Celebrity Equinox Laudry On-Board?

Falcon46

Hi,

We're taking the Transatlantic voyage in April followed by a three week stay in Europe. Packing light and effectively is going to be an adventure of its own. Saw where the ship offered laundry services, but wondered in the Equinox also had a self-service laundry to ensure we disembarked with clean clothes for the next legs of our journey. Not a big fan of shipboard laundry and drycleaning if I have an option. Would appreciate any info available from recent cruisers. Thanks in advance.

Ray

Hi,

We're taking the Transatlantic voyage in April followed by a three week stay in Europe. Packing light and effectively is going to be an adventure of its own. Saw where the ship offered laundry services, but wondered in the Equinox also had a self-service laundry to ensure we disembarked with clean clothes for the next legs of our journey. Not a big fan of shipboard laundry and drycleaning if I have an option. Would appreciate any info available from recent cruisers. Thanks in advance.

Ray

NONE of the Celebrity ships have a guest self-service laundry. Never have. You will either have to use the ship board service or pack heavier. Sorry.

NONE of the Celebrity ships have a guest self-service laundry. Never have. You will either have to use the ship board service or pack heavier. Sorry.

Above is correct, no self service laundry rooms on any Celebrity ships. Additionally, irons and steamers are forbidden and will be confiscated to be returned at the end of the cruise. They will not lend you an iron and there are no ironing rooms.

Here is a list of prices.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faq.do?pagename=footer_pages_faq#2

The fact that Celebrity ships don't have guest self-serve laundry facilities doesn't bother me at all -- I am not on vacation to deal with laundry!

We were on a B2B last spring on the Equinox so used the Equinox laundry services several times. When we travel we pack easy care clothes, and had no problems with the Equinox laundry service.

We just returned from a 10 day on Equinox. It was exquisite! Now I'm buried in laundry! I would use a self-serve laundry if Celebrity offered it, but not having it is a small sacrifice to experience a Celebrity cruise :-)

The fact that Celebrity ships don't have guest self-serve laundry facilities doesn't bother me at all -- I am not on vacation to deal with laundry!

Amen to that. I am NOT doing laundry on vacation.

(I also refused to cook my own food at the Lawn Club Grill!) ;)