Prime 7 Reservations Question

jan-n-john

We will be sailing on Navigator next week, 10 days. We have made our allowed one reservation in Prime 7. My question is, how flexible are the dining possibilities for Prime 7 likely to be, specifically, if we decide we like it and wish to dine there more than just that one occasion, how likely is it that once aboard we (two couples so a table for 4) would be able to get reservations for one (or more??) additional occasions? We can be fairly flexible on timing.

We have had pretty good luck getting into Prime 7 more than the 1 allowed reservation. We haven't tried to make reservations but have just dropped by Prime 7 or Signatures around 6:45 and occasionally been able to get in as they had openings. We just took a chance and were pretty successful. We make our one reservation for late in the cruise and then drop by the first night and have been able to get in. Have also stopped by at other times in the cruise with some luck. it is hit and miss but worth the effort. On our last cruise we would give one of them a try and if that wasn't successful we headed to Sette Mari. It actually became our favourite place to eat dinner. Most of the time there were at least 4 of us.

Agree with last post but it also depends upon the length of your cruise. It can be difficult to get more than one reservation on 10 night cruises because they want to make certain that everyone have the opportunity to dine there once. You may not want to dine in Prime 7 more than twice. The Compass Rose menu on the nights of the Captain's Reception (usually the 2nd night on board) and the Captain's Farewell (usually the 2nd to last night on board) has special things like lobster, Beef Wellington, chateaubriand, etc. In fact, those nights could be good for an extra reservation in Prime 7 because most passengers want to dine in Compass Rose.

Enjoy your cruise:-)

Edited by Travelcat2

1982 and Travel..........Thanks for the advice. Our current booking for P7 is for the 3rd night, and based on what I've read we'll certainly plan to dine in CR on the 2nd nite anyway. Perhaps we'll just drop by P7 the first night, as suggested, and see what happens. My general experience with hard-to-get-a-reservation restaurants has been that it's amazing what you can do just by showing up and standing there and being nice. I'm sure we won't face starvation no matter what!

Edited by jan-n-john

If you are staying in a suite with butler service you can have him request a second reservation on your behalf. Be sure to ask him to investigate the possibility on the first day of your cruise. I have found that usually works. If you decide later that for some reason you do not wish to return for a second visit you can always cancel.

Thanks for the tips guys! Today was the day we could make reservations for our 6/22 cruise :)

So I'm doing the French restaurant on our 3rd night and the Steakhouse on our 5th night.

and maybe I can drag gramps to steakhouse on the first night to see if we can get in :) or even the last night :D play by ear! gotta bring my stretchy pants/dresses

Jan-N-John - We really like the Navigator and have enjoyed our (one) cruise on her. Hopefully, we'll have more in the future. There is one more option for additional nights at P7. It has worked for us, on Navigator and Voyager (in addition to what the other posters have already mentioned).

When we first came onboard our cruises, we happened to make friends very quickly. Those "new friends" also happened to have their own "one-each" reservations at P7. We invited them to our table on the night of our primary

P7 reservation and they, in turn, opened up "their table/night" in P7 to us. So, both couples had two nights of dining at P7. It was no trouble turning a table-for-2 into a table-for-4, and we all were able to achieve a second night of that dining experience. It just depends upon finding "new friends" quickly. Regards