What is the silliest complaint you've heard on vacation?

josassoc

I was not actually witness to this but on our last cruise we had lunch with a couple who told us that on their last cruise they had dinner at a table for 4 with another couple. Now this other couple were very large peope each needing one of those scooters to get around. Now the other couple said they spent almost every night complaining loudly that they'd asked for a table for 4 as they ASSUMED the ship knowing there were only 2 of them would give them a table for 4 with no one else at it. I asked why the other couple did not move and they told me that they did but each evening the other couple would get new tablemates to complain to and their new table was right next door to the old one.

I was not actually witness to this but on our last cruise we had lunch with a couple who told us that on their last cruise they had dinner at a table for 4 with another couple. Now this other couple were very large peope each needing one of those scooters to get around. Now the other couple said they spent almost every night complaining loudly that they'd asked for a table for 4 as they ASSUMED the ship knowing there were only 2 of them would give them a table for 4 with no one else at it. I asked why the other couple did not move and they told me that they did but each evening the other couple would get new tablemates to complain to and their new table was right next door to the old one. The last night of the cruise the same couple complained about how all their tablmeates left them and they din't know why.

Of course there's the one about the gentleman(?) calling the purser's desk and angrily complaining that he hadn't paid all that money for an oceanview room just to have an industrial looking area to look out on.

...Of course the ship hadn't left port yet...

We were on a Princess 5 day cruise tour in China before a 15 day Regal Princess Bejing to Bangkok cruise in 2000.

Our bus stopped at a “rest stop” where everyone who needed to, could use the washrooms.

The washrooms had stalls with no doors and only a hole in the floor that a person had to squat over to do their business. These are the standard facilities in rural China.

Back on the bus one lady announced that she was going to complain to Princess that it was Princess’s fault that the Chinese didn’t have regular American toilets and she wanted a complete refund of her cruise tour for the embarrassment of having to use the facilities.

I laughed so hard that I cried.

It was a good thing you'd been to the bathroom, however basic, first

I remember a few years ago reading two different reviews of the same cruise and the same excursion.

Apparently, on one of the Caribbean islands, the excursion was a hike into the rain forest on the one day of the year that the butterflies escape their cocoons. You guessed it. One review described the experience as a privilage to witness such wonderful natural beauty. The other described it as an insect infestation.

To each his own.

Thank You , I really needed a good laugh. :)

But I have one to add, last cruise there was one lady who kept asking what kind of cruise line is this with no Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, she whined and complained AAACCCCKKK. For goodness sake with all the different types of food available she can't go two weeks without her da#%&@* Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. SO it gets better.... My DH saw a package of cheap Oatmeal Cookies in one of the port stores, he buys it , goes up to her and presents her with the cookies, then says ," Mam these are for you, your on your own for the chocolate chips" My DH is a large imposing man 6ft 6 in and built like a football player, from that point on we never heard the lady complain about the da%$#*&) cookies again.

Cori

A couple of my personal favorites:

On the Royal in South America at the port t-shirt sale that's done in the atrium area.

One guy is plowing thru all the Rio de Janeiro tshirts..I thought he was looking for a particular size...when he asks the boutique gal why they don't have any tshirts portraying Rio "without the picture of that 'Christ-thingy' on top of the hill?"

Good heavens man, it's only the most visible landmark in Rio..it'd be like picturing Sydney harbor without the Opera House!

On the Sapphire just this March..19 days Sydney to Bangkok.

I was standing in line at the pursers desk and the lady in front of me was bitxxxxx up a blue streak to the purser...her story:

She had flown from Canada to SanFranciso for 2 night stay, then on to Honolulu for a 5 night stay, then off to Aukland where she picked up the Sapphire for the 12 Aukland/Sydney run before staying on board for our 19 nights to Bangkok...then she continued on until she finally disembarked in Beijing.

Her complaint???? She was away from home way too long and nobody from Princess had told her she'd be gone this many days!

I was so shocked I just broke out laughing, tearing eyes and all....had the rest of people in line laughing just as hard

I am not making this up:

A woman at the purser's desk, with a huge stack of spa receipts, striking a yoga posture standing on one leg with the other foot pulled up as far as it can go, complaining that she should not have to pay her spa bills because she wasn't, "relaxed enough," after all the time spent there.

We're talking a couple grand in receipts here.

She should have spent more time in a cocktail lounge instead of the spa if it was relaxating she wanted.

When my wee sister and I were kids (me 10 and her 6), she asked me for some money to buy two ice-creams. Our family wasn't exactly affluent, so the 10 pence I gave her accounted for half of my spending money for the day (she was too young to be entrusted with any money). When she returned from the ice-cream van, which was only 20 yards away, she handed me an ice-cream covered in sand whilst she was tucking into a delicious vanilla sundae. When I asked her what was going on, she explained that she had dropped mine!

Two of the things my wife and I most like to do while on vacations is sit and watch the "Stroller Rammers" at Disneyland and sit and listen to Mr. & Mrs. Whiner on cruise ships (man, there's a lot of people with the same name). We have a blast doing it, but you know, I couldn't remember one line they are so ridiculous.

Marlin

Have a read over on CC---- Cunard Line.

There is a person over there that is refusing to ever sail on QE2 or QM2 again because they have Princess captains on those two ships!!!!! She is boycotting the entire Carnival group

:rolleyes: Oh dear me!!!!

Stephen

On the Grand in April, we seemed to always be following around a passenger with a seeing-eye dog.

