What does it mean when it says an itinerary is no longer available

misha1

I went into Celebrity's site and tried to find my October 2014 cruise by just doing a general search and I got a message in red that said the itinerary is no longer available. Does that mean it's full? Does that mean I am going to get the dreaded call that the cruise was booked by a group and I am not going? Never saw that before, this early anyways.

It could be that Celebrity's web site is not behaving!

Is it showing up on your cruise personiliser?

Does it show if you look for it with an online travel agent?

If not then I would ring Celebrity and check.

We had the problem once too. They were delaying the sailing for 21 days to make room for 2 more sailings in Europe. It was a TA. We got $200 OBC for the inconvenience. Many cancelled it.

I hope it is just a web site prob for you.

I went into Celebrity's site and tried to find my October 2014 cruise by just doing a general search and I got a message in red that said the itinerary is no longer available. Does that mean it's full? Does that mean I am going to get the dreaded call that the cruise was booked by a group and I am not going? Never saw that before, this early anyways.

Hi Misha,

It could be a number of things. Could be they are tweaking the itinerary, reviewing the sailing for price increases or decreases, or other things... such as a charter etc. Is this a Transatlantic sailing ? Which ship/date ?

As an earlier poster mentioned, I'd wait a few days before becoming concerned. Hope this is helpful !

Is this perhaps a sailing you are watching in "My Celebrity"?

Whoever is in charge of the Celebrity Website needs to take a few programming courses. I am currently watching 4 sailings for this summer (including one I have booked) to check on pricing/etc and today all four say "The Itinerary Is No Longer Available". All 4 sailing are still on and available.

Sometimes they reappear and sometimes they don't. I usually start watching them again only to have them disappear again. I'm not a web expert but I have to believe that this can't be too difficult. Princess and HAL have this same feature and it works flawlessly.

Thanks for your replies...it is the repositioning sailing from NYC to San Juan on the 19th. I will do another search in a day or two. See what happens. Thanks again...Julie

Just tried to do a booking (to see if your problem is unique) and was able to get all the way to booking this sailing with no problem. So maybe its been fixed?