Crematory Remains at Sea-The Andrew

I am sad to say that the Andrew passed away on March 16th. You all know how much he loved his cruises and one way I want to honor him and his love of the sea is to have a ceremony at sea.

I cant even believe that these words are coming out of my mouth right now. It all seems so surreal. :(

I have contacted Guest Solutions and got the basics on what I would need to bring his remains onboard and what the environmental officer would do. What I would like to know is, for those who have actually had this ceremony, what was it like? Did it feel immensely special for you?

However you decide to do the 'ceremony', I will hope and pray that it brings you peace and comfort.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts, prayers, positive vibes, happy thoughts etc.

It has been ten weeks (almost 11) since my Andrew took his own life. Being separated from him is sincerely the worst thing I have ever had to go through. Every day....every minute....every second...all I can think about is his smiling face and his silly antics and how quiet my house is now. It's dreadful.

We had the ceremony at sea on my May 6th sailing. It was an absolutely touching moment that I shared with my son, a good friend since high school and her boyfriend and a good friend that I met here on CC and her hubby. They took tons of pictures for me. My son caught the exact moment the ashes left the bag on camera and it was just a beautiful picture. I had a good time showing my son all of the things we loved about cruising.

I had thought about doing a review but my heart just isn't in it and really...how many reviews about the Fantasy can I get away with. :)

Thanks again everyone for checking in. This has been just tragic. I am so very lost without him. :(

Just read this thread...hoping you are doing ok dear Nancy. My friend who lost a very special friend and business partner and they were cruise sales people, did a burial at sea with the San Diego coast guard, with his ashes and his mother and a few special friends. Then His mother and she kept some ashes..so I just wanted to validate this option you mentioned many do. Your comments to me about mom and how I was and am pretty heartbroken still...meant so much. So did that Leo Buscaglia quote. I truly know my mom is with me in ways I just won't get until I get there...i even know some things have healed in those last days and more in prayer time..meditation etc. with her....long term issues and deep mutual love remains...as well as protection..

Sometimes I hear her say..Sarah..when it is time to give something attention..it is in my mind and audible to me..

I would not be surprised that Andrew is with you in a way we can't understand often...praying for your goodbye at sea...and your continued healing..you are a lovely soul and The Andrew is too...to all we have loved...here and in the beyond we give love and thanks..we are never forgotten...

All my love, sarah

I have learned....

About anything that people "who get it" can share from a loving heart helps beyond anything you/they can possibly know..it is the remembering and being with someone in such tender feelings in writing, thought, prayers or physically. We do not allow for grief or sad very well..but we are getting better as a society, we celebrated my mom's birthday at church..sunday after Easter..in a prayer..twas beautiful..2 years 8/2/14.....xxxxoooSarah

Thank you Sarah. I hear him often and signs are abundant. We spoke of death quite often and we told each other that if one of us passed away before the other that we would attempt contact if we were able. He has come to me in dreams, spontaneous weird thoughts, shuffling noises down the hallway (he shuffled his feet), touching my hair and he even sent me a gift of a litter of kittens. (that I could have done without) He has come to my friends in dreams...even people he has never met.

I cant believe it's been two years since your mom passed. Much love to you.

nancy praying for you still...... I work in the funeral business and it never gets easy to see a grieving family. So i know what you must still be going through. We have a preacher who does a few of our funerals. He allways preaches for the family to remeber the memories. Not only the happy ones but even the fussin memories. Memories help fill the hole in your heart right now.

• 1 month later...

So sorry for your loss. You guys made cruising look so fun for just us regular people. I loved your reviews...my husband and I will be on the Fantasy for our first cruise in October. We will make sure and head up to "home base" and have a bucket of beers for the Andrew.

So sorry for your loss. You guys made cruising look so fun for just us regular people. I loved your reviews...my husband and I will be on the Fantasy for our first cruise in October. We will make sure and head up to "home base" and have a bucket of beers for the Andrew.

Thank you! What itinerary are you going to be doing?

I am sad to say that the Andrew passed away on March 16th. You all know how much he loved his cruises and one way I want to honor him and his love of the sea is to have a ceremony at sea.