DH and I were flipping through some T-shirts outside one of the shops in the Atriumm, and once again the couple with the dog walks right by us. There's an older couple walking behind them, and the woman turns to her husband and says, "How come THEY got to bring their dog on a SHIP?!?!" I didn't hear his response, but she apparently didn't like it, because she said, "Well, I want to know!" Guess who I saw at the Purser's Desk later on complaining? :rolleyes:

It amazes me that people are really that dense.

One, at dinner, we were discussing a movie some of us had watched on the ship that day and another passenger at the table wanted to know why she didn't know about the movie, I told her it was in the daily paper, she replied, "I never read that, they should tell me what is happening today".

On a nightime tour of the lights of a city, a passenger complained "it was dark out", I guess she doesn't understand it gets dark at night.

I have no doubts that these stories are true. We were in Rome several years ago and went to a local restaurant recommended by the hotel concierge. It wasn't fancy but the food was fabulous. Halfway through dinner, a relative of mine who shall remain nameless asked the waitress for some hot pepper. The waitress brought regular pepper and my relative said, "I don't think she speaks English!" Well, doh!

Went to Korea with the Military and a guy complained that the waitress in the restuarant didn't speak English.

Yesterday in Seattle airport a passenger asked me what gate her plane left from and I asked her if she was on an International flight (differant gates due to customs, etc), she said no, I am going to Canada.

Yesterday in Seattle airport a passenger asked me what gate her plane left from and I asked her if she was on an International flight (differant gates due to customs, etc), she said no, I am going to Canada.

Actaully, that passenger is correct. ;) When travelling from US to Canada, the flights leave from domestic gates, since you do not go thru customs/immigrations until you reach Canada.

We were at a table for 10 on the Sun a few years ago. None of us knew any of the other. One couple always came to dinner late. He ALWAYS ordered seconds of different items, he was the only one at our table that did, and ordered two desserts. He started complaining on the third day that the wait staff was so slow that he was unable to find good seats in the theater for the show. He complained so long and so loud that one of the other couples never showed up again. This jerky guy went to the Maitre'd and DEMANDED that our waiters be fired, right then!!! The Maitre'd would come to our table to check how things were and we told him that everything was fine, and we loved our waiters.......they were very efficient and hard working! The jerky guy told us all to remove our tips , as he had, and that he'd da#* well better get a free cruise out of this after all he'd put up with! After the 4th day of a 10 day cruise, the waiters just took his entire order at the beginning, and served him whatever he wanted one right after the other, while the rest of us ate in the traditional mode. Boy, he was a royal PAIN! I felt sorry for his companion...........she asked one night if anyone could imagine being MARRIED to this guy..........she couldn't and she wasn't!!! Guess who did NOT show on the last nigh? :)

One funny thing we saw on an Alaskan cruise, on the old Regal, was that down in the fitness center, which was low in the ship, there was a tv monitor with a film of Alaskan wildlife. No one was in that room (it must have been an excercise room......no equipment) but one woman, with a video camera, taping that whole film, close up!!! I could just imagine her telling her friends of all the animals she had seen!

I am booked on the Caribbean Princess for an Oct.29.2005 sailing to the eastern caribe. I got to looking at the calendar and realized that I don't leave for another 2 and 1/2 freakin' months!!

I demand a free cruise from Princess because they didn't tell me what an agonizing wait this has become. I check out CC everday and that gets me more agitated and restless. C'mon PRINCESS where's my free cruise. Oh, and you better make it a mini-suite or something to compensate my partner cause I am driving him nuts talking about this cruise . Oh, and some nice wines to boot.

We were on a New England /Canada cruise. We overheard one lady complaining to the purser one morning that she couldn't sleep the night before because of the fog horns and would he please ask the captain to stop them. (She was serious.)

On our last cruise, one of our tablemates had the steak off the "always available" menu every night. He always ordered it "very well done," and then complained that it was dry. Even though he moaned and groaned about his steak for the entire meal, he ordered the exact same thing the next night, so he could repeat his complaining. Think maybe he was a bit of a slow learner? :rolleyes:

The most ridiculous complaint I ever heard was on the Coral Princess. This guy was in front of me at the Purser's Desk demanding to know why he and his wife were both being charged $10 pd/pp for tips. His rationale? "There's only one bed. We shouldn't both be charged for making the bed." I couldn't believe it. The Purser was being very kind and much more patient than I would have been in trying to explain to this jerk what the tips were for, but he insisted that his account be adjusted. "How much?" the Purser asked. "All of it!" he replied. He had to have seen my jaw drop. It took everything I had to not get involved ... but it was none of my business.

As we were waiting to embark the Caribbean Princess, my husband and I were behind a couple in their mid 60's who were very dressed up. He was wearing a nice beige suit and she was in a very tight leopard print dress in a stretchy material that was at least two sizes too small for her large frame. She was wearing a lot of jewelry and lots of makeup. Throughout the cruise we saw them all times of the day and night and they were always in the same outfits and they were always loudly complaining about something to someone. We also saw them complaining at the Purser's Desk quite a few times and felt bad that the airline or Princess had lost their luggage. At the end of the week while we were seated at a large table in the dining room for breakfast "the couple" were also seated at our table. From the moment they sat down they told the waiter they were in a hurry and wanted to be served before anyone else! No one at our table said anything but just looked at them. The woman was seated next to my husband and was saying that this was the worse cruise they had ever been on. During the conversation, my husband asked her if they finally got their luggage? She said that they hadn't lost their luggage and wanted to know why he thought that?? :eek: I almost choked on my food. The expressions on everyone's face at the table was priceless. After "the couple" finished their meal and left the dining room everyone at our table just couldn't stop laughing. Apparently everyone noticed "the couple" throughout the cruise and all thought their luggage had been misplaced. Very strange to wear the same clothes for the whole week! :eek:

Archived