Royal Snobs?

Okay. Call me a Royal Snob. I just really happen to enjoy fixed time dining with the same tablemates and servers each night. Obviously this makes me a horrible person.

ME TOO! This follows disney a bit.. like I said you move to a different thememed room every night and your waiters go with you, and your table mates.

There are plenty of people that CAN afford to sail on a luxury line on a regular basis but that DOES NOT make them snobs! For what it costs to sail in suites on a number of RC ships is comparable to some charges on more luxury lines.

People can afford the other lines but especially if traveling with children overlook the lines you mention because they are less child /family orientated.

To say people who sail RC don't have money and luxury liners are full of snobs is a stereotyping at its worst!

I know plenty of people who have plenty of money that are not snobs. I have also encountered numerous people on RC that certainly give off the impression they are above everyone else and appear to be snobs.

Just saying:rolleyes:

We are Loyal to Royal Snobs, and now we are getting our kids on board too. Nothing but great things to say about Royal over here. The specialty is worth it, if you get a chance to do it.. on a cruise with 2 kids, we are happy to eat every night in the windjammer, if that is what they want to do. Im good with a bagel in the morning, salad at lunch, a chicken sancwhich and fruit at dinner.. gimme some cookies and tea before bed, and Im happy 24/7.

We are Loyal to Royal Snobs, and now we are getting our kids on board too. Nothing but great things to say about Royal over here. The specialty is worth it, if you get a chance to do it.. on a cruise with 2 kids, we are happy to eat every night in the windjammer, if that is what they want to do. Im good with a bagel in the morning, salad at lunch, a chicken sancwhich and fruit at dinner.. gimme some cookies and tea before bed, and Im happy 24/7.

Glad your kids are getting onboard! Our DD was sold on RC a long time ago:) we will probably do a speciality with her this year. She loves her food and has expensive taste when it comes to fine dining:D makes us laugh she can use chopsticks better than a knife and fork:rolleyes:

We booked Quantum in December before the dining announcement was made. There are two reasons, 1) We actually wanted something new, 2) It's local, no airlines required. If you say RCI offers a lot of choices, but if you only cruise out of NJ, there is only one choice. You could certainly say there is choice in FLL, but not so much in many other cities. A different line? With no Diamond perks?

I don't like the change, but traditional dining was broken with MTD. Further fracturing the process would not have been my fix.

To those who are posting we should always be open to try something new, Quantum the ship is as new as I wanted to get. How do I know I won't like this new setup? It's called a land vacation! You need to pick your time and which restaurant. Plus you also need to schedule and pick an entertainment venue. I cruise so I don't have to make those decisions. If you have ever vacationed with a large group those decisions cause stress and sometimes hurt feelings. What could be better than a cruise ship where you wake up in a new place every morning!

I agree you can make RC as extravagant as you want. You sail RC through choice, not because it is all you can afford! Our DD enjoyed celebrity but not as much as RC. That coupled with we are working towards Pinnacle means we stick RC, and will probably switch to celebrity once she leaves home and we have our status.

The poster I was replying to made a statement regarding all RC passengers as average joes and I was trying to make the point that is not an accurate assessment!- I wonder what they would call people who travel low end lines:eek:

we have been on Oasis, we felt SPOILED! We felt that was the BEST ship ever, but the food was HORRIBLE in MDR, we went to specialty, only to find out we really loved the food in the windjammer... so formal night after a bad appetizer, off we went in our formal wear with champagne to the windjammer, and got waited on, hand and foot.

Our kids will be with us, so ANY ship is going to be GRAND to them. To them they say we are going on the Titanic, but not so far away, and not in the cold. We just love being able to be waited on, if we dont like the food, we go somewhere else or we starve! LOL You cant go wrong with chicken, steak or salad.

Now, we CAN afford a suite, and all that expensive stuff, but you know what? We only nap, and sleep in our room, thats it, so why bother on that.. I feel that is a waste of my money. If I want great food, and a bigger place, I'll stay at home. Im not knocking anyone who does the suites or whataverm but i cant wait to have 4 people in a cabin, with no window, and watch my kids enjoy sleeping on bunk beds, on a ship.. with all you can eat food... thats all the smiles I need.

ryano, we are both NOOTS and we do enjoy Princess......since Royal Caribbean decided not to be on the West Coast, which is a stone throw from where critterchick lives, and about a 6 hour drive for me.

However we do leave on the AOS in 21 days, for a TA.