I cant even believe that these words are coming out of my mouth right now. It all seems so surreal. :(

I have contacted Guest Solutions and got the basics on what I would need to bring his remains onboard and what the environmental officer would do. What I would like to know is, for those who have actually had this ceremony, what was it like? Did it feel immensely special for you?

I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, wish I was on the ship, would love to come, seems like I know u both reading your reviews.

Thank you Sarah. I hear him often and signs are abundant. We spoke of death quite often and we told each other that if one of us passed away before the other that we would attempt contact if we were able. He has come to me in dreams, spontaneous weird thoughts, shuffling noises down the hallway (he shuffled his feet), touching my hair and he even sent me a gift of a litter of kittens. (that I could have done without) He has come to my friends in dreams...even people he has never met.

I cant believe it's been two years since your mom passed. Much love to you.

So blessed by this comment too..twice...2 coments just read this one.

My mom is slowly getting through more too...there are so many angles I think they now know and there are.."heavenly rules" we just can't get here but sooo glad to hear this...LOL on the kitties.

One a metal washer that there was no way could be there was lost putting in a new mattress on a owned frame and a week later it was put right on top of my bed. I prayed for both she and her mom to make my lights twinkle once in awhile to let me know they visited and still cared..I had to toss two lamps with wiring issues..LOL..by my bed.

I have felt that deep hair touching or touching your shoulders when in the deepest of despair..or just in a quiet praying. It will be 2 years this August 2nd for mom. Went to a family reunion on her dad's..paternal grandad's side that brought a scrapbook picture she had done for a cousin that was so touching to see..where she wen to this farm for some holidays and to see her at 14..

If I may offer some hope and it is so different for all of us ..but God sent 80 year old lady said it would one day just be ok..it would get to be just ok..in a way you could believe..

There is so much family change in my deal..but it could have been so much worse..all so different in how we deal in same family....

And the other thing, just lately when i dream of her it is not sad..or weird..you know working something out and when i wake up it is more refreshed.like she really is somewhere better yet still with me...not that oh she is gone I can't believe she is gone feeling...that is soo much better and so rare....

All my love Nancy...sincere love and prayers..thanks so much for yours..it helped sooo much...Sarah

I haven't been on CC much over the last few months so I never saw this post until today. I loved reading your reviews and hearing about the antics that you and The Andrew got in to!

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will say a prayer of comfort for you as you continue to grieve.

We are on the same October cruise that goes to Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay. I'm going to look for that button on Barefoot Beach. After reading one of your reviews and reading how much you loved that part of the island, we will be setting up shop right on that beach. Is there shaded areas over on that beach? How is the snorkeling right there? Hope you are doing well. Your reviews have gotten me so excited to go back on the Fantasy. It's been 12 years since I've seen her! Take care of yourself.

So sorry for your lost. I also know that this is not timely in consideration to the original post, but it is the first time I have read it. Our thoughts and prayers for your continually.

Thank you. These last 17 weeks have been quite difficult. I miss him so much.

We are on the same October cruise that goes to Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay. I'm going to look for that button on Barefoot Beach. After reading one of your reviews and reading how much you loved that part of the island, we will be setting up shop right on that beach. Is there shaded areas over on that beach? How is the snorkeling right there? Hope you are doing well. Your reviews have gotten me so excited to go back on the Fantasy. It's been 12 years since I've seen her! Take care of yourself.

The button is up in the shady area on one of the pine looking trees. It's on a very small branch. There is a rock under the base of the tree and a little vial that has a cigar in it. It's right as you get on Barefoot Beach to the right and up the little sand dune. Let me know if you find it!

The snorkeling on barefoot beach is pretty non-existant because it is shallow all the way out for many many yards. There is a link to the review in my signature so you can get a better idea. There is really good snorkeling on the first beach you come to when you get off the tenders though. We hung out at Barefoot for a few hours and then ate lunch and went swimming at the good snorkeling area spot.

I haven't been on CC much over the last few months so I never saw this post until today. I loved reading your reviews and hearing about the antics that you and The Andrew got in to!

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will say a prayer of comfort for you as you continue to grieve.

Thanks Jenny. This has been just a total mess. :(