Princess e tags

silver wedding

Having had our tags ripped off on our last two cruises we are looking to invest in some holders. Having looked on Amazon there is plenty of choice. Where do you get yours from and how much?

I have bought different kinds and the best are the Serendipity tags.

We purchased ours from Favors by Serendipity. You'll need to google it because, for some reason, Cruise Critic blocks this website.

In checking Amazon, they have some that appear to be more reasonably priced.

Lew

Edited by -Lew-

We purchased ours from Favors by Serendipity. You'll need to google it because, for some reason, Cruise Critic blocks this website.

I would think that the 'some reason' is because cruise critic

sells a competing product, and they are in business to make money.

We have used our clear plastic tag holders for three years now. We got it from the place mentioned previously (2nd post). Cruise critic also sells them and they appear to be the same type. I never put them on while flying. Once we claim our luggage (if we are going right to the port), I put them on.

They are sturdy.

We also have tag holders for international travel, where we insert our itinerary

in case luggage doesn't make it. Written on the tag is instructions saying itinerary is inside, and the tag is written in several languages.

Edited by san diego sue

Do a search for cruise luggage tag holders or Favors by serendipity. Theirs has a grommet and are sturdier vinyl. They will send you itinerary forms to use in your tags for flying. They also have other nice cruise products.

In checking Amazon, they have some that appear to be more reasonably priced.

Lew

Serendipity has two different loop lengths for attaching to a luggage handle, 6-1/2" and 9". For the additional $0.25 I would recommend the 9" loops as it is much easier to get the tag through the loop. I have not seen other firms offering the longer loop length. I put a tag in the front zipper pocket of the bags we will check and attach them before we check our bags at the pier. We have used them for 7 cruises and they should last for many more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we first purchased the tags, only had the shorter loop length.

Well, I ripped it trying to loop it through. Emailed Serendipity and asked about purchasing a longer length to replace it. The owner emailed back, and said she was sending me 4 of them. No charge, really nice of them to do that.

Having had our tags ripped off on our last two cruises we are looking to invest in some holders. Having looked on Amazon there is plenty of choice. Where do you get yours from and how much?

I bought some from Amazon UK in Feb. 8 large tags for £11.48. Company called Raqpak. Picture of Princess e-tag on Amazon website. Just put our labels in them for our cruise in 2 weeks. Seem quite sturdy.

You can get luggage tag holders or you can "laminate" the tags using clear plastic packing tape. I use the holders and since I only have the 6" loops, I can never get them over the handles without a struggle so I use zip ties.

I assembly the tags as instructed, then cover them with a coat of clear packing tape. I staple them together around the handle of the bag, and put more packing tape over the staples to keep them from catching on anything.

We have never had one lost of even damaged. Takes a couple of minutes, but I can do it at home without any extra machinery.

I assembly the tags as instructed, then cover them with a coat of clear packing tape. I staple them together around the handle of the bag, and put more packing tape over the staples to keep them from catching on anything.

We have never had one lost of even damaged. Takes a couple of minutes, but I can do it at home without any extra machinery.

I do the same except I punch a hole on top and attach them to the handles with a zip tie...easy peasy! Never lost a tag either.

If you have the shorter loops you can order the longer ones from Serendipity which is what we did. Don't believe the option to order them separately is shown on the website be we sent an e-mail and were quoted a price which I think was $0.25 each. Prior to purchasing them we had used clear packing tape and also tried laminating, both with plastic tie wraps. Using the Serendipity tags with the 9" loops is so much easier that I will never go back to any "Rube Goldberg" contraption and they are reusable which I can't say for any alternative I tried before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I already had a small laminating machine at home. I purchased 100 luggage tags with loops for around $8. I've not only laminated our luggage tags for several years, but for friends/family as well. I've gotten to know exactly how to cut them (I also have a paper cutter) so it takes me about 2 minutes to do each tag.

Cost is .08 cents each. I still have around 50 left, so plenty of cruises to go :)

Having had our tags ripped off on our last two cruises we are looking to invest in some holders.

Surprised to hear that the Princess tags were missing between when you gave the luggage to shoreside porters and they made it to the ship.

My experience with the paper tags after folding is that they are harder to remove than the old kind Princess used to mail to you. I always have to use a scissors to cut them off.

We bought ours onboard the Emerald Princess. (Although we have never had a problem with shipping tape and folding, we went with the holders for simple convenience.) I think they were like 2.99 or 3.99. Very cheap.