Pics of the expensive high up there rooms

lissa42886

On our last B2B we used the "between-cruise" time to scope out the Owner's Suites on the Liberty. Yup they are nice! Leather furniture, 52" flat screen TV, floor-to-ceiling windows, great balcony, separate sleeping area, etc.

We took pictures of it all to use as a motivator for us to get one for ourselves sometime.

It's actually called the Captain's suite. We have stayed in it. Significantly better than the owners suite on Oasis.

So theres no grande glorious suite on carnival?? Just normal humble rooms...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Acutally incorrect. I will compare the captains suite to Royal suites (and I have stayed in the Captain's suite and seen owner suites on Oasis. No comparison. Added features is another story.

Thanks for sharing. Honestly, I am not too impressed. Love the balcony and the big windows, but otherwise it just looks like being at home! :rolleyes: And still the same old "CCL orange." If I'm on a ship I want to KNOW I'm on a ship! :cool: I absolutely would not pay that kind of $ either...not that I would ever have the opportunity to unless I won the lottery! :p It's nice to see how the other half lives, tho! :)

Karen: I agree with you. See you on the Splendor in May. We have an OV cabin. Just fine with us. Carol

Acutally incorrect. I will compare the captains suite to Royal suites (and I have stayed in the Captain's suite and seen owner suites on Oasis. No comparison. Added features is another story.

Do the Captain's Suites have a baby grand piano in them like the Royal suites (I'm assuming you mean the ones on RC ships)?

Do the Captain's Suites have a baby grand piano in them like the Royal suites (I'm assuming you mean the ones on RC ships)?

I did mean Royal and no, they don't have a grand piano. What I was basing my remarks on was two rooms, superior appointments, two bathrooms (better quality and more functions), two huge flat screen TV's and terrific window views over the front of the ship.

I think NCL has some of the largest suites on regular cruise ships. Several of their ships have Garden Villas that are on the top deck and are crazy, over the top. 3 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, 2 of the bed rooms are master bedrooms, Baby Grand, dining table, living room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the pool, bar, private hot tub and sauna, private outdoor dining and sunning area and large observation deck upstairs.

I think NCL has some of the largest suites on regular cruise ships. Several of their ships have Garden Villas that are on the top deck and are crazy, over the top. 3 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, 2 of the bed rooms are master bedrooms, Baby Grand, dining table, living room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the pool, bar, private hot tub and sauna, private outdoor dining and sunning area and large observation deck upstairs.

I have seen the inside of the suite you describe and concur. The only other consideration is cost between the two.......

I stayed in one of the 2 captains suites on the liberty. Although it was awesome it was a treat only as a tad pricey. Trying to upload pics but not working, I'll try again later. Great for a party if you have a group of people going and nice little bar area. The front floor to ceiling windows were beautiful to look out on the occasions you were in room rather than balcony.

I stayed in one of the 2 captains suites on the liberty. Although it was awesome it was a treat only as a tad pricey. Trying to upload pics but not working, I'll try again later. Great for a party if you have a group of people going and nice little bar area. The front floor to ceiling windows were beautiful to look out on the occasions you were in room rather than balcony.

It is great for a party and we did have one in there when we stayed in 9200 on the Liberty. The room was a focal point of conversation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

...Great for a party if you have a group of people going and nice little bar area. The front floor to ceiling windows were beautiful to look out on the occasions you were in room rather than balcony.

Absolutely. The wife and I are sailing on the Conquest CS this month. We're traveling with 10 family members and friends, and will be having the sail away party in our room and on the ample deck. Can't wait!

Kevin C

plenty of seating...a huge leather l shaped oversized couch, a few extra chairs, plus if need be a bottom bunk folds out of wall if needed for a child to sit/sleep while entertaining....plus 2 loungers and 2 deck chairs outside.....so lots of room for all!

• 3 years later...

I love Carnival, and have sailed in the Grand and Ocean suites, never a Captain's suite. We were offered it once but it meant we wouldn't be with our other family members. I love it when you can get a nice deep balcony and connect it to your family in adjacent cabins. But I will say, I think NCL has 6 of the biggest suites going, with their Garden Villa's... they are insane... your own viewing deck on the top of the ship, outdoor dining and sunning areas, with your own hot tub and sauna, 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms, bar/dining/living room overlooking the pool. I needed help just figuring out how to use the fancy shower! But, I will confess, I've even had fun cruising in an interior cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums