Cabin question.

Any standard cabin is OK for 2 or even 3 people but 4 is really tight. The Enchainment cabins are not the smallest in the fleet (that honor goes to Majesty) but be prepared, because 4 WILL be tight.

Consider PACKING LIGHT. There is ample closet space and fair drawer space for 3, but 4 will be a squeeze (especially drawer space) . Hang whatever clothes you can. The room attendant will bring you extra hangers. Don’t forgot you will need some room to store the suitcases. If you have cases of different sizes, you can nest them and store under the bed.

Consider using the showers in the Spa if you all need to get ready at the same time.

Consider keeping the main bed separated to give you a bit of walking space in the cabin

Consider some sort of hanging pocket (shoe) bag to keep the small counter clear and simply to be able to keep track of everyone’s things. A second hanging shoe bag for shoes will help keep shoes for 4 people in one place.

The days go quickly and there are lots of activities so hopefully you will spend the majority of the time out of the cabin and enjoy the ship.

Be prepared for a small and tight cabin, and have fun.

M

I don't know if I did the right thing by booking a interior for 4 people on enchantment of the seas. We did kids sail free so we are paying 1300 for a 2000 dollar cruise which is nice. But I know the rooms are much smaller on royal caribbean than on carnival. So any input on it would be nice

We did Freedom in Sept an interior room with our 2 adult children!! And booked on the Liberty in Sept the same way (saved $2000) We all had large suitcases and a backpack so you can do it if you WANT to! When your talking a significant amount of money to most people I say it's doable thought a little crowded! My family goes on vacation to enjoy the beautiful weather and do everything we can so are in the room basically to shower and sleep! I say go for it and use the $700 for excursions or save toward your next cruise!! I didn't realize it was only 3 days you should be able to handle that just go and have fun!!

Edited by tidygirl

I love the Enchantment. We sailed on her 3 times out of Baltimore. I think she has one of the best pool decks. When they stretched her they did a good job of the pool deck.

It will be tight for the 4 of you. there will not be enough room for all of you to sit in the room and watch TV unless 2 of you sit on the bed. It only has a desk chair and another larger chair. Also, 4 sharing one bathroom can be hard.

But, there are things you can do to make the days go by better. If everyone needs to take a shower at the same time. . . see if DH and/or one of the kids would shower in the gym. The showers there are very nice.

Look at the bargain you got and be happy with your cruise. Do not let anyone ruin it for you. You can do a lot with that $500 you are saving. When they are older they will remember the cruise and what you did together. . . or apart, not the size of the room. If they do remember the room it might be for a good laugh. :p

We started cruising when my two kids were in elementary school through their high school graduation. We always stayed in an interior cabin with all 4 in one room. We never thought it was a problem. I have also sailed with four adult women in an interior cabin. Again, no problem. I would rather spend the extra cost on other things to do or my next vacation.

Don't let that one comment turn you against Enchantment. I really like that ship.

We are a family of 4, and until my children were adults, I never would have put them in a cabin by themselves. Even now that they are grown, the four of us share 1 cabin from time to time (doing it again on Brilliance in 2 weeks!) I have been 4 in an inside cabin on the Enchantment several times, and several times on several different ships. The only time all four were ever in the cabin at the same time was maybe 5 or 6 hours during the night. (Some didn't come into the cabin until wee hours in the am, and those that were in bed earlier, got up earlier for breakfast). I honestly never felt crowded and definitely would not turn down a cruise knowing there were going to be 4 in a cabin!