AT&T Phone Packages on RCCL

Yes, just did and it was great! Any specific questions?

The $60 plan, will have 50 minutes for calls and 100 messaging, is this for all the lines in my plan. I have 5 phones in my plan and all of us will be on the cruise. Thanks for any info.

I didn't do the messaging plan. However, the voice plan was just for 1 line- so I assume the plan you are looking for would work the same way. Just in case you didn't know, messages you receive are free. Just costs to send. So, we did the least expensive plan and paid the small fee for the 5 or 10 messages we sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't do the messaging plan. However, the voice plan was just for 1 line- so I assume the plan you are looking for would work the same way. Just in case you didn't know, messages you receive are free. Just costs to send. So, we did the least expensive plan and paid the small fee for the 5 or 10 messages we sent.

Thank you.

Does aa&t offer any unlimited texting plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

not onboard the ship or in the caribbean...

Note, the package is unique in that if you sign up for it and you activate it onboard you will have the same rates while in port. For instance, you get 50 minutes for $30, this is 60 cents a minute. There are no plans that I'm aware of that will give you that rate either on a ship or while roaming in the caribbean. Also, be aware that Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are considered to be part of your domestic plan, hence they do not use any of these minutes...

Steve

not onboard the ship or in the caribbean...

Note, the package is unique in that if you sign up for it and you activate it onboard you will have the same rates while in port. For instance, you get 50 minutes for $30, this is 60 cents a minute. There are no plans that I'm aware of that will give you that rate either on a ship or while roaming in the caribbean. Also, be aware that Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are considered to be part of your domestic plan, hence they do not use any of these minutes...

Steve

Good point- actually, we made all our calls in Nassau and CocoKey and never talked while actually on the ship.

The $60 plan, will have 50 minutes for calls and 100 messaging, is this for all the lines in my plan. I have 5 phones in my plan and all of us will be on the cruise. Thanks for any info.

When I purchased the plan in February, the $60 was per devise. I also have several devises under our plan, and you need to provide the phone number utilizing the package. As texting rates when you have an unlimited family text plan are free incoming, and $.50 outgoing, we found it more economical to just pay the cost of a few text messages per day, rather than purchasing the package for other devises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just wondering if anybody else did this recently?

We are thinking about getting a plan for our allure cruise, but want to see if it's worth it and it's available even out to sea days?!

Thanks for the help!

We did the basic $30 plan just a few weeks ago on Independence and it worked fine on sea days. We thought it was worth it as we wanted to check in on a few things periodically at home but didn't need anything more extensive, such as more calling time or the text minutes. Worked well for us.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

These packages only work when your phone says cellular at sea right?

No, in addition to when the phone says "Cellular at Sea", the AT&T cruise package also includes coverage on non-US Caribbean islands.

Edited by clarea

We did the basic $30 plan just a few weeks ago on Independence and it worked fine on sea days. We thought it was worth it as we wanted to check in on a few things periodically at home but didn't need anything more extensive, such as more calling time or the text minutes. Worked well for us.

Thanks for the help!!!

We are thinking about getting the basic one too. Don't need too much!

I just called about this and was told that each device has to pay the plan fee in order to be used for these rates. We have 4 lines and it is just not cost effective to try and communicate with each other this way. You would have to keep each phone turned on and if any calls come in whether you answer or not it uses your minutes. Without the plan it's 2.50 per minute. I can't justify that because surely myself or my kids would get calls even though we told people not to call cruise week.

We will just use the tried and true, sticky note in cabins plan:)

For those that used the plan with an iphone with iMessages activated did you have to get the data plan to make your iMessages work ?

Yes, iMessage requires internet access, which would require either a data plan or a WiFi connection.

It is only for a single line. It is not shared at all.

We did the $30 plan on one device on an Allure cruise, and it worked perfectly for us to be able to receive phone calls at a cheaper $1 per minute instead of the $2.50 per minute that they normally charge.

We also had the unlimited WiFi, so we used Skype to call much more since that was either free, or 1 cent a minute to call using that.

I would recommend at least one device getting the $30 plan as you can prevent sending text messages, and incoming text messages are free. Costing only $1 per minute for voice calls is actually quite reasonable.

Hello - I'm on Indepence for 8 days starting the 12th:D. I just want to make sure I'm clear on the plan. It looks like the package is good on the ship in addition to the 3 ports we'll be stopping at (St. Martin, St. Kitts and Haiti) and that no international rate plans are needed for Puerto Rico. Do I have it down? I did see on AT&T's site that you can call 1.916.843.4685 at no charge while at sea to add a package. Thanls in advance

In case anyone is wondering, with all of the wifi enhancements being added to the ships, the Cellular at Sea data is still as horrible as ever. This would be the mobile data through your phone company, not the wifi plans you buy through the ship. I have an AT&T international data plan on my phone through work, so I don't get charged extra for mobile data on ships. But on Navigator last week I found that the mobile data is just as slow as ever. The phone said I had Edge speeds, but I don't even believe that. I hardly ever could connect during the day/evening, and it was only able to download my email during the very early morning. It looks like the discussion on this thread is only referring to talk and text plans, but if there is any kind of plan for data as well, don't expect it to work very well while at sea.

Port days were great though, as I could get 4G or LTE everywhere in Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.