What is the silliest complaint you've heard on vacation?

josassoc

We just returned from our vacation in Tahiti, where we stayed at the beautiful ICB Moorea resort offering over-the-water bungalows, that you can snorkel from the deck. While there, we heard one honeymooner complaining...

"We should have booked (at a competitor), they don't have fish in their lagoon." She obviously didn't appreciate having to share the water!

I had to post this woman's complaint. Just in case it might deter other visitors (LOL).

"The water is too cold". I've heard that statement about Pacific waters and Caribbean waters. I'm not really sure exactly what the operators of the snorkeling boats in either location were supposed to do about the "problem". I just know I would love to be in either place right now!

I am not making this up:

A woman at the purser's desk, with a huge stack of spa receipts, striking a yoga posture standing on one leg with the other foot pulled up as far as it can go, complaining that she should not have to pay her spa bills because she wasn't, "relaxed enough," after all the time spent there.

We're talking a couple grand in receipts here.

When we did the Snorkeling with the Stingrays there was a women who basically pushed her way to the front of the line to get in the water first and then started to shriek and hold everyone up so she could get back on board because "Something touched her". What the heck was she expecting? and of course she complained and complained....

"I got a little seasick on the cruise. They should have told me there might be rough seas."

"It rained while we were in Alaska." (in September!)

"They owe me a refund for this excursion; we did not catch any fish."

No sh!t, woman. :eek:

We were on HAL's old Noordam. A gentleman, a very annoying and crabby gentleman, was compaining on just about everything, most especially that his cabin was too small. The purser reminded him that he was, after all, on the Noordam which was an older ship. He demanded that he was refunded his money and be allowed to disembark immediately,,,,the ship had already left port!

These are great! I was once behind a gentleman at the Pursar's desk on a Caribbean cruise and he was complaining that he'd taken a private tour that wasn't as good as he expected and he was yelling at the Asst. Pursar that Princess had to do something about it and get him a refund. The poor young lady tried to explain that she could only address issues with Princess tours and that they really had no control over the inhabitants of the island. The man demanded that Princess could, and should, and refused to leave until she took his name, phone # and the name of the private tour operator and said they report the incident to the island authorities. I have no idea if they really would or she was just saying that to get rid of him. He was really being abusive.

Also, a year ago, do you remember all the complaints about delayed boardings, disembarkations and itinerary changes because of the hurricanes and people were furious at Princess for making the changes?

These silly complaints always give me a great laugh. I was laughing so hard last night that DH thought I was talking to someone out here in the office. :D :D

It makes you wonder just what the world is coming to when people complain about things that have nothing to do with the cruise line or things that are not under their control, like the weather or private shore excursions. Geeeeezzzzz

Still laughing!

Also, a year ago, do you remember all the complaints about delayed boardings, disembarkations and itinerary changes because of the hurricanes and people were furious at Princess for making the changes?

If you're talking last August/September, you should have heard the people complaining on the Zuiderdam that they were gonna miss their flights home because HAL was keeping the boat out to sea a couple of days beyond the end of the cruise.

My God, these people were getting two extra days of cruise ... FREE of charge ... even the auto gratuities were not being deducted from the passengers' shipboard accounts for those days. They were being fed, entertained ... you name it. All for FREE ... and they were COMPLAINING. The only people, in my opinion, who had a right to complain were the service staff. They were the ones who stood to get screwed since many passengers probably didn't bother to go to the purser's desk to request the gratuities be added back on.

Here's the real clincher, though. People were upset that they were now gonna miss their flights. Port Everglades was closed due to the hurricane, hence the reason the ship couldn't get back on schedule. HELLO ... if the port is closed, do you think your flight is taking off as scheduled? Obviously, all flights into and out of Fort Lauderdale/Miami were cancelled as well.

Another complaint heard was that people were gonna miss work and kids were gonna miss school (this cruise was to end the Saturday before Labor Day ... and didn't end until Monday afternoon). Well, gee ... didn't you think of that possibility when you opted to cruise during hurricane season? And, if you are able to get a flight out on Monday, the kids won't miss a single day of school anyway. If you can't ... they might miss one day tops. What's the problem?

