Ft. Lauderdale for the morning

Ronsangel

DH and I are travelling on the Oasis May 10-17. We have just been advised by our airline that our return flight home has been bumped back to 3:30pm. Any thoughts on what we can do from the time we get off the ship until it's time to be at the airport? We will be using Luggage Valet, so we'll only have our carry-ons with us. I know RCI has excursions you can take, but I've heard they're often cancelled. Anyone had that experience? Thanks!

You'll need to be at the ariport at 1:30. So I wouldn't bother with rental unless you plan on leaving the ship asap.

Spend time seeing Ft L via water taxi if you haven't before. You can manage a small carry on on the boats. Have lunch at one of the stops. see watertaxi.com

Edited by eandj

Yea anytime from 2 to 4 is pretty iffy. Not long enough to rent a car but long enough to be too long of a wait at the airport.

Water Taxi is a pretty slick idea. You can get a cab to take you to a water taxi stop around 10 a.m and just chill while riding on the water, can stop off anywhere on the route for a bite to eat or shopping. Good way to kill 3 hours the airport is pretty much 15 mintues or less away from anywhere on the route so you can chill until around 1:30 and be at the airport before 2 p.m.

You could take a taxi downtown to Las Olas Blvd and walk around and shop and visit galleries and enjoy a late breakfast or lunch. Walk along the Riverwalk too. Call 954-777-7777 for Yellow Cab when you are ready to go to the airport.

Thanks for the suggestions all! We will have a full day in FLL the Friday before our cruise as well, and had planned on the water taxi as a thing to do and way to get around. We're staying at the Doubletree Gallery One, so it's nice and convenient. I like the idea of just cabbing down to Las Olas when we get back, as I'm sure we won't spend a ton of time there on the Friday. Didn't realize everything was so close!