Aft View on Millennium

AHwanderlust

DH and I fell in love with the aft cabin views on our last cruise in an aft corner wrap on the Westerdam. We want to try Celebrity now because of the great smoking policy. We're looking at a C1 aft-facing cabin on the Millennium, but looking at the deck plans, it looks like the FV on the corners stick out quite a bit. Does this interfere with the view for the aft-facing cabins? Can someone standing on the FV balcony look into the C1 balconies?

They may but I have never seen anyone peeking around. Spent 2 weeks in an aft cabin on the Millie and never noticed, Stay away from deck nine, too much noise from the restaurant above, which is the outdoor seating for the ocean view cafe. Friend stayed there nothing but problems.

Norma

The balconies are staggered, so anyone on decks above you will be able to see you if you're at the rail. Don't let that stop you-- the aft cabins and oversize balconies on M-class ships are wonderful! Deck 9, not so much, especially on the port (smoking) side because of the Oceanview Bar on deck 10, but decks 7 and 8, definitely. You will see the FV corners, but it never bothered me, FWIW.

Thanks everyone! We'll be sailing Alaska. I loved being able to see both shores at once, especially in Glacier Bay!

I bet you meant to say Hubbard. :)

Edited by Texed

The aft C1s are great. Even better are the corner FOVs. At some point, if they're not sold to families, they release them to everyone. We snagged one for the Norwegian fjords--it was awesome!

I've been drooling over those FOVs. I was sad they weren't available :(

DH and I fell in love with the aft cabin views on our last cruise in an aft corner wrap on the Westerdam. We want to try Celebrity now because of the great smoking policy. We're looking at a C1 aft-facing cabin on the Millennium, but looking at the deck plans, it looks like the FV on the corners stick out quite a bit. Does this interfere with the view for the aft-facing cabins? Can someone standing on the FV balcony look into the C1 balconies?

We are also cruising Alaska this May/June aboard the Millennium in an aft C1, deck 7. We have been in various Celebrity M-Class aft cabins, both C1 and FV. I have also been in one of the SB aft corner wraps on the Westerdam. I would say that the FV might come a bit closer to your Westerdam experience. That said, I agree with the others here that the aft C1 affords a great view of aft and both shores. The open areas of these balconies can be seen from other balconies but has never bothered us. The covered half of the balconies are quite private. Also, welcome to Cruise Critic as I see this was your 1st post.:)

I've been drooling over those FOVs. I was sad they weren't available :(

Just keep looking. We had C1 afts booked twice on Millennium - once for Panama canal and once for Sydney to Singapore. Both times I kept an eye open as final payment date approached and both times we managed to snag one of the corner FVs as they were released.

The cabin - and particularly the balcony - are fantastic. Well worth giving up the few perks you get with C1 and, in one case, we even had a price drop :)

Edited by Bobal

Love the aft balconies! We are also doing a southbound Alaskan cruise in July and booked first day it was available to ensure our balcony of choice was avail. On a previous Alaskan cruise (with a different cruise line) we had an aft balcony and were able to see wild life following the ship. It had the best views!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bonedoc looks like your family is on the Millie following our departure in Seward on the 25th. Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, you as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app