S class ships---cabin A065 ???

slabeaume

I understand these are at the aft of the ship. The HAL site says "sought after location for their aft views", (although next month they're changing them from A suites to BC suites---doesn't sound too sought after to me!). Can anyone else tell anything about this room--specifically on the Maasdam?

I understand these are at the aft of the ship. The HAL site says "sought after location for their aft views", (although next month they're changing them from A suites to BC suites---doesn't sound too sought after to me!). Can anyone else tell anything about this room--specifically on the Maasdam?

My guess is that the class they assign to these cabins has to do with marketing. We have taken a dozen cruises on the Maasdam, and we have never heard of anyone who thought any of the veranda staterooms was a 'bad' cabin. The worst stateroom we ever had on the Maasdam was terrific.

Agree, it is about marketing. The "A"s are midship, one deck below. The cabin you are referring to is more aft, and under the Lido, so noise might be an issue. I am sure their research indicates they need to do a little more in terms of pricing to move these cabins.

We have stayed in A050 on the Maasdam which is on the port side whereas A065 is on the starboard side. They are the last two cabins on the Navigation Deck. I liked not having people on one side of us - you might hear chairs scraping on the deck above. There is no aft view from these cabins - just out the side.

We have stayed in A050 on the Maasdam which is on the port side whereas A065 is on the starboard side. They are the last two cabins on the Navigation Deck. I liked not having people on one side of us - you might hear chairs scraping on the deck above. There is no aft view from these cabins - just out the side.

I'm glad to hear there are no aft views from these cabins, contrary to what I've read. Who wants to look aft to an area full of people by a pool?! Plus, I wouldn't want people seeing into our room. Thanks!