Grand Voyages

cstrick

We are looking at a 33 day Grand Voyage. Is this just a different name for back to backs. Are there any special benefits to booking the Grand Voyage vs the B2B.

Only that on some there can be saving in doing so.

Edited by orchestrapal

We are looking at a 33 day Grand Voyage. Is this just a different name for back to backs. Are there any special benefits to booking the Grand Voyage vs the B2B.

We booked two weeks ago a B2B in lieu of the 33 day Grand Voyage from Papeete to NYC. It was a better deal when you included the cabin credits and free gratuities.

We are booked on the Grand Voyage from Sydney to Papeete in 2015. The drawback is that if you are a Bronze (or higher) member you only get the OBC once and not twice as your would if booked a B2B. Also, although we are on the ship for 31 days we still only get one reservation per specialty restaurant.

We are booked on the Grand Voyage from Sydney to Papeete in 2015. The drawback is that if you are a Bronze (or higher) member you only get the OBC once and not twice as your would if booked a B2B. Also, although we are on the ship for 31 days we still only get one reservation per specialty restaurant.

I would double-check this one. We got 2 reservations at each restaurant when we did this cruise in 2013, except we went from Papeete to Sydney, but it was a Grand voyage rather than a B2B. I know for 2015 we have booked a B2B as they are not offering a Grand Voyage for the two cruises we are taking then.

I would double-check this one. We got 2 reservations at each restaurant when we did this cruise in 2013, except we went from Papeete to Sydney, but it was a Grand voyage rather than a B2B. I know for 2015 we have booked a B2B as they are not offering a Grand Voyage for the two cruises we are taking then.

I checked. For our cabin category we only get one reservation per.

In the beginning you will get a better price and things like gratuities. On the negative, being on a cruise comprised 2 segments like the 33 day Tahiti-NY you will not be considered at all for any up-grade or up-sell because of the difficulty in 2 segment booking

Speaking of price.... you saved about $5990 booking as a grand tour ( air and Gratuites) I am on the same cruise

Terrier

Check again. We were just on a 30 day cruise and we got 2 reservations at each restaurant. Whoever you were talking to I don't think knew what they were talking about.

Me too..........I got 2 reservation per restaurant as well. Got every time I requested a still had some left over....:cool:

I am in a B4 on a 32 day Grand Voyage and these are guidelines/rules:

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

The key to this, may be "if" the 32 day was a single cruise not comprised of sub-segments. In the Grand Cruise I referred to, it was sold 3 different ways

either by 17 and 16 day segments ( each of these got the 1 reservation per)

and the 33 day composite. The composite is thus the key .

Then they must have just changed the rules because I was on a 30 day cruise this January and I could have 1 reservation for each restaurant for the first 15 days and then 1 restaurant reservation for each restaurant for the second 15 days. I guess what this means is that you should be able to get more reservations once you are on board easily, hopefully.