Royal Obstructed Balcony Cruisers Expertise Needed

sandybeaches44

Dave loved your Royal thread & "Live" and following the Regal since we have booked it for this December. We also booked a balcony (E628) that says "Balcony door blocked when upper berth is in use." I know what that means but wondered, after looking at the photo you posted of E624, if there is anything else in front of the balcony?? I think I counted down right and it looks to be somewhat clear looking straight out. Any comments or photos appreciated - Thanks Dave!!

Andrea

~~~~~~~~

Hi Andrea,

Yours is two cabins down from 624. The forward partition of your balcony is even with the lifeboat davit, so looking straight out should be fine, but will also be sort of like having a blinder on your right eye so to speak since the davit will block your view forward. Looking aft will be pretty much unobstructed.

13602611885_aabd9cf9f6_b.jpg

Don't think I would want to deal with any Davit's. :(

Emerald Deck is the only one in which the lifeboat davits play a role in obstructing the view. There are balconies though, with just a little bit of research, to where that obstruction is minimalized or non existant. ;)

Emerald Deck is the only one in which the lifeboat davits play a role in obstructing the view. There are balconies though, with just a little bit of research, to where that obstruction is minimalized or non existant. ;)

Thats why I think that those cabins fore and aft of the lifeboats may be the best choice if you don't want a lifeboat in front of you?

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thats why I think that those cabins fore and aft of the lifeboats may be the best choice if you don't want a lifeboat in front of you?

Indeed. Those forward of the lifeboats, amidship under the SeaView Bar and SkyWalk, and aft of the lifeboats are the best choices for Emerald Deck. And for those not bothered by a little obstruction, there are quite a few choices along the rows of lifeboats. But those behind the tenders offer the most obstruction and would personally be my last choice.

Hi Andrea,

Yours is two cabins down from 624. The forward partition of your balcony is even with the lifeboat davit, so looking straight out should be fine, but will also be sort of like having a blinder on your right eye so to speak since the davit will block your view forward. Looking aft will be pretty much unobstructed.

Thanks Dave - One of the reasons we booked this was to save some $$$ & still have a balcony. Living in FL we often cruise in December & know how the weather can be a little "iffy" that time of year.

Andrea

~~~~~~~

• 3 weeks later...
E630, 631, 701 & E702 are totally unobstructed.

Yea! We are in E701 for our upcoming cruise. I will post pictures and hopefully the guy that has the obstructed view website will start adding the Royal pics. I am also going to try and get some pics on turn around day of some of the other rooms for him!

• 3 months later...
Hi Andrea,

E630, 631, 701 & E702 are totally unobstructed.

Thanks for this thread. We are doing our first Princess cruise in December on Royal and booked E630. It looks like we made a great choice. Many thanks to dmwnc1959 for all your great pictures!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Jeff, we are booked on the Regal currently with cabins E312 & E314. Do you have any pictures to share looking out from these balcony rooms. We are concerned that our views will be quite obstructed??

Thanks for your help!

Sue

Check this out. Scroll down the page and you'll see E314:

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

• 8 months later...
Yea! We are in E701 for our upcoming cruise. I will post pictures and hopefully the guy that has the obstructed view website will start adding the Royal pics. I am also going to try and get some pics on turn around day of some of the other rooms for him!

Hi, can you tell me whether you can hear any door slamming or noise coming from the promenade deck since the door is right below E701? Just worried about late night or early morning passengers opening and slamming the door. And were you on the Regal or Royal?

Hi, can you tell me whether you can hear any door slamming or noise coming from the promenade deck since the door is right below E701? Just worried about late night or early morning passengers opening and slamming the door. And were you on the Regal or Royal?

We were on the Royal and it was as quiet as could be in that room! You will love it!

• 2 weeks later...

Quiet as can be! You will love this room! We were on Royal for 28 days in that cabin.

Edited by GweninTX

This site: https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald has the information you are looking for.

Thank you for the link. It looks like the lifeboat is not going to be a problem as the top of it is at the bottom of the balcony of E305. This is excellent news!! So pleased with the cabin we have on Royal.

• 2 months later...

we were on the Royal in an obstructed balcony last year. It was the least obstructed cabin I have ever stayed in. The obstruction was on the side of the balcony, not the middle. I did read tho that they were changing that. How I don't know.

Good luck.

I booked cabin E511, an obstructed balcony, that appears to be in the middle of a lifeboat/tender. My PVP said that E327 between two lifeboats/tenders would have a better view and I switched cabins.

After spending hours reading cc and looking at pics, I am not sure that E327 is the best choice. It seems as if the davits take up a lot of space between the tenders.

Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has stayed or seen similar cabins.

Thanks a lot.

we were on the Royal in an obstructed balcony last year. It was the least obstructed cabin I have ever stayed in. The obstruction was on the side of the balcony, not the middle. I did read tho that they were changing that. How I don't know.

Good luck.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

• 2 months later...