Appetizers delivered to room...

HollDoll

I know you can get appetizers delivered to your suite in a Neptune, I believe free of charge, but if you are in something less than a Neptune, can you arrange this service for a charge?

Yes, BUT, and this is an important But........

You can but only if you purchase the appetizers by the dozen. Which means that if you want, let's say; Shrimp Egg Rolls and Hot Wings, you must pay for 12 of each.

Though the appetizers are cheap at HAL's rate, around $25-$29 US Dollars, it is not worth it if it is for just one or 2 people. Now if you are giving a small party....

You would order them from the Front Desk since you asked about non Neptune or Pinnacle Suites.

Joanie

Thanks much, Joanie. And hello to you! I was thinking of for four people, so not sure....but good to know.

Let them know what you need and for how may, room service will promptly deliver them. Neighbor.

When you tell them four people, they will deliver plenty for six or more people. An order of the stated dozen of two different apps will be more than enough for four people. It is doubtful you'd finish all 24 pieces.

If you tell them two or three people, you will all have sufficient nibbles.

When you tell them four people, they will deliver plenty for six or more people. An order of the stated dozen of two different apps will be more than enough for four people. It is doubtful you'd finish all 24 pieces.

Sail, can you please clarify - so do you have to buy a dozen of each appie? Or can you ask for an assortment? Please note the post by IRL_Joanie above, which seems to indicate that you are restricted to full orders of a dozen of each. I think this would be so nice to do when sailing with friends.

I know this idea spoils the concept of having something delivered, but we've cobbled together some pretty nice afternoon appetizer plates from the Lido, and brought them back to our stateroom. :)

edit: which is FREE, of course :D

Edited by RJ2002

but.... you don't pay for room service so I guess I'm confused???

They're talking about ordering things that are not on the standard menu for room service. Maybe that is the past that is confusing you?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by sherilyn70

Mind what S7S said.

We were in a Neptune Suite last week and talked to the concierge about a get-together we had with our dinner table companions. There were 8 of us, so we asked for appetizers for 8.

They sent up enough for an army!

I would under estimate the number of people in order to not be overwhelmed with food.

I guess I'm cheap. :p. I would just order a few of the free appetizers and a cheese plate from the regular room service menu.

A cheese plate from the room service menu is not much - two or maybe three pieces of cheese.

A cheese plate from the room service menu is not much - two or maybe three pieces of cheese.

But can't you order multiples (within reason) of anything you wish? I know I can on other lines.

But can't you order multiples (within reason) of anything you wish? I know I can on other lines.

Yes, you can.

A long, long time ago our CC group had a non-HAL sanctioned get together. HAL wanted big $$ to provide goodies. So we hit the Wal-Mart in port, had everyone order a fruit and cheese plate to bring and we were good to go. :D ( there is more than one way to skin a cat :eek:)

Edited by kakalina

I second that! We always understate the number of people. Otherwise you wind up with significantly more food than you need.

They're talking about ordering things that are not on the standard menu for room service. Maybe that is the past that is confusing you?

So how would anyone even know it's a possibility?

This is what drives me nuts with "secret menus" at places like Starbucks, In-n-Out, etc. If you don't know it's a possibility, you'll never get to experience it, and you're often made to feel stupid for not knowing.

Just put the bloody stuff on the menu under a "supplemental charge applies" section and state the charge.

So how would anyone even know it's a possibility?

This is what drives me nuts with "secret menus" at places like Starbucks, In-n-Out, etc. If you don't know it's a possibility, you'll never get to experience it, and you're often made to feel stupid for not knowing.

Just put the bloody stuff on the menu under a "supplemental charge applies" section and state the charge.

I don't think it's a secret and is probably not encouraged but they won't say no either. As mentioned it is a suite perk they've had so they were curious if they could get it in a standard room. I would imagine they have a catering menu available for you to look at of you were interested in other group food options you can order and pay extra for.