Showerhead difference...CC vs veranda?

RealDeal

I know this will sound like a crazy question, but I can't recall....what's the difference b/w the two types of shower heads? Is the one in CC "removable"...meaning can you take it out of its "holder" to rinse off?

All of our CC experience was on C class ships -- Century and Mercury. The CC showerheads were exactly the same as the regular veranda. They were on a wand. We had five regular cabins and three CC on those ships

I know CC is supposed to have a deluxe unit -- we never had a cabin with one.

Our first Solstice class cruise -- 2 weeks from today, maybe it will be different :)

We cruised on the solstice two years ago andthey had standard showerheads. My wife called for our upcoming Silhouette cruise at the end of the month and asked for a hand-held shower head and she was told that they do not offer that option on the solstice class ships.

They always list this as a CC amenity:

Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

We've never seen one :) - if we did, it was the same showerhead as the regular cabins we've had on the C class

Edited by CRUZBUDS

Concierge Class on M class ships has handheld shower heads. S class has fixed shower heads for some stupid reason. Modern Luxury that is not.

Aqua Class on S-Class have the Hansgrohe type shower heads. Concierge Class and lower have standard fixed shower heads:

Aqua Class on Eclipse:

0201AQ_aqua_IMGP5424.JPG

Concierge Class on Silhouette:

1649_1418.JPG

Edited by boogs

I have to say I think it is so lame that all shower heads are not detachable on all ships. I mean seriously? Doesn't it also make it easier for the stateroom host to clean the shower? I would think so, plus if you have kids and there is no tub much easier to help them bathe if needed. Seems like such a simple thing.

My advice is to turn on all the sprays before you get in the shower . If not and you decide to turn the lower ones on while you are in you will get a sudden spray of cold water!!... Of course that happen at home as well.

I have to say I think it is so lame that all shower heads are not detachable on all ships. I mean seriously? Doesn't it also make it easier for the stateroom host to clean the shower? I would think so, plus if you have kids and there is no tub much easier to help them bathe if needed. Seems like such a simple thing.

I remember when the Solstice was announced there was a lot of PR about the staterooms and bathrooms being designed by a team of five women advisers. (Quoted from the Celebrity web site about the Solstice: "The first cruise line to have 5 women, also known as "the Leading LadiesSM" redesign, and redecorate the staterooms.) It appears that their major contribution was the bar near the bottom corner of the shower to assist a woman shave her legs. Apparently they must have spent so much time coming up with that "improvement" that they ran out of time to design a decent shower head or adequate storage space. :p

Edited by fortinweb

Aqua Class on S-Class have the Hansgrohe type shower heads. Concierge Class and lower have standard fixed shower heads:

Aqua Class on Eclipse:

0201AQ_aqua_IMGP5424.JPG

Concierge Class on Silhouette:

1649_1418.JPG

It claims directly on celebrity's website that concierge class has a Hansgrohe massaging showerhead. How can it not be the same as the aqua class photo you have shown above?

Celebrity Concierge Class Features

Updated: Nevermind. I saw that the aqua class shower head is called a "panel" instead.

Edited by arazoza

We have our first Solstice Class coming up... we don't think we've ever been on a ship without a wand style shower-head -- that's just weird.

If we're ever on the fence considering getting a Aqua Class cabin -- A decent shower would be a motivator

I remember when the Solstice was announced there was a lot of PR about the staterooms and bathrooms being designed by a team of five women advisers. (Quoted from the Celebrity web site about the Solstice: "The first cruise line to have 5 women, also known as "the Leading LadiesSM" redesign, and redecorate the staterooms.) It appears that their major contribution was the bar near the bottom corner of the shower to assist a woman shave her legs. Apparently they must have spent so much time coming up with that "improvement" that they ran out of time to design a decent shower head or adequate storage space. :p

LOL! That makes it even worse!:p

It claims directly on celebrity's website that concierge class has a Hansgrohe massaging showerhead. How can it not be the same as the aqua class photo you have shown above?

Celebrity Concierge Class Features

Updated: Nevermind. I saw that the aqua class shower head is called a "panel" instead.

Yep, you are correct. I mistakenly thought the panel shower was the Hansgrohe shower. A Hansgrohe is only the showerhead itself.

Thanks for catching that and providing more accurate information.