Some people just don't know how to relax. They are getting two bonus days tacked onto the end of their cruise. They are not gonna pay squat for air change fees because their original flights were cancelled anyway. Why not just shut up and enjoy the boat? But, guess some people just don't know how to do that. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

On my first cruise to Alaska on the Sky Princess we were at the Hubbard Glacier and a old gentleman standing next to me was bi"ching and gripping that it was so cold and that no one told him to bring a coat. He had on a light weight sweater. I mentioned to him nicely that when you go to Alaska and especially at a glacier that you come prepared. He just looked at me like I had lost my mind. I just shook my head and walked away.

marilyn

I still haven't gotten over the person who was complaining on this board because nobody told him that the ship would move.

That is the exact post I thought of when I saw this thread :D Amazing! I think the craziest complaint I've ever heard was on my cruise to Alaska last month. It was too foggy to go into Tracy Arm and a couple were actually asking if it would be possible for the Captain to take them out in one of the tenders as they came on the cruise JUST to see the Fjords. They really didn't understand why this could not be done :eek:

These are great!

Hey, maybe I can sue the cruiseline if I gain weight on the cruise! They didn't publish a disclaimer, and how was I suppose to know?? ;)

18 years ago, DW and I honeymooned on a ritzy barge cruise in France with 16 other passengers. All the other pax were delightful, well-to-do tobacco folks (much weller-to-do than DW and I) from Richmond, and in their 70's (which seemed old at the time. But now? Not so much.)

The English chef had trained at a renowned school in Paris, and every day the cuisine was over the top. Each day the chef shopped for fresh groceries in the villages along the way. About day 5, the chef proudly explained that the items he had prepared for the morning's breakfast included fresh croissants, stuffed french toast, frittatas, cheese souffle, apple tarts, assorted cheeses, fish and meats, etc. Mrs. Dawson, one of our more outspoken ladies, piped up, "Not this stuff again. Don't y'all know how to fry an egg? 'Cause I can SHOW you how to fry an egg!"

Not a stupid comment, really, but it did cause me to shoot coffee through my nose. :D

The chef, ever the gentleman, replied, "Then please allow me to also offer you sunny-side up, over-easy or scrambled eggs, as you please."

The most memorable complaint I've heard was a couple from Chicago and the woman traveling with them, with whom we ate lunch one day on the Golden Princess. They had complaints about everything on the ship and couldn't wait to go back to Carnival. The matzoh balls in the soup were too small. And the ribs in a spicy barbecue sauce were spicy.

You guys are killing me over here. :D

It just amazes me that people have chosen to go through life like this.

Too bad for them......they're the ones missing out on life.

We're heading to Fairbanks in a couple of weeks for 2 weeks of fun.

I don't care what the weather is like. Living in Colorado, you're always prepared for anything.....it's snowed here in the mountains in late June. :D

Just go with the flow......it works VERY well for both myself and the Wife.

Geoff

Both of these happened on the Tahitian.

1. This gentleman(?) ordered a cobb salad(well we all know that the items of the cobb salad are displayed on top of the salad and not tossed) Well he kept going on about how they don't know how to make a cobb salad and that they should have tossed it, and that so and so in Chicago knows how to make a cobb salad). We made sure we didn't sit near him again.

2. The last night was a little old lady(she was just getting on and we were leaving after dinner). I believe she was from Australia and went on about how far a walk she had from her room to the diningroom. The tahitian isn't very big. Would love to see her on the Mega ships.

On one of our cruises, we had a lady that came with our group. She is a very picky eater and brought poptarts, microwaveable mac and cheese and other snacks in case there was nothing for her to eat. At dinner while the rest of us gorged on great food, she ate plain potatoes, cheese pizza and peanut butter and jelly. The matre'd came running over to our table thinking something was wrong, but she was happy as a claim. She complained that there was really nothing good to eat. Now this lady would not eat a hamburger unless it came from Mickey D's. That was the last cruise we allowed her to come on. I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Norske

Archived