Port of Galveston closed

vols_159

Not everyone can afford another night in a hotel or not everyone can afford insurance. What about all the people still on the ship that now have missed getting home.

It's a oil spill.. What do you want the cruise line to do? They have orderes from the coast guard.. Not like they can teleport guest off the ship and new guest on ..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by vols_159

It's a oil spill.. What do you want the cruise line to do? They have orderes from the cost guard.. Not like they can teleport guest off the ship and new guest on ..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They should take care of their stranded passengers who are waiting. I know we would not have enough for a hotel for the night. So I guess we would sleep at the port.

Not everyone can afford another night in a hotel or not everyone can afford insurance. What about all the people still on the ship that now have missed getting home.

It's the same thing for weather delays on flights. My family spent three nights in NYC in January due to the massive storm. Delta didn't pay for rooms, food, etc. nor would I expect them too. This isn't Carnival's fault at all. Unfortunate? Absolutely.

My parents are in the Magic currently, no doubt enjoying their extra time on board! They are retired with nowhere they have to be. Feel for those that aren't so fortunate and those who were supposed to embark today.

Shame this has happened, but its no one's fault and I don't see how any compensation is warranted. As others have pointed out, that is what insurance is for. If you CHOOSE to not get it, that's the chance you take.

It's the same thing for weather delays on flights. My family spent three nights in NYC in January due to the massive storm. Delta didn't pay for rooms, food, etc. nor would I expect them too. This isn't Carnival's fault at all. Unfortunate? Absolutely.

I would expect some compensation. Of some kind. What if there are no hotels open to book? Then what?

My parents are in the Magic currently, no doubt enjoying their extra time on board! They are retired with nowhere they have to be. Feel for those that aren't so fortunate and those who were supposed to embark today.

Shame this has happened, but its no one's fault and I don't see how any compensation is warranted. As others have pointed out, that is what insurance is for. If you CHOOSE to not get it, that's the chance you take.

I see a lot of people losing their jobs that they can't get back to on time. I know if I was n the magic right now I would not be enjoying it. I would know my job would be gone when I did get back.

I would expect some compensation. Of some kind. What if there are no hotels open to book? Then what?

Then you better be expecting it from whomever ran into that barge! Because that would be the only group satisfying your wants.

than call the companies that own the 2 boats that collided and caused the oil spill..

I see a lot of people losing their jobs that they can't get back to on time. I know if I was n the magic right now I would not be enjoying it. I would know my job would be gone when I did get back.

Although not completely out of the question, I seriously doubt many... if any places would fire someone for such a situation.

I think you are completely grasping at straws here...

and once again, still not Carnival's fault.

While I certainly understand your frustration, I don't understand why you think there should be compensation. Carnival has stated that they will prorate the cruise. That's the right thing to do. Nothing more. If there are no hotels available, I would drive out of town until I found one that was available. Stuff happens. If I drove to Disney World and there was a tornado that destroyed the castle and the park was closed, would I expect compensation from Disney for anything? Nope.

Although not completely out of the question, I seriously doubt many... if any places would fire someone for such a situation.

I think you are completely grasping at straws here...

and once again, still not Carnival's fault.

If it were my family in that situation my husband would lose his job as he is still in his probationary period and his contract states if you miss a say for ANY reason you lose your job.

I don't understand why Carnival should have to reimburse ANYONE. How is this oil spill, THEIR FAULT?:confused::confused::confused: SHIP happens.....This is why people buy insurance. To cover you from "unexpected" happenings. Definitely NOT Carnival's fault!!!

I am laughing at people saying the cruise lines owe. What do they owe???? We got stranded at LaGuardia last 4th of July Delta was like Oh Sorry there is Baggage Claim to sleep in . Not our fault . Weather caused the plane not to get here. If They would have hit the freighter Maybe . But they are just sitting there. It sucks , and I would be pissssssed if it was my vacation time . But Carnival and RCI owe nothing except adjusting rates to incoming passengers for time missed on the upcoming cruise.

To all the folks talking about losing jobs: maybe these type of factors should weigh heavily when you decide on whether or not now is the best time to vacation. If I had no wiggle room in getting back to work, I don't think I would take the chance. Not seeing how this is a concern of Carnival, especially in a situation like this.

I don't understand why Carnival should have to reimburse ANYONE. How is this oil spill, THEIR FAULT?:confused::confused::confused: SHIP happens.....This is why people buy insurance. To cover you from "unexpected" happenings. Definitely NOT Carnival's fault!!!

Insurance won't cover the loss of a job....

If it were my family in that situation my husband would lose his job as he is still in his probationary period and his contract states if you miss a say for ANY reason you lose your job.

If you (general) were in a probationary period, you wouldn't be able to vacation more than likely.

Than what about the week he just missed while on a cruise?

To all the folks talking about losing jobs: maybe these type of factors should weigh heavily when you decide on whether or not now is the best time to vacation. If I had no wiggle room in getting back to work, I don't think I would take the chance. Not seeing how this is a concern of Carnival, especially in a situation like this.

This is well said.

Insurance won't cover the loss of a job....

I'm sorry. I lost you. Where does a loss of a job come into this?:confused::confused::confused:

Carnival owes NOTHING to NOBODY!!!

No control of two oil barges colliding.

People need to stop being so money hungry.

Stuff happens.

Is it ideal? NO!

But it happens.

Deal with it.

Compensation from whom and why? Honestly, it drives me nuts when people don't buy insurance, (for whatever reason), and then expect bail outs when the unexpected occurs. My guess is on a Sunday night, most who need hotel rooms will be able to find them. I would suppose that people who drove to the port and live nearby will go home and return tomorrow or whenever they are notified the ship is in port.

I assume that if he couldn't miss a day for ANY reason that he wouldn't be on a cruise in the first place.