Suite style rooms in FLL

hlb76

We are cruising from FLL in Oct. We are a group of 6 ( families of 3). I'm starting our search of hotels as we are staying 2 days pre-cruise. I'm completely overwhelmed with all the hotels to choose from. I am hoping we can find a suite style room. We dont need fancy by all means. But with being there 2 days it would be nice to have a couch to sit on not just a room with two beds. Would be even nicer to have a bedroom with a living area. This would be nice when all 6 of us want to hang out especially when the little ones go to bed. Hope that makes sense.

Any suggestions for hotels that cater in this style of room? I'd like to keep our hotel bill at under $120 a night if possible.

Thanks.. I already have a few of those types on my list. I was hoping for advice from ppl who have stayed in like hotels.

There are many threads here on Embassy Suites. It is a very acceptable place for a night or two prior to a cruise. Each Suite has a living room and a bedroom. Plus a bathroom, of course.

Doubletree Gallery One has suites with a living room that has a sofa bed and also has kitchens.

Others to consider are Embassy Suites, Springhill Suites, Fairfield Suites and and Homewood Suites.

The Doubletree is $108/nt for your dates on LMT.

Edited by Marie51

Thanks... we have both Embassy and Double tree on the list. Right now Embassy is winning in my eyes with the fact they have breakfast and the managers reception. Nice to get a little perk if I can. I was shocked when I found many hotels charge for parking and charge quite a bit. Something I'm not used to where I'm from.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Good morning! I just took a cruise from FLL a month ago, and we were a party of 6, all family. We stayed in a Suite at the Holiday Inn Express. It was the one on 84 State St. (or maybe State Rd.) It is colored in pastels on the outside. We had two double beds and a pull out sofa. The room wasn't huge, but worked well. It had a kitchenette, and was clean. The hotel had free parking, and a free breakfast with a good amount of things to choose from. We paid $199.00 per night, so a little more than you wanted to pay, but I checked ALL suite hotel options, and this was the best price for a reasonable property. I did find one cheaper further away, but I read the reviews and they were not good. This Holiday Inn is across the road from a shopping center that has a grocery store and a few other things. And, the best part was it was very close to the port. The morning we headed out to our cruise, we were at the port in about 5 minutes. We had a rental car, but the hotel does offer a shuttle. I think it was $8.00 pp for the shuttle. Just some information for you for what it is worth! Have a GREAT cruise!

Thanks... we have both Embassy and Double tree on the list. Right now Embassy is winning in my eyes with the fact they have breakfast and the managers reception. Nice to get a little perk if I can. I was shocked when I found many hotels charge for parking and charge quite a bit. Something I'm not used to where I'm from.

I originally had Embassy suites booked at $259/nt and then I found the Doubletree for only $120/nt so we switched to that one even though we will have to pay for breakfast it still turns out to be a better deal.

You can get some great rates on LMT. Right now for your dates the Embassy is $116, the Doubletree is $108, and Fairfield Inn & suites is $122.

Edited by Marie51

Im a club member of LMT. I have not used them yet but some rates they have been quoting me almost seem to good to be true. I think free breakfast would be nice but its not worth paying a lot for. We can always go out or even stop by a store and get a few easy things. We decided to go 2 days early so we are just looking to try and keep a tight budget. We might resort to a standard room in a cheaper hotel. At this point Im just trying to get options and then decide what we want to pay extra for... breakfast, parking, location, pool area, beach access, larger room etc. So many things to factor in.

Im a club member of LMT. I have not used them yet but some rates they have been quoting me almost seem to good to be true. I think free breakfast would be nice but its not worth paying a lot for. We can always go out or even stop by a store and get a few easy things. We decided to go 2 days early so we are just looking to try and keep a tight budget. We might resort to a standard room in a cheaper hotel. At this point Im just trying to get options and then decide what we want to pay extra for... breakfast, parking, location, pool area, beach access, larger room etc. So many things to factor in.

The Doubletree Gallery One on LMT is a great deal and it's a really nice hotel. There is a Publix a half block away to buy food if you want. You can also get a little breakfast at Starbucks across the street or at the food court in the Galleria Mall a half block away.