NYC Pier 88 Dropoff

Boscodog

We will be sailing in a few weeks on the Breakaway. We live in NJ and will be getting dropped off at the pier. What is the best time to get there so we won't get into congestion and my son (who is driving us) can get in and out quickly.

Thanks

We will be sailing in a few weeks on the Breakaway. We live in NJ and will be getting dropped off at the pier. What is the best time to get there so we won't get into congestion and my son (who is driving us) can get in and out quickly.

Thanks

Breakaway departs on Sunday so you won't have much congestion around 1.:)

I disagree.

I like to get there around 11am, by 11:30 they usually start letting you on and you can get that extra lunch in.

They say dont get there til 1-1:30 but I have never had any issue going earlier. Very short lines

Thanks BRPanthers99 - I was thinking about getting there around 11 and getting started on the vacation early. I just didn't want my son to get caught up in traffic though.

See if you can find out if other ships will be there on the same day. On our cruise from Pier 88 there were 2 NCL ships boarding and it was a madhouse in the terminal. We arrived around 12:30 but I wish I'd have gotten there earlier.

We plan on getting dropped off across the street from pier 88 near the taxi stand. I'm thinking that we would take the elevator up to the second level with our bags then head outside again and drop them with a porter correct?

We plan on getting dropped off across the street from pier 88 near the taxi stand. I'm thinking that we would take the elevator up to the second level with our bags then head outside again and drop them with a porter correct?

There should be porters available on the street level, so it's unlikely you'll have to take your bags upstairs.

There should be porters available on the street level, so it's unlikely you'll have to take your bags upstairs.

Oh thought they might only be there when people are getting off the ship.