Port of Galveston closed

vols_159

With the constant fog problems and other issues pertaining to this port, JMHO, but I dont know why cruiselines continue to sail from this port. Hope all get back to normal soon!....Happy Cruising!

So other ports don't have fog? Heaven forbid there be a accident but that the Galveston ports fault right? Give me a break!

People please think before you post things like this!

The port of Tampa also frequently has fog issues with the ships late coming in or going out. The main problem with Galveston right now is not the fog but the oil spill. No one can predict where or when something like that could happen. We were delayed a year ago from Tampa both getting on and getting off so I guess it evened out.

The Port remains closed due to the oil spill. Embarkation for your cruise will be Monday if the ship is able to dock. More info will be sent via email.

Not good...hopefully they get to board tomorrow. Hopefully I get to board next Sunday!

I wonder how long the delay would have to be for them to reroute to New Orleans.

They have rerouted ships to Galveston from New Orleans before, but those ships were nowhere near home when those decisions were made.

That would also be a LOOONNNNGGGG bus ride.

The Port remains closed due to the oil spill. Embarkation for your cruise will be Monday if the ship is able to dock. More info will be sent via email.

Not good...hopefully they get to board tomorrow. Hopefully I get to board next Sunday!

The article posted above said the Cost Guard was gonna allow the Magic to come threw..

The article posted above said the Cost Guard was gonna allow the Magic to come threw..

That article was written last night.

Seafarer showed the Magic docked with todays date showing. Maybe it let the ship in but not back out?

No, she is still sitting outside of the port with all the other parked ships and boats.

http://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9378486

you will have to zoom out some.

So Magic and Navigator are just sitting outside of the port?

I can see the Carnival Magic just sitting outside the entrance to the Galveston ship channel.

Cannot see the Navigator which may be parked a bit further out.

There is a bit of fog but nothing serious.

Really too bad about the passengers on the Caribbean Princess which i am going on on April 12th.

Two days stuck in the port of Houston with zero things around it. The bars will be busy !

Really bad luck. They will have to miss a port.

No news as to when they will reopen anything to allow the ships to come and go.

Update on the Magic:

The Port of Galveston remains closed to all ship traffic due to the oil spill. Consequently, due to the uncertainty of when the port will re-open, and the time it takes to disembark guests from the previous cruise, we are forced to cancel today’s embarkation. Our tentative plan is to operate a 6-day cruise embarking tomorrow, depending on how the situation unfolds. Once we have docked we can confirm our itinerary.

We realized this is an unexpected change in your travel plans and apologize for this disruption to your cruise. If you choose to continue with your cruise vacation, you will receive a one-day prorated refund of your cruise fare (refunded with the next 2 weeks) and a gratuities adjustment to reflect the shortened cruise. However, should you wish to cancel or reschedule, please contact 1800 CARNIVAL to request your refund or future cruise credit.

We're sorry but refunds will not be provided for flight changes, hotel accommodations, meals, transfers or other incidental costs resulting from this delay.

In the meantime, to stay in touch, if you have not already done so, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates.

Once again, we apologize for this delay and thank you for your patience and understanding.

We will provide you with another update this evening by 7:00 PM(CDT).

I presume that the Navigator of the Seas will do the same.

I also presume that it will be very informal at dinner tonight in the restaurants as most people's luggage is sitting in the holds somewhere waiting to be offloaded !

At least it is not cold and the pools are open.

Update on the Magic:

The Port of Galveston remains closed to all ship traffic due to the oil spill. Consequently, due to the uncertainty of when the port will re-open, and the time it takes to disembark guests from the previous cruise, we are forced to cancel today’s embarkation. Our tentative plan is to operate a 6-day cruise embarking tomorrow, depending on how the situation unfolds. Once we have docked we can confirm our itinerary.

We realized this is an unexpected change in your travel plans and apologize for this disruption to your cruise. If you choose to continue with your cruise vacation, you will receive a one-day prorated refund of your cruise fare (refunded with the next 2 weeks) and a gratuities adjustment to reflect the shortened cruise. However, should you wish to cancel or reschedule, please contact 1800 CARNIVAL to request your refund or future cruise credit.

We're sorry but refunds will not be provided for flight changes, hotel accommodations, meals, transfers or other incidental costs resulting from this delay.

In the meantime, to stay in touch, if you have not already done so, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates.

Once again, we apologize for this delay and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Wow they are not gonna pay for people hotels for the night tonight.... It's not the passengers fault... Wow just wow.

Wow they are not gonna pay for people hotels for the night tonight.... It's not the passengers fault... Wow just wow.

Not the cruise lines fault either.. It's why the sell travel insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Update on the Magic:

That's too bad, I know what a bummer this must be for all that were expecting to sail today. Hope they all get out tomorrow early...

Edited by spyingeyes

Not the cruise lines fault either.. It's why the sell travel insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not everyone can afford another night in a hotel or not everyone can afford insurance. What about all the people still on the ship that now have missed getting home.

Not exactly a "wow" moment when it's not the cruise line's fault. I feel for the passengers, but as a PP said, that's why the sell insurance.