Last Minute Price Drop -- What to do?

sailandcruise

I am booked on Constellation sailing on April 5. I just checked the current price and there is a significant last minute price drop -- obviously, to fill the remaining unsold cabins. My cabin category (inside) is now about 25% cheaper than the fare I paid; one category higher (ocean view) is now slightly less expensive than I paid for the inside. I know that I am not entitled to the lower fare and that Celebrity is under no obligation to provide me with any compensation. I willingly paid the fare that was being offered at the time I booked. However, I am wondering if I should call Celebrity and ask if they will provide OBC or an upgrade?

You might be able to upgrade if the fare is more than you paid for your inside, it is not for new bookings only, and you pay the difference in price. They will not give an on board credit. Give them a call and see what they say.

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

I am booked on Constellation sailing on April 5. I just checked the current price and there is a significant last minute price drop -- obviously, to fill the remaining unsold cabins. My cabin category (inside) is now about 25% cheaper than the fare I paid; one category higher (ocean view) is now slightly less expensive than I paid for the inside. I know that I am not entitled to the lower fare and that Celebrity is under no obligation to provide me with any compensation. I willingly paid the fare that was being offered at the time I booked. However, I am wondering if I should call Celebrity and ask if they will provide OBC or an upgrade?

Celebrity does not offer any OBC if the price drops after final payment. Two options; ask for a better location within your category or pay more to upgrade to a balcony. See how much the balcony will cost, it could be only a few dollars more and well worth it.

Thanks to all who responded for your advice.

I called them and upgraded from an inside for which I paid $249 pp and is now available for $179 pp to a balcony at $299 pp. (not sure what the balcony cost previously, but I'm sure it was significantly more). :D

I called them and upgraded from an inside for which I paid $249 pp and is now available for $179 pp to a balcony at $299 pp. (not sure what the balcony cost previously, but I'm sure it was significantly more). :D

Hi Sailandcruise,

You did well. Congrats, and enjoy your cruise !

If the price is a new regular price and not a Senior Discount or Resident Discount, you get to keep your 1-2-3 Go perk if you have it now, right? Will try to upgrade tomorrow morning with a $50 price increase.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am on the cruise before yours. When I first booked, I paid $699 for the lowest balcony stateroom - a 2C. It is now $499.00. Not sure why your cruise got such a low price drop. You did good! :)

If the price is a new regular price and not a Senior Discount or Resident Discount, you get to keep your 1-2-3 Go perk if you have it now, right? Will try to upgrade tomorrow morning with a $50 price increase.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I didn't have any 1-2-3 Go perk so I don't know what happens to it.

The prices I mention -- both the before and after -- include a senior discount.

I also keep my shareholder credit. When the agent tried to get me the new fare, it wouldn't come up on her computer so she had to contact the "resolutions team" to do an override. She said that this was because of the shareholder credit.

I didn't have any 1-2-3 Go perk so I don't know what happens to it.

The prices I mention -- both the before and after -- include a senior discount.

I also keep my shareholder credit. When the agent tried to get me the new fare, it wouldn't come up on her computer so she had to contact the "resolutions team" to do an override. She said that this was because of the shareholder credit.

This is excellent!! Enjoy your cruise and balcony!!!

Enjoy your cruise :)

Just upgraded from oceanview on deck 2 to sweet sixteen balcony for $20 pp through agent. Thanks for the heads up OP and all of you who replied. You guys are awesome! That's why I love cruisecritic. I'm so happy happy