We still like Royal Caribbean, but no longer a Royal Snob!:D

Rick

You do not need to explain yourself to anyone on this site.

There is people here who have been on 3 or 4 cruises and are now the cruise experts.

My last Princess cruise was much better than my last RC cruise.

And at least I can say it with experience....

Glad your kids are getting onboard! Our DD was sold on RC a long time ago:) we will probably do a speciality with her this year. She loves her food and has expensive taste when it comes to fine dining:D makes us laugh she can use chopsticks better than a knife and fork:rolleyes:

We told them the dining room is like Leo in Titanic, and they can NOT do king of the world. They can not wait to have fancy food. They know if the dont like anything they can ask for pizza, grilled cheese, chicken fingers, spaghetti, etc ( they are allowed to ask from the kids menu as are the adults).... I just cant wait to take them, after all the ones we have been on.

You do not need to explain yourself to anyone on this site.

There is people here who have been on 3 or 4 cruises and are now the cruise experts.

My last Princess cruise was much better than my last RC cruise.

And at least I can say it with experience....

Matj2000, I was just sayin..........I know that I don't need to explain anything.

You can check my sig block.;)

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Matj2000, I was just sayin..........I know that I don't need to explain anything.

You can check my sig block.;)

Rick

I know you don't need it, but I was just watching your back.

Also you have one of the most impressive cruise history....

Thanks Matj2000, I appreciate that. I really did not start cruising till about 18 years ago, when I met my future bride on the old Pacific Princess, the original "Love Boat" from the series.

She....unfortunately for me...loves to cruise, and bit me with the bug!:D

Rick

Matj2000 kudos to you. :)

Thanks Matj2000, I appreciate that. I really did not start cruising till about 18 years ago, when I met my future bride on the old Pacific Princess, the original "Love Boat" from the series.

She....unfortunately for me...loves to cruise, and bit me with the bug!:D

Rick

Rick, there is nothing better than a wife that likes to cruise. You are one lucky guy.

Andrew

I understand, I think I'm just a bit frustrated with the negativity of my fellow RC fans.

Everythings (not good enough) or (disappointing) or (doesn't excite me) and I'm thinking come on guys, heres a cruise line thats working hard to impress, taking chances that others aren't, and overall continuing to build new stunning ships that we all love.

I guess people want new, but don't want too new, or too bold. Its like theres no pleasing them.

Second, instead of 1 complimentary main dining room, there are now 4 complimentary dining rooms. You won't be spending more money on food if you don't want to. Thats a choice you personally make, Royal isn't forcing anyone to spend more, in fact you are getting 3 more complimentary choices.

I understand what you are saying. I'm willing to wait and give it a chance. It doesn't sound like what I will like, but Royal has always come out ahead, in my opinion.:)

Kathy

Matj2000 kudos to you. :)

Rick, there is nothing better than a wife that likes to cruise. You are one lucky guy.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. It's a good life, but does take a bit out of the pocketbook. However, as they say, you only go around once in life, so make and be the best at what you do, and enjoy what you can. I'm very lucky and blessed.:)

Rick

We told them the dining room is like Leo in Titanic, and they can NOT do king of the world. They can not wait to have fancy food. They know if the dont like anything they can ask for pizza, grilled cheese, chicken fingers, spaghetti, etc ( they are allowed to ask from the kids menu as are the adults).... I just cant wait to take them, after all the ones we have been on.

They will love it and so will you:Dluckily we started sailing with DD as soon as she was old enough to be allowed on a ship and were fortunate she will try anything including escargots at an early age:D she's also allowed a mock tail at dinner to make her feel grown up;) and of course being a girl means she loves shopping for clothes for formal night;)

I really hope you and your family have a great cruise:)

And rubrrick has one of the most impressive avatars too!

Edited by Yorkvillain
I spelled rubrrick incorrectly

It seems as though many posts fall within 2 categories; 1. those complaining about increased options and/or dislike and 2. those complaining about others complaints.

RCL is exploring and providing new options for its current, loyal cruisers and attempting to attract adventurous, new cruisers with non-traditional cruising aspects. Those who have avoided cruising may be attracted by new amenities never before seen, or a break from long-standing cruise aspects that were not appealing to some. Loyal cruisers may scoff at the idea of a breakaway from the status quo in terms of dining and entertainment and may getaway to alternative ships and/or vacation providers. Others may bask in the radiance of a new experience and be allured by an oasis that provides a quantum leap from tradition.

I hope this post is not interpreted to be a complaint about those complaining about other's complaints....;)

Very clever!:)

Happy sails.

