My Experience of Choosing Travel Insurance – Not All Websites are Created Equally

wangy26

Our family is going to 2 week long Mediterranean cruise this summer. We have cruised before, but not that long or far away. With so much money at risk I decided to look into buying travel insurance. The most commonly recommended websites for travel insurance are; insuremytrip dot com, tripinsurancestore dot com. Both websites will give you a list of plans with price and coverage limits if you put in some basic information. This is where the similarity stops. For people who are not experts of travel insurance (most of us are not) it is very confusing and difficult to choose which plan to pick (unless you solely base on price). People would say you should read fine prints of the policy. Who has the time and expertise to understand the fine prints in dozens of pages for each policy if you have half dozen plans to compare?

This is where tripinsurancestore really shines. On their website they give you more than just the price and coverage limits. They list the strength (why buy it) and weakness (quibbles) of each plan. This greatly helped me in my decision making process. I understand that no plan is perfect and each of us has different insurance needs. The second strength (maybe the most important one) is that you can always call and ask to speak to Steve (the owner). He will patiently answer all your questions and gives you objective recommendation based on your specific situation. I am very impressed by his knowledge of various plans and subtle differences among them. Obviously I hope I don’t have to use the insurance and my trip goes smoothly. However, if unexpected happens Steve told me that they will guide me through the claim filing process. This is another reason to use their service.

I don’t usually write reviews unless I got exceptionally good or bad service. In this case I feel I got exceptionally good service from tripinsurancestore and would highly recommend them.

One more that appreciates the educational extras the trip insurance store provides on their site. I have never heard of anyone having a disappointing experience when using them, their customer service is outstanding, and they take the time to make sure you get the right insurance for your needs as well as help you to understand what is and is not, covered.

Guest maddycat

I'm also a long time user of the trip insurance store. Not only Steve, the owner, but all of the agents are very knowledgeable and helpful.

I'm also a long time user of the trip insurance store. Not only Steve, the owner, but all of the agents are very knowledgeable and helpful.

I too found them very helpful and I was able to talk to someone without going thru' the usual number selecting, recorded messages and elevator music. Unfortunately they do not sell a medical only policy. You can purchase a policy with a $0 trip cost to get medical but in that case pre existing conditions are never waived. They do not offer the medical only policy that we have purchased in the past even though it is from a top rated company and does not have a look back period.