LIMEageddon

charlie52

Being in Northern VA i've only heard/read about the shortage.

I have a lime sitting in my fridge, we had fish tacos the other night :D

maybe i'll pay attention at the grocery store this week and check out the lime situation

no bigs, hopefully they are back in business for my june sailing to med :)

No limes on the 3/22 Connie sailing. When I arrived home and went to the supermarket, limes were $1 each. Now I understand. Let's not over-react. The missing limes had no ill effects on our cruise. Plenty of other citrus to ward off scurvy. Try a half grapefruit at breakfast.

No limes on the 3/22 Connie sailing. When I arrived home and went to the supermarket, limes were $1 each. Now I understand. Let's not over-react. The missing limes had no ill effects on our cruise. Plenty of other citrus to ward off scurvy. Try a half grapefruit at breakfast.

You're right! Oh, why didn't I think of that...grapefruit in my margarita, YUMMY!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were also on the 3/22 Constellation sailing and there were no limes until Cozumel (3/25). The bar manager we spoke to said their supplier could only supply key limes so they rejected the delivery. I read the "Green Gold" news story and it would seem that price and poor provision planning by Celebrity were also reasons for a lack of limes. A bar running out of limes is like a hamburger joint running out of ketchup, and the Constellation has quite a few bars.

We stayed over in Fort Lauderdale until today and found regular (Persian) limes readily available at a farmers market we visited.

Many of the drinks could be, and were, made with lemon; but, the "lemon mojito" was horrible. And don't expect a remotely similar taste to lime if you push that lemon wedge down into your Corona bottle.:eek:

I was at a local restaurant last night and we started talking about the lime shortage! They still have them but he was complaining about the price and our local grocery store (Publix in Georgia, USA).

Hope the ships get them soon!

I purchased limes at Publix yesterday. 3/$1.99. Normally they are 3-4$1.00.

Edited by cruisingator2

Remember, it's not just cost for celebrity as a factor, it's truly a shortage situation, meaning even if they want to pay, there may just be none available, or the quality may be poor, or they may be rationed by their supplier.

Remember, it's not just cost for celebrity as a factor, it's truly a shortage situation, meaning even if they want to pay, there may just be none available, or the quality may be poor, or they may be rationed by their supplier.

The ones that I purchased yesterday were very small and had little juice. A person posted on the RCI board that he was a supplier and it would be May before things started to return to normal.

This leaves a sour taste in my mouth:D.

They are 99 cents each here in Vancouver but I managed to find a sale where they were 5/$2. Should I have bought a sack to sell on our cruise next month?

We feel bad -- we probably threw away 100 or more limes -- our tree is a lime making machine.

We squeezed and froze a bunch of juice. We use to take our own lime juice aboard for Cosmos in the cabin :)

My key lime tree is starting to fruit. Next time Connie pulls in to Key West, I'm gonna set up a lime stand on the pier. ;)

The ones that I purchased yesterday were very small and had little juice. A person posted on the RCI board that he was a supplier and it would be May before things started to return to normal.

We are going on Equinox on June 1. :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

We feel bad -- we probably threw away 100 or more limes -- our tree is a lime making machine.

We squeezed and froze a bunch of juice. We use to take our own lime juice aboard for Cosmos in the cabin :)

Wow, you are lucky. I freeze it too as I mostly use it for Thai recipes.

It looks like at least 90% of the cocktails at the molecular bar require lime. Has anyone found out what they are using as a substitute?

Water and green dye.

Seriously, sail on the 14th TA.....I think I will bring my own limes -- stop off at Costco on the way to the airport.

So what is the consensus?

Can we buy some at a supermarket in Ft Lauderdale,

and bring them aboard our upcoming cruise on Silhouette?

I'd hate to end up in the "naughty room" alongside all those booze smugglers,

(with my 7 smuggled limes).

:p LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It seems the prudent thing to do would be to turn the "wasted" lawn space into a Lime grove.

You're welcome.

Why stop at just Limes? ;)

Probably enough room to grow a variety of fruits, veggies, and herbs. :D

Why stop at just Limes? ;)

Probably enough room to grow a variety of fruits, veggies, and herbs. :D

But keep a little grass for the escargot farm

:

If there are no limes you should ask for a refund. And 50% off a future sailing. And an onboard credit. And a personal apology on lime green stationery.

I would like to congratulate Celebrity and its customer relations department for proactively trying to appease it's lime deprived passengers.

I am GREEN with envy!:eek: soory this reasponse would be more appropriate tommorrow on 4-1-14.

Edited by SFL