southern caribbean vaccines

ruby32

My wife and I are travelling on the Riviera to the Southern Caribbean this coming November. We will be going to Martinique, St. Kitts/Nevis, Guadeloupe, Colombia (Santa Marta) St. Barts, Aruba, Bonaire, Venezuela (El Guamache/Isla Margarita), and Grenada. Some countries require Yellow Fever vaccines if coming from a country that has a Yellow Fever risk. Does anyone who has been to these destinations lately on a cruise know about requirements for Yellow Fever vaccines to enter any of these countries if coming from any of the other countries on the list (e.g., if coming from Columbia, do any of the other countries require a vaccine) ? Thank you for any information.

Edited by ruby32

You can check with the government site what is required

http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

Never had any issues with most on your list

You may want to take a bug repellant with DEET in it

Thanks. The Canadian Gov't site only says that some of these countries require Yellow Fever vaccines if you've gone to a high risk country prior to entering the next country but it does not list the high risk countries themselves.

My wife and I are travelling on the Riviera to the Southern Caribbean this coming November. We will be going to Martinique, St. Kitts/Nevis, Guadeloupe, Colombia (Santa Marta) St. Barts, Aruba, Bonaire, Venezuela (El Guamache/Isla Margarita), and Grenada. Some countries require Yellow Fever vaccines if coming from a country that has a Yellow Fever risk. Does anyone who has been to these destinations lately on a cruise know about requirements for Yellow Fever vaccines to enter any of these countries if coming from any of the other countries on the list (e.g., if coming from Columbia, do any of the other countries require a vaccine) ? Thank you for any information.

Thanks. The Canadian Gov't site only says that some of these countries require Yellow Fever vaccines if you've gone to a high risk country prior to entering the next country but it does not list the high risk countries themselves.

You only usually need these vaccines if your going into areas away from the beaten track to live or visit for an extended time.

There is a link to the WHO website that lists the countries

You could check with the TRAVEL CLINIC in your area

We just came back from a southern Caribbean cruise which included St. Kitts and Grenada. We didn't get any vaccinations. I got 2 bug bites in Grenada in the interior of the island, but otherwise had absolutely no problems with bugs, bites or illnesses. Went to St. Barts a couple years ago with no problems. I always take a few little packets of Deet-based insect repellent, but seldom have to use it in the Caribbean.

Edited by roothy123