World Series TV Coverage??

jeanaa

Okay, I know this is a crazy question - but I'm a sports nut and I'm cruising the Sun Princess 10/29. Can anyone tell me if the World Series is televised (live??) at the sports bar? Should be the last two games of the Series if it goes the 7 games.

Thanks!!

If they can get it on the satellite, they'll probably try to show the game, but it depends on where the ship is and local conditions.

But there won't be any NYC teams in it anyway, so nothing to worry about!

:)

MLB_Boston_Red_Sox.jpg

We often travel during SuperBowl time - either the immediate playoffs or the SuperBowl itself. They try real hard to get the SuperBowl - because there are rabid fans on most cruises, but I don't think there will be enough whining for them to go to extraordinary means to get the World Series.

We watched one football playoff game at a sports bar in San Juan prior to the ship leaving. Turns out - after all the promises - the game never got shown on the ship. People who found out they needed only go across the street to a bar to watch the game were unhappy.

Any promises made about sporting events should not be counted on. Depends on hotel management - depends on cruiseline management - depends on satellite feed availability - most times if we ever got the game, it was mid-game or worse.

We were on the Sapphire for the last 3 games of the NBA finals. But it is all dependent on the Sattelite. On the final game, we kept loosing the signal throughout the 1st quarter. We met the greatest people while watching the games!! Have a great time!!

Deb

Archived