Elite - afternoon tea timing

MGnut

We never have had "white glove" service when ordering Elite/Suite afternoon tea.

It always has been delivered right on time, (a time we specify - we like it in lieu of lunch so it never has been at tea time in the dining room), placed where we want it by a polite room service server who then leaves (with his tip) and we joyfully serve ourselves.

Thank you Roses2- that's the answer I was looking for - exactly. :):):)

That's what we'll try for - that's what we'd like. Elite tea at lunch to share with friends.

Howard

A little clarification on how we ordered the tea at lunch time.

We did not call room service at 7 am.

We ordered it from room service the day prior, asking for it to be "served" at 1 pm the following day.

It worked perfectly.

A little clarification on how we ordered the tea at lunch time.

We did not call room service at 7 am.

We ordered it from room service the day prior, asking for it to be "served" at 1 pm the following day.

It worked perfectly.

That's even better! Thanks. I hope they do that on the Island in May.

Howard

Both times we called in the morning with more than 6 hours in advance.

Last time we were in a Window Suite on the Grand. The person delivering the tea didn't know where the WS were and our order was over 30 minutes late even after two calls to Room Service :eek: Even had a problem booking our complementary first night dinner in the Crown Grill. The person at the desk first said that there were no cabins on Fiesta deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am so happy to read your post. It is very surprising to know that some crew members are unaware of these staterooms. I've been in them several times (a favorite). One embarkation day, I asked to ride the elevator to Deck 6 and was politely told that there were no passenger staterooms on that floor. If I had been a new cruiser, I would have been distraught. I firmly requested Deck 6....

Thank you, everyone for suggestions to Tea in your stateroom. Very helpful information.

I am so happy to read your post. It is very surprising to know that some crew members are unaware of these staterooms. I've been in them several times (a favorite). One embarkation day, I asked to ride the elevator to Deck 6 and was politely told that there were no passenger staterooms on that floor. If I had been a new cruiser, I would have been distraught. I firmly requested Deck 6....

Thank you, everyone for suggestions to Tea in your stateroom. Very helpful information.

Actually, that also happened to us on our last cruise. We also had to firmly request Fiesta deck (6). The WS have been on the Grand for over two years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the "Heads Up" to be aware some staff may not be aware of the existence of the Window Suites.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Actually, that also happened to us on our last cruise. We also had to firmly request Fiesta deck (6). The WS have been on the Grand for over two years.

Actually, I believe the WS have been on the Grand since the dry dock in 2011 when they cut off skywalkers.

To return to the original question--

from Princess web site:

Afternoon Tea

Complimentary afternoon tea may be served in your stateroom, should you wish. You may request this via room service at least six hours prior to the desired delivery time.

Doesn't say anything about white glove service.