Suggestions for a place to wait for embarkation - Miami

vincent15

Our flight arrives at 10 am on Sunday. Celebrity has informed us that due to immigration inspection and a through cleaning due to Noro virus, both the luggage check in and embarkation will not be available until 2:00 at the earliest.

The ship was scheduled to leave at 4:30, and the phone message says to arrive for embarkation between 2 and 5!

Any suggestions as to where we can wait with our luggage until 2:00

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

If the flight arrives at 10am, by the time you get your bags and get through the airport, it will likely be 11am.

Normally, my plan would be to board and have lunch. Since that will not be an option, I would go to a downtown hotel and have a nice lunch, leaving the bags with the bellman. It will require two cab rides, but better than standing at the pier.

I suggest you post this on the Florida to find a good hotel to have lunch, but I would expect that any of the 4-star downtown hotels would be a decent choice.

Personally I would have a leisurely lunch at the airport and then catch a cab to the cruise terminal. You do not really have that much time to kill, so not worth the expense/hassle or traveling anywhere between the airport and cruise port. You only have to kill about 2.5-3 hours factoring in time spent leaving the plane, retrieving luggage and riding to the port (and that assumes your plane is on time). If you think you would really be bored at the airport killing a couple of hours, then maybe head to South Beach; lots of restaurants, shopping and people watching - but will add $$$ from extra cabs and would have to tip someone at a hotel to keep your luggage while you wander South Beach.

I would think that even with delayed boarding, there would still be porters to gather luggage (even though the email says differently)....as such,. I'd cab it to port, drop luggage then have cab take me someplace for lunch and come back later.

I would think that even with delayed boarding, there would still be porters to gather luggage (even though the email says differently)....as such,. I'd cab it to port, drop luggage then have cab take me someplace for lunch and come back later.

Can't seem to capture you question as to why there is so much space in your signature. The answer is that there are a bunch of returns in there. Place your cursor just in front of where your future cruises start and hit backspace until the returns go away. Good luck!

Our flight arrives at 10 am on Sunday. Celebrity has informed us that due to immigration inspection and a through cleaning due to Noro virus, both the luggage check in and embarkation will not be available until 2:00 at the earliest.

The ship was scheduled to leave at 4:30, and the phone message says to arrive for embarkation between 2 and 5!

Any suggestions as to where we can wait with our luggage until 2:00

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Who knows if your flight will even be on time these days..

I'd take a hotel shuttle to the hotel right outside of the airport, I think it used to be a Westin but now it is a Sheraton (Sheraton Miami Airport), check my bags and sit and have lunch. The ask the bellman for a cab when you are ready to leave.

For a cultural and food experience, from airport take a cab to Versailles restaurant. This the unofficial "city hall" of the Miami Cuban community. Fun place, delicious food. Have a leisurely lunch then have the restaurant call you a taxi to the pier. [Versailles is not pronounced in the French way. It is approximately vehrsallies.]

If you are able to drop your luggage at the port, take a quick cab ride to Bayside marketplace. It is only 5 mins from the port and has several shops and restaurants.

You definitely can kill a few hours there lots to see and do.

Steve

Can't seem to capture you question as to why there is so much space in your signature. The answer is that there are a bunch of returns in there. Place your cursor just in front of where your future cruises start and hit backspace until the returns go away. Good luck!

Oh if only it were that simple....definitely tried that one, removing it all and starting over too....

still looking for help..... someday I'll figure it out...!

Personally I would have a leisurely lunch at the airport.

Where???

We arrived fairly early 2 weeks ago, to return a rental car.

We checked in and found it difficult to find somewhere to eat, where it didn't involve standing up.

I think the suggestion re the Shereton Hotel is good. They have a decent patio, which overlooks a golf course. Lunch is served there and there is an added bonus of WiFi.

Where???

We arrived fairly early 2 weeks ago, to return a rental car.

We checked in and found it difficult to find somewhere to eat, where it didn't involve standing up.

I think the suggestion re the Shereton Hotel is good. They have a decent patio, which overlooks a golf course. Lunch is served there and there is an added bonus of WiFi.

Thanks I've done the Sheraton a few times. I even went out and say in a lounger when I was finished with lunch, it wasn't busy and I didn't bother anyone, so no one said a word......as long as you buy something it seems fine:)