Allure of the Seas- no dairy toddler

kayguz

We are sailing the Allure in a couple of weeks and I just realized I may have a problem. We have had to take my almost 3 year old off of dairy and he currently drinks a vanilla soy milk. This did not cross my mind until last night- definitely outside the 30-60 window needed to give RCCL special dietary restrictions. Does anyone recall if they have soy milk readily available on the ship? He can also drink rice or almond milk, but soy seems to be more "common" out and about these days. I've thought about bringing some of the juice box sized cartons, but they really start to add up the weight in the luggage for the airline!

Thanks for any suggestions or experiences with this issue.

Thanks for that idea! I forgot how close the airport is to the port in FLL-- I just googled and found a Publix at the Harbor Shops close to the security gates of the port. That will probably be my best bet-- I can get that and all the squeeze fruit/veggies he wants and not worry about my luggage weight : )

Thanks for that idea! I forgot how close the airport is to the port in FLL-- I just googled and found a Publix at the Harbor Shops close to the security gates of the port. That will probably be my best bet-- I can get that and all the squeeze fruit/veggies he wants and not worry about my luggage weight : )

I would still go ahead and call RCI anyway, and register the special need. Since it is a "stand alone" product (he doesn't have problem with dairy in foods?) its just a question of adding it to the storing for the week.

You will probably find half the crew in that Publix as well. If Security gives you a problem about the juices and soy milk, ask to see a supervisor, though it shouldn't be a problem. Who wants soy milk in a white Russian?:D

chengkp75 brought up a good point, does he have issues with dairy in food? My 3 year old son cannot have any dairy whatsoever, not to drink, not in food, no cheese, anything that even hints at being dairy we have to avoid. Definitely get in touch with Royal and let them know even though you're past the 30-60 day window.

We've been considering taking our little ones on a cruise but I'm curious as to how they would handle the dairy allergy because in everything I've seen about dietary needs with RCI, I've never seen anything that specifically stated they could accomodate my son with dairy free food. Wouldn't hurt to ask though.

chengkp75 brought up a good point, does he have issues with dairy in food? My 3 year old son cannot have any dairy whatsoever, not to drink, not in food, no cheese, anything that even hints at being dairy we have to avoid. Definitely get in touch with Royal and let them know even though you're past the 30-60 day window.

We've been considering taking our little ones on a cruise but I'm curious as to how they would handle the dairy allergy because in everything I've seen about dietary needs with RCI, I've never seen anything that specifically stated they could accomodate my son with dairy free food. Wouldn't hurt to ask though.

My DW has a dairy allergy and yes RCI can accommodate a dairy allergy.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I have never had a problem setting soy link for my son on RCCL. Occasionally they have to search for it in the Windjammer if you get someone who does not know but they do have it. Call RCCL and let them know but also, if you eat in the dining room let your captain know and he/she will help you out with daily food selections. You'd pick today for tomorrow and so on...