Pools on Oasis. Any of them salt water?

We will be on Oasis this Saturday.....YIPPEEE! My mother in law loves a salt water pool and wondering if there are any on Oasis?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Never been on Oasis, however been on allure twice and it's pretty much the same. THe regular pools are not salt water however the Beach pool is. THe beach pool has the umbrella's and it's brown all around the pool (to look like sand) that is the only pool that is salt water

Oasis is the same. The Beach pool is the only salt water pool on board. You can also tell it is the beach pool because it has a zero depth "ramp" entry.

By the way, the beach pool is not a zero depth entry pool. There is a sloped area around the pool but the actual entries into the pool are still traditional walls and ladders.

See the following picture and you can see people sitting on every edge of the pool itself with their feet in the water.

SDC12948.jpg

Edited by tahqa

I had forgotten that the Beach pool was a salt water pool, but I'm wondering why someone as a user would prefer a salt water pool. Aversion to Chlorine maybe?

Salt water is very good for your skin, especially filtered sea water. It is a little roguher on swim suits as they will fade faster. I always use a salt water pool over a chlorinated one if possible.

By the way, the beach pool is not a zero depth entry pool. There is a sloped area around the pool but the actual entries into the pool are still traditional walls and ladders.

See the following picture and you can see people sitting on every edge of the pool itself with their feet in the water.

SDC12948.jpg

thus the definition of a zero depth entry. just because it has a "deeper" area that "falls off" does not mean that it is not considered a zero depth entry. You walk in from the deck with out a step down to get to the water...be in up to 6" of water but still starts a zero and gets deeper.:rolleyes:

thus the definition of a zero depth entry. just because it has a "deeper" area that "falls off" does not mean that it is not considered a zero depth entry. You walk in from the deck with out a step down to get to the water...be in up to 6" of water but still starts a zero and gets deeper.:rolleyes:

Sorry, a zero entry pool allows one to walk into the entire pool area without need of steps or ladder. The fall off of the beach pool means that it is not a zero entry pool.

This website explicitly says that the beach pool is not zero entry.

*************************************CruiseCritic.html

*edit* the website was for disabled and wheelchair and appears to be blocked by cruise critic. Here is a screencap from the site.

Oasis%2520of%2520the%2520Seas%2520Q%2526A.png

Edited by tahqa
Added edit.

Sorry, a zero entry pool allows one to walk into the entire pool area without need of steps or ladder. The fall off of the beach pool means that it is not a zero entry pool.

This website explicitly says that the beach pool is not zero entry.

*************************************CruiseCritic.html

*edit* the website was for disabled and wheelchair and appears to be blocked by cruise critic. Here is a screencap from the site.

Oasis%2520of%2520the%2520Seas%2520Q%2526A.png

TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH

CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH

SUBCHAPTER n: RECREATIONAL FACILITIES

PART 820 SWIMMING FACILITY CODE

SECTION 820.10 DEFINITIONS

"Zero-Depth Edge" means that portion of the perimeter of a zero-depth pool where the pool floor intersects the pool water surface.

"Zero-Depth Pool" means a swimming pool where the pool floor intersects the water surface along a portion of its perimeter.

Edited by CruiseDude_83
Code reference

TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH

CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH

SUBCHAPTER n: RECREATIONAL FACILITIES

PART 820 SWIMMING FACILITY CODE

SECTION 820.10 DEFINITIONS

"Zero-Depth Edge" means that portion of the perimeter of a zero-depth pool where the pool floor intersects the pool water surface.

"Zero-Depth Pool" means a swimming pool where the pool floor intersects the water surface along a portion of its perimeter.

And if "Zero-Depth" is equivalent to "Zero-Entry" then by these definitions the beach pool is Zero-Depth Edge. Which I would agree with. It is, however, not a Zero-Depth Pool.

Salt water is very good for your skin, especially filtered sea water. It is a little roguher on swim suits as they will fade faster. I always use a salt water pool over a chlorinated one if possible.

Having never been on either of these ships, my question is: is this pool drained during port days? Cause if not, sea water or fresh, within 12 miles of land, all pools must in recirculation mode, and recirculation mode requires chlorination. The only time pools on cruise ships are not chlorinated is when outside 12 miles, a sea water pool may be switched over to flow-through.

Having never been on either of these ships, my question is: is this pool drained during port days? Cause if not, sea water or fresh, within 12 miles of land, all pools must in recirculation mode, and recirculation mode requires chlorination. The only time pools on cruise ships are not chlorinated is when outside 12 miles, a sea water pool may be switched over to flow-through.

I have been in this pool when we were in port..perhaps the water is switched out during the night while at sea.

I have been in this pool when we were in port..perhaps the water is switched out during the night while at sea.

If the pool is full of water, and people are allowed in while the ship is in port, then it is in recirculation mode, and is chlorinated to the same levels as the fresh water pools. The chlorination is required to be monitored continuously on recording charts.

Does anyone know if the pools on Navigator are fresh or salt water?

Barb

Before the refurb all of the pools on Navigator were salt water. I think they still are after the refurb, but I don't know for sure.