Formal nights Royal

MamaTene

Which days of the 10 day sailing aboard Royal Princess are the formal nights? I understand there are 2 of them

Since the Royal has not begun 10-day Caribbean cruises, I'll answer based on this year's 10-day cruises onboard the Emerald. The Royal is doing the same itinerary we were on, but in reverse order...so my educated guess is that formal nights will likely be on the second sea day, February 9th and February 15th, Grand Turk.

Lew

I am on the reverse itinerary. The one that goes to Princess Cays first. My guess is on the 1st sea day and the 2nd sea day.

The first sea day is after Princess Cays and before St. Thomas. At the end of the cruise there are two sea days together. I am guessing the first of the two because they would not schedule a formal night on the last night of the cruise.

Now if you do the itinerary that does Princess Cays last and not first, then it would be as the other poster guessed most likely.

I just booked a 20 day on the Royal and my itinerary shows 3 formal nights (different than the 4 on the one on the Emerald which we just did). But obviously that can change over the next year.

If it is 2 10 day cruises put together then I would think that there will be 4.

If its a single 20 day iteniary then 3 sounds right.

If it is 2 10 day cruises put together then I would think that there will be 4.

If its a single 20 day iteniary then 3 sounds right.

The cruise the OP is referring to is a 10-day cruise. The Royal will be doing alternating 10-day cruises next winter.

Lew

I'm just curious. I've seen this question asked many, many times on threads, and I do understand needing to know how MANY formal nights there are. But why do I need to know which days they are? What am I missing?

I'm just curious. I've seen this question asked many, many times on threads, and I do understand needing to know how MANY formal nights there are. But why do I need to know which days they are? What am I missing?

To me anyway.... It's more of what you will be missing in the MDR if you don't know what day is Formal Night and book a specialty restaurant....

On Formal night some of the best food is served and I may not want to miss it, Such as Filet Mignon, Lobster Tails, Escargot, Giant Prawns, Beef Wellington to name a few.... Yes you can get those in the specialty restaurant's but why spend the money when it's included and then I can go to a specialty restaurant on a night that I don't care about or miss anything.... Why you may ask? Because i can't afford to go twice in 1 week at home and now I can.....

For others it may be simply because they don't like or want to go to go to Formal night and would rather dress down a bit.....

Depends on what you do or don't want to miss.....