Carnival Corp. Orders 3 New Vessels for the Carnival Brand

cjknox

You know, the trend in homes is away from the McMansions.

The not so big house is now in vogue.

A manageable sized house with the amenities of a larger home.

I am hoping that the new class of ship is something like that.

There are just a few things I would change about the fantasy class and they would be perfect to me.

I have no interest in sailing on a ship that looks like a floating shopping mall.

We were docked by that Royal Caribbean monster and it was just scary looking to us.

I think that you are right - news of this magnitude would certainly be elsewhere on the web. But it does sound very plausible, and the release is written much like real ones. Perhaps it is a leak of something to be announced shortly?

Maybe.

I did notice a grammatical error in the quote and actually reread that part.

Who knows...

If it's an April Fool's joke it's pretty lame. There's nothing really 'jokey' about it. Despite the lack of second sources, it seems believable.

Some numbers for comparison:

Carnival Dream: 128,000 Tonnes, 3652 passengers

Carnival Conquest: 110,000 Tonnes, 2974 passengers

Vista Class #1: 135,000 Tonnes, 4000 passengers

Vista Class #2: 152,000 Tonnes, 5100 passengers

And let's look at some other ships:

Oasis of the Seas: 225,000 Tonnes, 6300 passengers (or 5400 at double occupancy)

Freedom of the Seas: 154,000 Tonnes, 3634 passengers

Norwegian Epic: 156,000 Tonnes, 4,100 (double occupancy)

So, yeah.. seems like it's going to be a pretty big ship. And I hope that 5100 passenger capacity is every bed filled and not double occupancy!

Nice to see them starting new ships, but I have no desire to sail on anything with 5100 passengers. I really wish the bigger is better trend would go away (although I don't think it will.)

I'm right with you on this. When I started reading it I hoped to read that one of the new shop would be smaller.

Let's hope it's an Aprils Fools joke.

Edited by Midwestgal

If it's an April Fool's joke it's pretty lame. There's nothing really 'jokey' about it. Despite the lack of second sources, it seems believable.

Some numbers for comparison:

Carnival Dream: 128,000 Tonnes, 3652 passengers

Carnival Conquest: 110,000 Tonnes, 2974 passengers

Vista Class #1: 135,000 Tonnes, 4000 passengers

Vista Class #2: 152,000 Tonnes, 5100 passengers

And let's look at some other ships:

Oasis of the Seas: 225,000 Tonnes, 6300 passengers (or 5400 at double occupancy)

Freedom of the Seas: 154,000 Tonnes, 3634 passengers

Norwegian Epic: 156,000 Tonnes, 4,100 (double occupancy)

So, yeah.. seems like it's going to be a pretty big ship. And I hope that 5100 passenger capacity is every bed filled and not double occupancy!

I think "We here at Carnival..." sounds a little rednecky for the CEO to say. Poor choice of words if it is an April Fools joke. And I'm sure if true, John Heald would have been blathering about the brilliance of it all on the FB site.

Let's face it. The internet has ruined April Fools Day. Too easy to spread stupid and false rumors.

Edited by techstar

!

It might have worked had the OP went along the lines of three new ship, called the Mardi Gras II, the Festivale II, and the Carnivale II, complete copies of those ships but with all outside rooms having balconies!

A fourth ship, the Tropicale II, was in the works in Y2K.21

It would be nice to have some new ships on order but I doubt the veracity of this. There is nothing on Carnival's press release site. There is nothing on Market Watch or the Carnival investor site either. Something of this magnitude would certainly be on the media site.

We just have to wait and see but I'm not putting too much "stock" in this announcement.

If it was an April Fools joke, someone went to an awful lot of trouble for a chuckle...

I was waiting for the April Fools announcement that a new port would be constructed off either Pinellas or manatee Counties so larger ships could serve Tampa Bay and no longer worry about the Skyway bridge...

If it was an April Fools joke, someone went to an awful lot of trouble for a chuckle...

I was waiting for the April Fools announcement that a new port would be constructed off either Pinellas or manatee Counties so larger ships could serve Tampa Bay and no longer worry about the Skyway bridge...

Not really.... this was done in about 5 minutes.:rolleyes:

...I was waiting for the April Fools announcement that a new port would be constructed off either Pinellas or manatee Counties so larger ships could serve Tampa Bay and no longer worry about the Skyway bridge...

Unfortunately this issue is really no joking matter; we are losing Legend in August and will only have Pride here for 6-months before it too departs for Baltimore leaving us one (plain jane) Paradise - Crap!!

Edited by Captain Carnival

Micky Arison, Chairman of Carnival Corporation added that "...the addition of new tonnage is necessary, to some extent, to replace existing capacity reductions from possible sales of older ships less profitable ships. In short, these ships will greatly increase the profitability and overall efficiency of the Carnival fleet"

Unfortunatly "increase the profitability and overall efficiency" means BIGGER.

Enjoy the Fantasy Class while you still can.

I would urge more pools. I don't even use the pools, due to crowding. But my grand daughter did on the Dream, and it was like sardines. She loves the water. Many people seem to too and all of the kids on board.

One big kiddie area for kids. A real pool and a shallow for the babies.

A BIG pool behind the Lido Restaurant. Or in front of it.

An adult pool.......nice size............somewhere far from the Lido Deck.

less hot tubs. More pools.

My personal request.............a simple, good, plain Italian Restaurant on board each ship that specialized in Chicken Parm, lasagna, Spaghetti, ravioli., chicken masala...................simple good stuff. With garlic bread. Under $15 pp.

Personally, I just thought ships over 100,000 gtw were unmanageable with crowd control so I setlled back to those under that mark.

Until I tried one on another line. Better crowd control with better flow. Carnival needs to master that before the new builds, and I anxiously await to see the design of the new vista class.

Some people scorn other lines for ice shows, in line skating, and rock climbing, stating they won't do these things, but it certainly diversifies the crowd attracting those that do. More activities in different venues certainly sends people to different parts of a ship at different times. Thus, the lackof crowd feel.

Have one activity of hairy chest scheduled at the pool, and 4000 people are suddenly around one pool. With only one way to get there.

Again ... Why don't you go somewhere. if you cant say anything good Dont