Express walk off for 11:20am flight?

kywildcatfanone

Hi folks,

Going on the Royal Sunday, returning next Sunday. Our flight home is at 11:20. I usually book a 9-10am flight and do express walk off, but couldn't get a flight during that time frame.

Should I still do express walk off and be in the last group off for express walk off, or do the general disembarkation? I've always done express walk off and am not really thrilled about setting a bag out the night before and having to find it later.

So, I could do express walk off and have a couple of hours sitting at the airport, but likely get through before it gets super busy, or I'm afraid I will spend a lot of time in line for security and such.

Any advice?

In Feb we did a walk off on the Royal, was off the ship at 7:30a was at our gate at 8:10 for a 10:10a flight. Have borading pass printed on ship the day before, check in your check in luggage outside before you enter airport.

In Feb we did a walk off on the Royal, was off the ship at 7:30a was at our gate at 8:10 for a 10:10a flight. Have borading pass printed on ship the day before, check in your check in luggage outside before you enter airport.

This is our normal procedure, why we get flights between 9-10am, but I couldn't this time. Will probably still do express walk off, just maybe be in a later group. I would think we would still beat the worst of the crowds thru security.

This is our normal procedure, why we get flights between 9-10am, but I couldn't this time. Will probably still do express walk off, just maybe be in a later group. I would think we would still beat the worst of the crowds thru security.

We do the same. ;)

If you can handle all of your own luggage and are comfortable doing so, why change? If you stick with the plan you will be early thru customs and in a taxi with out much in the way of a wait. As DW is in a wheelchair we can't do that so we request an early disembarkation time and are often at the gate at FLL twiddling our thumbs before 0900 waiting for a 1120 flight.

Your flight is so late, I wouldn't bother with the walk off. You will have plenty of time to do the normal disembarking routine. Have a slower breakfast, avoid those people rushing to catch an early flight and have a leisurely last morning.

We use a flight at that time often enough to know there is no hurry and we don't want to be in lines with stresed and worried folks.

Your flight is so late, I wouldn't bother with the walk off. You will have plenty of time to do the normal disembarking routine. Have a slower breakfast, avoid those people rushing to catch an early flight and have a leisurely last morning.

We use a flight at that time often enough to know there is no hurry and we don't want to be in lines with stresed and worried folks.

Getting ready to head to the airport and I still haven't decided. I would prefer to make it a leisurely morning, but don't want to spend 2 hours in line at security at the airport. Would prefer to spend that 2 hours in a chair waiting for my flight.

Can you do your own bags, but not have to walk off with the express walk off folks, so maybe get off a bit later, but still deal with all your own bags? Never tried that.

Can you do your own bags, but not have to walk off with the express walk off folks, so maybe get off a bit later, but still deal with all your own bags? Never tried that.

It is not recommended because people carrying their normal size luggage often slow down those walking behind them.

But nobody will stop you from doing this.

If you do EZ check then you don't have to be bogged down with luggage and they check it for you so no issue with the 2 or 4 hour rule?

What is EZ check?

We have an 11:40 flight out on a Sunday. Should we just do normal disembarking or do express? Express is just that you get off earlier and you keep all of your luggage and take it out yourself?

Is it easy to find a cab at the port?

Thanks

What is EZ check?

We have an 11:40 flight out on a Sunday. Should we just do normal disembarking or do express? Express is just that you get off earlier and you keep all of your luggage and take it out yourself?

Is it easy to find a cab at the port?

Thanks

If they have it at your disembarkation port and for your airline you leave your luggage out at night like normal then they take it to the airport and you don't see it until you land in your home city.

There is a fee.

If they have it at your disembarkation port and for your airline you leave your luggage out at night like normal then they take it to the airport and you don't see it until you land in your home city.

There is a fee.

The fee is $20pp and they will check you in and give you your boarding passes. Once at the airport, you go directly to security.

We use it all the time and well worth the charge;)

Used it long before the bags fees, how do they handle that?

Your onboard account will be charged the applicable airline baggage fees. If you are exempt from fees (examples: flying first class, airline FF status), make that clear when you request EZCheck.

Do you arrange through customer service desk?

There will be a form delivered to your cabin. After filling it out, return it to the customer service desk.

If you do EZ check then you don't have to be bogged down with luggage and they check it for you so no issue with the 2 or 4 hour rule?

Would not work for the OP.

Flight is at 11:20. Earliest flight time EZCheck can be used at FLL is 11:30.

The 11:30 time cut off for ez check is just a guideline, not a guarantee. My flight was 11:34 and the airline would not allow me to use ez check.

Had an 11:30 flight earlier this month and was able to use EZ Check. Not sure if the time was the reason for your denial.