Interesting offer from X .

dolittle

How do the Broadway show tickets work? Can you choose any show you wish, or are you given a list to choose from?

They mention Kinky Boots, Aladdin, and Book of Mormon with other shows having a surcharge. Yankee and Met games are available, too. Times Square hotel, why you can't get any more central than that. So, on the face of it, it sounds pretty good. The reality might be quite different, of course, involving nose bleed seats, small, hard to rent hotels rooms etc. I used to wait until 5PM and wander down to Times Square where tickets were half price for Broadway and off Broadway shows that hadn't sold out that night. This was years ago, but did I ever benefit with some great shows. Even lousy hotel rooms in the City are high priced. I have no idea of what a seat at the ballpark goes for nowadays, but, again, there are some in every park that would make me wish I was home watching on TV. So this would be a bit of a gamble, but probably worth the chance if you're not too picky. Personally, I would do it on my own and know what I was getting, but I'm a native NYer and still have relatively easy access to NYC, so don't listen to me:D

To curtdesilets: I agree!

And To BosoxI: I believe those are the only three shows requiring a surcharge and I think the room at the Westin will be fine as long as the purchaser knows that sometimes rooms in NYC can be small. I understand where you're coming from, but with the room tax and the cost of transfers, I think this is a very good deal.

However! Sometimes seeing what might be a good deal can be the impetus for our researching our own, better deal, and that would be how it would work for you, if you chose to do it. Better may not be cheaper, but just under our control more. Otoh, a good bargain is fun sometimes, too.

Whoever does this package, come back and tell us how it was!

we got this too and it wasn't even close to a good deal for us. We have a balcony cabin for the 8/24 sailing. We booked with the drink package plus we got the 3rd passenger taxes only. It was $3200. The package for our same room was $5800. I was particularly interested as we'd already planned to do 3 days in NYC pre-cruise but I was able to book a very nice midtown which normally costs about $300 a nt for $175. Taxi airport to hotel is $40 and private car to port is $125. We already booked tix for a show, Matilda since we're traveling with my dd age 6, and we got great seats for $450 for the 3 of us. So, that only comes to about $1000 for the extras that would have been included in the pkg at a cost of about $2500-2600.

Other dates, other arrangements might be different but for my family it was no bargain.

There's a very nice pkg. being offered now with a five day stay in Africa at four- and five-star properties, on the way to a Black Sea cruise on the Connie in October. I had never seen anything like that advertised, either ... other than the Machu Picchu add-on to the Galapagos cruises. And the Iguazu Falls add-on to the Antartica and So. America cruises.

These are on different continents!!!

Reminds me of a conversation we had in Florida recently, when we said we came from UK, the reply came, ' that's near Australia isn't it!!!!!!!'

NO, it's halfway round the world!:eek:

It takes us at least 24 hrs to fly there.

If you are interested in the above 'pre- cruise package' I suggest you get out your atlas & LOOK at the SCALE!

These are on different continents!!!

Reminds me of a conversation we had in Florida recently, when we said we came from UK, the reply came, ' that's near Australia isn't it!!!!!!!'

NO, it's halfway round the world!:eek:

It takes us at least 24 hrs to fly there.

If you are interested in the above 'pre- cruise package' I suggest you get out your atlas & LOOK at the SCALE!

Did you really think we don't know that Africa, Europe and Asia are three different continents? I don't get the problem.

I certainly would never consider doing the UK and Oz on one trip; they're in opposite directions for me! but flying to Africa will always be challenging from the US, and Istanbul is no picnic either. They're both thousands upon thousands of miles east of me, travel-wise.

Thank you for your concern.