kiddies as an excuse... /just saying

I don't even have kids, and I took no offense to what the poster was saying. She said she gets looks from people (presumably people like you) when she takes extra food, when she's really just getting plates of food for her kids. A parent getting extra plates of food for her kids is not "special treatment". If anything, it makes her look extremely considerate by not dragging her kids around with her to the buffet. I would delete your post if I were you, because it makes you sound like the bitter person here.

Edited by Fitzget

But yet the bacon on the room service BLT sandwich is great! I wonder why can't they make the morning bacon as crispy as the room service BLT bacon?

Oh I love those! and I'll have a few in just a couple short weeks!! weee

"but it's just easier to do this then drag 3 kids around the buffet…..so everyone please be kind to the mommies and daddies who are doing this."

Why should you as a Mommy and a Daddy wanting more than what others have paid for? Hang a sign around you telling people that you are more special than any one else in line. I am really tired of parents using their kids to get special treatment. I've been swooped up in this game, and I am just as special as any one else. I raised my children and you're starting out, doesn't make you more entitled.

Cool Cruiser

I fill my plate for a family of 5….I go to some stations and DH goes to others…so yes I might look like a piggy with my plate…but it's just easier to do this then drag 3 kids around the buffet…..so everyone please be kind to the mommies and daddies who are doing this.

I was in line one time and a lady in front took 3 cheeseburgers…I overheard a fellow passenger say "greedy!"….I just had to say something! Again..be nice to the mommies and daddies!!!{/QUOTE}

Yes, the bacon police are real but they are not always on duty. They usually meter out a few strips to each person who asks but I assume they will give more out if you ask. I second the people who say it isn't that great but it's still one of the better breakfast items offered at the buffet. The main buffet is a loser on ccl if you ask me. Only way to get good breakfast is to go to mdr or stand in line to get an omelet. The scrambled eggs are simply terrible (if that is indeed what they even actually are) and the sausage is average to below average. Of course they do have plenty of other stuff like ham and pbj, pancakes and waffles etc. Definitely not something you want to get up early in the morning to avoid missing.

Yes, the bacon police are real but they are not always on duty. They usually meter out a few strips to each person who asks but I assume they will give more out if you ask. I second the people who say it isn't that great but it's still one of the better breakfast items offered at the buffet. The main buffet is a loser on ccl if you ask me. Only way to get good breakfast is to go to mdr or stand in line to get an omelet. The scrambled eggs are simply terrible (if that is indeed what they even actually are) and the sausage is average to below average. Of course they do have plenty of other stuff like ham and pbj, pancakes and waffles etc. Definitely not something you want to get up early in the morning to avoid missing.

I was more pleased with the buffet breakfast this cruise than in past ones but I totally agree the scrambled eggs are beyond terrible and I'm not a fan of the sausage. Luckily I liked the way the bacon was cooked. I like it crispy and in the past it hasn't been. This time it was (and they definitely will give you more bacon if you ask, I did). I tried out the MDR hoping maybe the scrambled eggs would be fresh cooked but they are the same. I did love the corned beef hash offered in the MDR.

The french toast is definitely my favourite.

Unless you are in the omelet station line and the people in front of you get 3 omelets a piece! :mad:

What difference is that than if there were three people in front of you?

It could be me getting one for myself, my DH and DD or them being with me.

What difference is that than if there were three people in front of you?

It could be me getting one for myself, my DH and DD or them being with me.

Because if I see a line with 5 people and a line with 3 people, I get in the line with 3 (as would most normal people). If each of those 3 people get 3 omelets each, then obviously I would be able to get my food more quickly in the line that had more people but only got 1 omelet each. Of course, you may not care about wasting my vacation or other's vacation time, but I do! If DD is under 3 or DH is in a wheelchair, then I have no problem but if they are able-bodied people, they should be standing in line as well so that others can better judge the wait time.

Edited by Out to sea!

• 3 years later...

I must either sleep through breakfast or have been too drunk to remember a little earlier in the day than I had thought because I've never noticed these people. I am going to be on the look out just to get pics with them, I do a lot of protesting back home and it would be funny to hold up a sign that says bacon police and have a cop rough me up or something.

I'll never understand anyone over the age of 16 not abiding by the old adage, "take all you want, but eat all you take." I can understand a 7 year old whose eyes are bigger than their stomach getting excited at the buffet and getting way too much food. But an adult? I don't care if a cruise is all inclusive. Taking more than you can eat is wasteful and we're all paying for that waste.

I'll never understand anyone over the age of 16 not abiding by the old adage, "take all you want, but eat all you take." I can understand a 7 year old whose eyes are bigger than their stomach getting excited at the buffet and getting way too much food. But an adult? I don't care if a cruise is all inclusive. Taking more than you can eat is wasteful and we're all paying for that waste.

i feel that way most especially with meat. It really bothers me when meat gets wasted because an animal died in order for it to be made. I've worked in restaurants and catering and the amount of stuff that gets thrown away is sinful, the end consumer isn't the biggest waster in the equation from my observation but it is sad no matter what.

I truly believe it cuts down on waste. You see some people taking 10 pieces and only eating a couple and throwing away the rest. If people were not such wasteful pigs, they wouldn't need "bacon police"

How does it cut down on waste if you can ask for as much as you want.

I think it's more about hoping people won't ask for more thus saving some money for the line.

Actually it's about saving time in line and it's to keep people from picking through the pan looking for that perfect piece of bacon. I've only ever seen anyone there when there was a significant line at the buffet.

i feel that way most especially with meat. It really bothers me when meat gets wasted because an animal died in order for it to be made. I've worked in restaurants and catering and the amount of stuff that gets thrown away is sinful, the end consumer isn't the biggest waster in the equation from my observation but it is sad no matter what.

At least the food waste on a cruise ship is immediately recycled- it's chopped up very finely and discharged into the ocean for the fish to eat.

Who would ever waste bacon? Bacon is the food of gods!

So true! :D

On the Vista, there were no bacon police the first 2 days. After that, the bacon police were there. I got the same amount of bacon each and every day. It's nothing to worry about.

I can't believe I just read this entire thread..lol! First-world bacon problems are the worst! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't believe you read the whole thread and didn't notice it is 4 years old and someone brought it back up to complain about it.

Wow! I didn't take that as someone wanting special service. She was just saying that not everyone that has a lot on their plate doesn't mean they are being greedy. She was just explaining that having a lot on their plate (i.e. 10 pieces of bacon, or three cheeseburgers) just means they are getting food for the family.

True, it doesn't mean they were being greedy, but there is just a great a chance that they were being greedy. So one is is telling the other side to not make assumptions while making assumptions themselves. It's kind of hypocritical.

Give me a break. They aren't using their kids as an excuse. Just saying that some people might have full plates because they are getting food for multiple people. Nothing wrong with that.

I disagree. Many times I decide on what I'm going to eat based on the line. So you see a line with 10 people and you see a line with 4 people so you make the natural assumption that the line with 4 people will go faster. But the line with 10 could go faster because each person is just getting a burger, slice of pizza, deli sandwich, omelet for themselves and the line with 4 people is getting 4 sandwiches each for everyone else in their party who is too .....whatever..... to stand in line and get their own food.