Suites -- Prior to boarding

KitinIowa

We are in a penthouse suite on the POA and sail in 30 days.... we have only gotten a call right after we booked the trip about 3 months ago from a concierge I believe?

Anyway, we have letters regarding our luggage tags and basic information but nothing about pillow requests or anything else. Will we be hearing from anyone by phone or letter regarding these items prior to arriving at embarkation?

This is our first cruise, so not sure what to expect and when to expect it. I did email NCL about emptying our refrig for our personal non-alcoholic drinks, etc. and they did respond to that. Thanks for the CC tip about that.

We are in a penthouse suite on the POA and sail in 30 days.... we have only gotten a call right after we booked the trip about 3 months ago from a concierge I believe?

Anyway, we have letters regarding our luggage tags and basic information but nothing about pillow requests or anything else. Will we be hearing from anyone by phone or letter regarding these items prior to arriving at embarkation?

This is our first cruise, so not sure what to expect and when to expect it. I did email NCL about emptying our refrig for our personal non-alcoholic drinks, etc. and they did respond to that. Thanks for the CC tip about that.

Email them again with your pillow requests, etc. They'll take care of it.

Edited by mizlorinj

Hi KitinIowa,

We are in a suite on POA next month.

The letter you got with your luggage tags will also have the email address for the concierge Desk, but I have added it here.

NorwegianConciergeDesk <NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com>

You can send them any requsts or questions, but they can take some time in getting back to you.

If you have not already done so, join your Roll Call for your cruise. You can get a lot of info from others sailing your week. I would also suggest reading the Roll Calls from other POA sailings. There is a ton of great info listed.

Here is what our letter said about suite choises we needed to make.

Below are some of the complimentary amenities that will be made available to you, our valued Haven & Suites guests. We have several options and it would be my pleasure to assist you with pre arranging everything for your upcoming sailing onboard the Pride of America on April 12, 2014. Please select your preferences from the menu below.

In addition to the luxurious feather pillows in your suite, you can also select from the following pillow options:

Pillow Options

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Reading Wedge

Hypo-Allergenic

Coffee

Regular

Decaffeinated

Tea

Chamomile

Green

Black

Lemon

Water

Still

Sparkling

Extra Towels

Washcloths

Hand

Bath

Please choose 3 bottles from the list below.

Wine

Cabernet Sauvignon:

Wolf Blass “Yellow Label”, South Eastern Australia

Robert Mondavi “Private Selection”, California, USA

Santa Rita “Reserve”, Maipo Valley, Chile

Greg Norman, Cabernet/Merlot, Coonawarra, Australia

Middle of the Road Reds:

Esser Vineyards, Merlot, California, USA

Tisdale, Merlot, California, USA

Meridian, Merlot, California, USA

Robert Mondavi “Private Selection”, Merlot, California, USA

Columbia Crest “Grand Estates”, Merlot, Columbia Valley, Washington, USA

Rich and Spicy Reds:

Ravenswood “Vintner’s Blend”, Zinfandel, California, USA

Cline, Zinfandel, California, USA

Terrazas, Malbec, Argentina

Smooth and Sexy Reds:

Beringer “Founder’s Reserve”, Pinot Noir, California, USA

Louis Jadot, Beaujolais-Villages, Gamay, Beaujolais, France

Volcano “Peles Delight”, Hawaii, USA

Bolla, Bardolino, Lake Garda, Italy

White Zinfandel/Rose:

Woodbridge, White Zinfandel, California, USA

Chardonnay:

Esser Vineyards, California, USA

Meridian, Santa Barbara, California, USA

Columbia Crest, “Grand Estate”, Columbia Valley, Washington, USA

Tisdale, California, USA

Refreshingly Crisp Whites:

Bolla, Soave, Garganega & Trebbiano, Veneto, Italy

Giesen, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand

Hogue “Sauvignon Blanc”, Columbia Valley, Washington, USA

Fun and Floral Whites:

d’ Arenberg, The Stump Jump White, McLaren Vale, Australia

Hogue, Gewurztraminer, Columbia Valley, Washington, USA

Light and Fruity Whites:

Chateau Ste. Michelle, Riesling, Columbia Valley, Washington, USA

Bex, Riesling, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Germany

Sparkling Wine:

Domaine Ste. Michelle, Blanc de Blanc, Washington, USA

Segura Viudas, “Aria Brut Nature”, Cava, Penedes, Spain

Kenwood Yulupa, California, USA

Alcohol Free:

Ariel White

Ariel Red

Ariel Sparkling

Ariel White Zinfandel

Sodas

Pepsi

Diet Pepsi

Sierra Mist Soda

Orange Soda

Tonic Water

Ginger Ale

Club Soda

Also, please advise me of any additional interest in our Mandara Spa Services, Art Gallery, or Specialty Dining. It would be my pleasure to make these arrangements for your upcoming sailing. Please advise me of your estimated time of arrival to the port on the day of embarkation so that I may advise the shipboard team. If you have any questions or requests please feel free to contact us at 1-855-625-4283, or you can e-mail us at NorwegianCruiseLine@ncl.com.

Regards,

Arthur Paris

Concierge Desk Supervisor

Norwegian Cruise Line

Here is the information we got.

I assume you are in a haven suite as I don't expect to get a wine list choice... ;-).. Thanks for the information.... today is day 30... so maybe the letter will be here soon.

No Haven suites on POA, but we are in an owners suite for my wife's 50th B-day. Her Idea, I just get to tag along.:) 22 days and counting for us.

Enjoy your cruise.

Den Leader:

All the amenities that you have listed (provided by the concierge) for a suite -

Are they unique ONLY to suites on the POA sailing in Hawaiian waters ?

Is something similar offered for suites on other ships ?

Such a suite deal if fleet wide !

Everything below "Extra towels" section is limited to Owner Suites, Deluxe Owner Suites and Garden Villas. All suite perks are fleetwide with that limitation.

Edited by Demonyte

Everything below "Extra towels" section is limited to Owner Suites, Deluxe Owner Suites and Garden Villas. All suite perks are fleetwide with that limitation.

This is our first time in a suite so thank you for the clairification.