Is it true? Bacon Police? Really?

carnival03

Do they have turkey bacon as well?

They did in the dining room, I don't recall seeing it at the buffet (on the Glory).

ETA- I liked the bacon much better this trip than previous. I also like it crispy so…..

Edited by 1kaper

Actually, the bacon police are great. That bacon is often so stuck together it's difficult to just get two pieces. Not a bad thing. They will give you all you want but you don't have to take a big glob of it. :)

LuLu

~~~

I was at a WDW character breakfast with my grandsons a few weeks ago. When I approached the bacon at the buffet, I waited. And waited, having been on two Carnival cruises in the last 8 months, I waited for someone to serve me some bacon. I nearly died of embarrassment when it finally hit me I could get my OWN bacon!!!

Really, the bacon police have been very generous in the past, I think I actually missed them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Okay, I've been reading some reviews that mention Bacon Police.. really??? Never heard of such a thing, can I get a little more info? Last time we cruised was in 2011

Yes, they still exist. However, I wouldn't call the stuff they serve as bacon. It's greasy strips of fat stuck together and doesn't taste anything like bacon. I think people were throwing it away because it tastes horrible. I avoid it - it really is nasty.

We were just on the Sunshine and never saw any bacon police...lol. It was serve yourself. I did however see someone pile their whole plate with bacon! And then the bacon was gone :( Myself and another person just kind of looked at each other and started laughing...wow! Thats alot of bacon!!!

I try not to eat a lot of bacon, but while on vacation, all is fair game. I prefer bacon like you as well, it would be nice to have it that way. Is it any different in the dining room?

I really do feel that the bacon in the MDR is a notch above the buffet, however, with that being said, it is NOT Cracker Barrel bacon:mad::mad:

We were just on the Sunshine and never saw any bacon police...lol. It was serve yourself. I did however see someone pile their whole plate with bacon! And then the bacon was gone :( Myself and another person just kind of looked at each other and started laughing...wow! Thats alot of bacon!!!

That happened with the French toast on my last cruise. The person like 10 pieces of French toast, cleaning out the tray.

I really do feel that the bacon in the MDR is a notch above the buffet, however, with that being said, it is NOT Cracker Barrel bacon:mad::mad:

Lol. Never been to a Cracker Barrel. We don't have them here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I fill my plate for a family of 5….I go to some stations and DH goes to others…so yes I might look like a piggy :) with my plate…but it's just easier to do this then drag 3 kids around the buffet…..so everyone please be kind to the mommies and daddies who are doing this.

I was in line one time and a lady in front took 3 cheeseburgers…I overheard a fellow passenger say "greedy!"….I just had to say something! Again..be nice to the mommies and daddies!!!

"but it's just easier to do this then drag 3 kids around the buffet…..so everyone please be kind to the mommies and daddies who are doing this."

Why should you as a Mommy and a Daddy wanting more than what others have paid for? Hang a sign around you telling people that you are more special than any one else in line. I am really tired of parents using their kids to get special treatment. I've been swooped up in this game, and I am just as special as any one else. I raised my children and you're starting out, doesn't make you more entitled.

Cool Cruiser

I fill my plate for a family of 5….I go to some stations and DH goes to others…so yes I might look like a piggy with my plate…but it's just easier to do this then drag 3 kids around the buffet…..so everyone please be kind to the mommies and daddies who are doing this.

I was in line one time and a lady in front took 3 cheeseburgers…I overheard a fellow passenger say "greedy!"….I just had to say something! Again..be nice to the mommies and daddies!!!

Really no need to say that to any one,,,,,I'm a Mommy and DH is a Daddy - never use your kiddies as an excuse... /just saying

Edited by elliair

Oh good grief! Yes...they have someone serving the bacon. But if you want more, they will give you more. It no big deal. As a matter of fact, I always want only one piece and they always try to give me more, which I have to tell them I only want one.

"but it's just easier to do this then drag 3 kids around the buffet…..so everyone please be kind to the mommies and daddies who are doing this."

Why should you as a Mommy and a Daddy wanting more than what others have paid for? Hang a sign around you telling people that you are more special than any one else in line. I am really tired of parents using their kids to get special treatment. I've been swooped up in this game, and I am just as special as any one else. I raised my children and you're starting out, doesn't make you more entitled.

Cool Cruiser

I fill my plate for a family of 5….I go to some stations and DH goes to others…so yes I might look like a piggy with my plate…but it's just easier to do this then drag 3 kids around the buffet…..so everyone please be kind to the mommies and daddies who are doing this.

Really no need to say that to any one,,,,,I'm a Mommy and DH is a Daddy - never use your kiddies as an excuse... /just saying

Wow! I didn't take that as someone wanting special service. She was just saying that not everyone that has a lot on their plate doesn't mean they are being greedy. She was just explaining that having a lot on their plate (i.e. 10 pieces of bacon, or three cheeseburgers) just means they are getting food for the family.

I am NOT a complainer, BUT The last "cruise bacon" I had was on RCI and it was not worth eating. And as long as it isn't WAY under cooked or burnt, I'm good. But the bacon I refer to had NO flavor at all. Up to that point, I had never met a bacon I didn't like.... Lol. Not gonna waste the bacon or the calories. Too many other things to eat!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cool Cruiser

Give me a break. They aren't using their kids as an excuse. Just saying that some people might have full plates because they are getting food for multiple people. Nothing wrong with that.

Never had that problem on Liberty in December. Personally I think their bacon stinks!

I have to agree with Midwestgal. We've been on five Carnival cruises and have yet to find crispy bacon. It's typically greasy, limp and not very good. I usually bypass the bacon and get ham or sausage.As far as I'm concerned, the bacon hoarders can have my share. It's so bad that I wouldn't even give it to our dogs!

Unfortunately, they are ALL EXTRA CRISPY:eek::eek::eek:

I like the bacon more on the undercooked side.:D

We on the other hand prefer really, really, really crisp bacon. We never eat on the Lido for breakfast and always ask for the crispy bacon in the MDR. They always give us way more than we could possibly eat.

Why do you suppose they don't serve the sausages and eggs etc.? It really makes no sense. I like to go for the crispy not dripping in grease bacon. I think the bacon police started about 6 or 7 years ago from what I remember.