shaded lounge chairs on the Royal?

58Piano

Where is the best place to find a lounge chair in the shade on the Royal?
There's some shade in some spots depending on the direction of the ship. You'll have to move around during the day. There's no covered area on the ship with loungers. The Retreat pool has lightweight coverings and pergolas but they don't provide real shade.

ejaje9y7.jpg

Outside the Horizon Bistro, there are a few chairs and small couches in the shade, not loungers, but they're a nice place to sit and relax in the shade.

qudeteju.jpg

As a very sun sensitive person I would love to see what was on a Carnival ship. An entire section in the aft part of the ship with a canvas covering. It also had several coaches and cushioned chairs for anyone. Out in the sunny portion of the same area was a pool and "hot" tube. Spent many hours on sea days there, reading and lounging while my wife went to the pool. This area held upwards to 30 people at a time. Best part of any ship I have found.

Where is the best place to find a lounge chair in the shade on the Royal?

Deck 16 far left/right under deck 17 - Lounger by the window to watch the sea go by.

Alternative spaces on promenade deck 7 - watch the Sea and people go by (you can ask an attendant for a lounger or two to be brought out)

But personally, I go for the Santuary and have the host reserve our beds for the duration of the cruise/s. But you must do this immediately on embarkation, and be early, as it is first come first served. Remember b2b cruisers have already booked.;)

Deck 16 far left/right under deck 17 - Lounger by the window to watch the sea go by.

Alternative spaces on promenade deck 7 - watch the Sea and people go by (you can ask an attendant for a lounger or two to be brought out)

But personally, I go for the Santuary and have the host reserve our beds for the duration of the cruise/s. But you must do this immediately on embarkation, and be early, as it is first come first served. Remember b2b cruisers have already booked.;)

We spent quite a bit of time up there on our sea days. They had coffee out in the morning and ice water later on during the day. Very enjoyable.:):)

The Sanctuary is also relatively expensive at $20/pp/half-day, $40/pp/day. Plus, unless you get a lounger furthest forward under the overhang, it's only lightly shaded and there's some sun as the ship moves or the day passes.

Consider the terraces on Promenade Deck 7, aft, on the sides of the Vista Lounge, Port or Starboard depending on sun angle. These are not by the pool but quite enjoyable if you can find an empty seat. The only problem is the soot from the stacks - Princess is aware of this but so far to no avail.

1995730120_Cruise1(590)(Small).jpg.432d685c18d4267938dcc8046f5931a8.jpg