Kathy

I WAS at the reveal on Wednesday on brutally cold and windswept West 34th Street and am now looking at one of the booklets provided to us in the little shopping bag.

There are 7 pay places listed, the 3 spots run by celebrity chefs (Oliver, Michael's, Devinly) plus the incredible Wonderland and three of the traditional RCI pay venues, Chops , Chef's Table and Izumi. Plus JR outside of breakfast.

Freebies are American Icon (which will not have Cracker Barrel level food but more upscale regional US traditional goodies), Chic, Silk, Grande and Coastal Kitchen. In addition, other freebies are the Jammie, Cafe Two70, Seaplex Doghouse, Sorrentos, Cafe Promenade and JR (AM).

I normally am a basic conservative eater but I tried almost all the samples and they were great. I may have to get more adventurous on upcoming cruises

From what I can see, many of the people complaining the most seem to have the most facts wrong.

And the Northstar is free.

Unlike NCL and Princess, you can make reservations ahead of time using a tablet or computer and you can link reservations when making these arrangements with other cruisers while also reserving shows so that there are no conflicts. Very impressive procedure, one of the guides let me use a tablet to verify how sophisticated the whole set up is.

From what I can see, three couples traveling together can replicate TD by coordinating their dining ressies and wind up with the same result as TD. Only you can do it at either the same place every night or do a Disney-like rotation. Or different times to avoid show conflicts.

And nobody will force you to eat lobster or steak while riding a bumper car.:)

Now back to tax season.:eek:

Thank you for such a great explanation. (And I am so glad Café Promenade and Northstar are no additional charge.:))

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

So on an eleven night cruise, aside from specialty restaurants, I have a choice of going to five complimentary, full-service main restaurants whose menus do not change, as opposed to going to the same restaurant each night and choosing from a new menu for each of the eleven nights. ???

We'll see how it works. Can't have a valid opinion based on things that, as the dining information put out by RCCL states, are not yet set in stone.

In any case We will have a great cruise even if we suffer from a mild hot dog overdose.LOL.

OMO

bosco

Ill never sail Quantum. Just for the fact if I want to go to an Amusement Park. Ill drive to the best one in the World. Cedar Point!! Only 3 hours away. As far as the food goes. Feed me and Im happy. I dont care if Im with the same people or not. Besides I dont want to be stuck with someone who does nothing but talk about their Diamond status all night. Just a little note....No one cares if your Diamond or what ever level your at. Anyway. I dont have to worry if Ill like Quantum. Ill never set foot on her.

ryano, we are both NOOTS and we do enjoy Princess......

Good ole Rick...one of the few reamining NOOTS. I love it. :D

I just tried Princess for myself and loved it. Nothing wrong with them at all...only minor things went wrong that can happen on any ship.

As far as being a snob, I don't know if I am or not, but I really don't care what people think about that. Their insecurity is a bigger problem than my potential snobbery. ;)

Within 5 years there will be no free or as RCCL puts it complimentary food options they will all be charge to eat here! YES this includes the MDR and windjammer s.

Don't look like ill be cruising much after this takes effect.

RCCL Diamond +

Within 5 years there will be no free or as RCCL puts it complimentary food options they will all be charge to eat here! YES this includes the MDR and windjammer s.

Don't look like ill be cruising much after this takes effect.

RCCL Diamond +

Opinion or fact?????

Good ole Rick...one of the few reamining NOOTS. I love it. :D

I just tried Princess for myself and loved it. Nothing wrong with them at all...only minor things went wrong that can happen on any ship.

As far as being a snob, I don't know if I am or not, but I really don't care what people think about that. Their insecurity is a bigger problem than my potential snobbery. ;)

Paul..........what's this "Good ole Rick"..........just because I turned 70 on Saturday!:D:D

I'm back in the land of posting more, at least temporarily, as we leave Saturday, and sail on Sunday on the Adventure of the Seas for Southampton, and then on to Amsterday for a 15 day river cruise to Budapest.

As far as snobbery goes, it's all in the eye of the beholder, because most think that we are good people, but there are some that think that we are snobs, and to them, I just wish that they would get a "life"! I don't think that I am, but if others think I am, today, I really don't care.

And, I'm still a NOOT!:)

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Offering 10 to 1

How much you want to put down?

Ill take up to 100K

Sorry, but I'd first need to see a financial statement so I'd know whether you could really pay that $1,000,000 loss in 5 years...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk