Small bottles of wine/champagne allowed????

RetesGirl3

Hi!

Has anyone ever brought on 4 small bottles of wine or champagne for your free corkage bottle? Just put mine in my carry on and then wondered if it was allowed. Any of our CC friends know what the policy would be on this???

Thanks!

Jane

Hi!

Has anyone ever brought on 4 small bottles of wine or champagne for your free corkage bottle? Just put mine in my carry on and then wondered if it was allowed. Any of our CC friends know what the policy would be on this???

Thanks!

Jane

Well, the policy as printed on the HAL website says:

Each guest 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne (no larger than 750ml) onboard in carry-on luggage at the beginning of the voyage. This bottle will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles (no larger than 750ml) in carry-on luggage are welcome, but will incur a US$18.00 (subject to change) corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=Shipboard+Life&contentMenu=Onboard+Policies&contentSubMenu=Can+I+Bring+Alcoholic+Beverages+Onboard?

So, I'm thinking 3 of those bottles will have a corkage fee applied.

Edited by Shmoo here

They're kind of sticklers for the 750ml bottles. We thought about bringing magnums - because let's face it, who doesn't like big bottles of wine? We're opted to go with the standard size bottles just to be safe.

Since they apply a sticker to each bottle to indicate that corkage has been paid, I'm afraid you might get charged for each little bottle.

Love those "single serving size" bottles! :D But since the policy says one bottle "up to" 750 ml, then one of your cute little bottles seems to fill that quota.

I wouldn't expect to get all four in for the one "free". But I don't blame you for trying!

They're kind of sticklers for the 750ml bottles. We thought about bringing magnums - because let's face it, who doesn't like big bottles of wine? We're opted to go with the standard size bottles just to be safe.

Since they apply a sticker to each bottle to indicate that corkage has been paid, I'm afraid you might get charged for each little bottle.

So how are corkage fees levied on the larger bottles? Is it higher for a Magnum?

So how are corkage fees levied on the larger bottles? Is it higher for a Magnum?
Before this new policy started, the corkage applied in the MDR was the same for any size bottle ... so if they're consistent ...

The maximum size is 750ml. It would be cool to bring on a magnum. It would be even cooler to bring a Jeroboam. It would be truly epic to wheel on a Nebuchadnezzar (15L bottle) of Champagne. But, we'll just have to work with the standard 750ml bottles.

Here's the policy from "Know Before You Go"

Each guest 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne (no larger than 750ml) onboard in carry-on luggage at the beginning of the voyage. This bottle will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom.

Additional wine or champagne bottles (no larger than 750ml) in carry-on luggage are welcome, but will incur a US$18.00 (subject to change) corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Guests are not allowed to bring beer, boxed wine, or other liquors and spirits onboard.

Edited by POA1

Thanks everyone for all your help. I am going to try and see what they do. If worse comes to worse, I will get at least 2 on ....one for my husband and one for me. Then maybe the last day I'll get the last two sent to my room. Keeping my fingers crossed… Jane