Do You Have Any Rituals Before You Cruise NCL

kcwingwalker

We are leaving Saturday for NOLA and have just finished my pre cruise ritual.

Before I take any vacation but particularly a cruise, I always make sure my home is totally clean from top to bottom.............weird huh! Years ago I found that if I came home to a less than immaculate house after a vacation it was so depressing! After being pampered on vacation I don't like to return to things that need to be done. It nice to come home and everything is just the way I want it. It kinda stretches out that being taken care of feeling:)

So do you have any pre cruise rituals?

Before I take any vacation but particularly a cruise, I always make sure my home is totally clean from top to bottom.............weird huh! Years ago I found that if I came home to a less than immaculate house after a vacation it was so depressing! After being pampered on vacation I don't like to return to things that need to be done. It nice to come home and everything is just the way I want it. It kinda stretches out that being taken care of feeling:)

Kiss my husband good-bye! LOL

But yes, I always make sure there is plenty of food in the house for hubby, the bills are paid, and there's a little 'love note' on his mirror by his bathroom sink.

Harriet

who cleans the house before she leaves....but knows hubby pays someone to do it again before I arrive home!

I usually dance naked around a bonfire and sacrifice a goat. Unless cruising out of New Orleans, then I use a chicken :rolleyes: :D :p

I like to clean up too before I leave. Nothing worse than coming home from a vacation to a dirty house :( I have the check sheet too to make sure everything is packed.

I sense your excitement. Have a great cruise. The Jewel is a great ship. Make sure to come back to give us your review!

I am frantic trying to get ready... At least I don't have to clean the house... My house sitter does it for me. I do love coming home to a sparkling clean home.

My ritual is to have a mani/pedi prior to sailing... Had it done today and I got to share with all the ladies about my upcoming cruise!

Edited by shepherdqueen

I can't believe Eddie Rabbit died.

Before I cruise, I usually shave my legs and paint my toenails.

Yep, me too....fingernails painted as well and shave under the arms. Also 'trim' my female parts! LOL

TMI?

Harriet

I can't believe Eddie Rabbit died.

Before I cruise, I usually shave my legs and paint my toenails.

Shaving is always appreciated and painted toenails is definitely festive:)

Not always fond of those who take Freestyle beyond common sense and good hygiene. Remember some think Freestyle means bedhead and PJs at the buffet.:eek:

Do not kiss my hubby goodbye.

Do kiss my oldest son and kittens goodbye.

Do lots of cleaning and laundry (cuz who's gonna do it while I'm gone??)

Do get a Pedicure.

Do check off everything on my list.

Do get suitcases out of garage.

Do not sacrifice any goats or chickens because the only place

I could do that is on my fire escape and therefore would be against the law.

KC

Do have a wonderful trip :)

Please relax, enjoy and cherish every moment.

Safe Sailing!!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Do not kiss my hubby goodbye.

Do kiss my oldest son and kittens goodbye.

Do lots of cleaning and laundry (cuz who's gonna do it while I'm gone??)

Do get a Pedicure.

Do check off everything on my list.

Do get suitcases out of garage.

Do not sacrifice any goats or chickens because the only place

I could do that is on my fire escape and therefore would be against the law.

KC

Do have a wonderful trip :)

Please relax, enjoy and cherish every moment.

Safe Sailing!!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Always kiss the children and the kitties

Thanks for the nice sendoff:)

I make sure not to discuss tipping, price reductions, smoking, 3rd party web sites, or any number of other topics! :D

(God please for once let everyone understand that was humor.)

That was hilarious :)

Yes, I'm doing the happy dance:)

But one more thing to do before things really get underway. Our cats Tommy and Grace Kelly have to be delivered to the Catnip Inn where I have booked the "Cancun Suite" for them. Their suite is an 8 x 10 room with windows and away from other cats. Lots of cats beds, perches, cat trees, etc. I know they will be well cared for but I always feel so selfish. Both were adopted from my vet so they are well known at her Catnip Inn. This is the very best I can do for them, but they will not be grateful!

Have used cat sitters in the past and once had an experience where things went badly so no longer am willing to take the chance.

Cats are going today as Saturday morning will be very busy and no time for a reluctant kitty who is hiding behind the washing machine. These cats are already suspicious so going a day early gives me peace of mind. If things go badly I still have Saturday.

Today it is forbidden to even say "cat carriers":eek: