YAY!!!!!!!Extra Day Free

bphman

Just got an e-mail that a cruise to nowhere was cancelled and they are extending our Gem cruise in January from 9 days to 10. We are getting an extra sea day and arriving in PR earlier so we can actually do something. Haven't been on NCL since the Norway so I am looking forward to the new NCL.

Just got an e-mail that a cruise to nowhere was cancelled and they are extending our Gem cruise in January from 9 days to 10. We are getting an extra sea day and arriving in PR earlier so we can actually do something. Haven't been on NCL since the Norway so I am looking forward to the new NCL.

That's a good thing and hope you enjoy the Gem:) Saw the Norway just once and she was so beautiful.

You should visit more often. :) We've been talking about this since Tuesday. News first broke on Aprils Fools Day......(But I must admit I didn't believe it until I received my email on the 2nd)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2019020

I'm so confused by this issue... My 1/12/15 sailing is still listed as 9 day, though there are 9 NIGHTS and some of the others are listed with the new itinerary at 10 days, though they are ALSO 9 nights??? The only difference is mine has 2 sea days prior to SJ and 2 sea days prior to NY and the bother has 3 sea days prior to SJ and 1 prior to NY. What gives? Is rather have the full day on SJ and can they really get back yo NY in one day on some sailings and 2 on others?

What am missing!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm so confused by this issue... My 1/12/15 sailing is still listed as 9 day, though there are 9 NIGHTS and some of the others are listed with the new itinerary at 10 days, though they are ALSO 9 nights??? The only difference is mine has 2 sea days prior to SJ and 2 sea days prior to NY and the bother has 3 sea days prior to SJ and 1 prior to NY. What gives? Is rather have the full day on SJ and can they really get back yo NY in one day on some sailings and 2 on others?

What am missing!?!

Only the Jan 2, Jan 30, Feb 27 and Mar 27 2015 sailings are 10 days. All others are 9 days.

NCL was supposed to have 4 one nighter CTN on those above dates, but they cancelled them. Drat that! We enjoyed our CTN last Dec and were going to go on another one.

What am missing!?!

The "new" 10 day cruises are 10 nights. They leave on a Friday and return on a Monday. Three sea days on the way down and two on the way back.

Ok, maybe the website isn't updated yet, ncl lists for example the 1/12 as 9 day and others as 10 day, but if you scroll down to the itinerary they both show 10 days, and the only difference is the placement of the sea days which is why I'm confused... Annoying if we happened to book one that isn't bring extended, we only chose 1/12 because it encompasses a daycare holiday that I have to take off from work anyway and I wanted to get away with fewer extra days off work. Ugh.

Ok, maybe the website isn't updated yet, ncl lists for example the 1/12 as 9 day and others as 10 day, but if you scroll down to the itinerary they both show 10 days, and the only difference is the placement of the sea days which is why I'm confused... Annoying if we happened to book one that isn't bring extended, we only chose 1/12 because it encompasses a daycare holiday that I have to take off from work anyway and I wanted to get away with fewer extra days off work. Ugh.

I think I can solve the mystery for you......notice anything missing from this itinerary as shown on the page before you book?

Fri New York (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm

Sat At Sea --- ---

Sun At Sea --- ---

Mon At Sea --- ---

Tue San Juan 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Wed St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Thu Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Fri Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:00 am 1:00 pm

Sun At Sea --- ---

Mon New York (DISEMBARK) 10:00 am ---

10-Day Eastern Caribbean, Round-trip New York

Please Note:

Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking.

Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing.

Itineraries are subject to change at any time without notice.

They forgot to show Saturday's Sea Day! :)

Edited by peg013

After I log into myNCL it is correct......

Fri New York ---- 4:00 pm

Sat At Sea ---- ----

Sun At Sea ---- ----

Mon At Sea ---- ----

Tue San Juan 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Wed St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Thu Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Fri Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:00 am 1:00 pm

Sat At Sea ---- ----

Sun At Sea ---- ----

Mon New York 10:00 am ----

"Day", "Night" who cares? It is a matter of semantics. At the end of the "day" I get an extra 24 hours on board for free.

This time it's not a matter of semantics......they are missing a whole day/night - Saturday on the itinerary you see before you actually book the "new" 10 day/night cruises. That is why Copper_beeches was confused. Their cruise isn't going to have the extra day added and the fact that the 10 day cruise doesn't look like it has any more days added either confused them. It took me a few minutes to figure out they left out a day on the way back too.

I'm just glad it is correct once you are booked. :)

(I purposely left a space where Saturday should be in my copy/paste above but there is no space on NCL.com. That's why it's harder to pick out.)

Edited by peg013

Thank you , Peg! Glad I'm not losing it, lol... Sad that we don't get the full day in SJ or the extra day on our sailing, but I think I'll get over it :)

We are also on one of the original 9-nighters that has not been extended, Feb. 18. It's not listed yet in my signature because there's an issue with our own schedule that might require us to cancel. I hope not, of course, and while it would have been nice to have that additional 24 hours and more time in San Juan, it will still be great.

Very happy for those of you who have received the "free" day. I have to say that when the news was first reported on here on April 1, my first reaction was that it was an April Fool's joke. Very glad for those affected that it was not.

Edited by Turtles06

I wonder why the canceled the one nighters. Yes they are a lot of work for the crew, but the on board spending on the Cruise to Nowhere must be MUCH higher then on the last day of a 10 day cruise. We just returned from the 4-4-14 CTN on the Gem and people could not spend their money fast enough.

I wonder why the canceled the one nighters. Yes they are a lot of work for the crew, but the on board spending on the Cruise to Nowhere must be MUCH higher then on the last day of a 10 day cruise. We just returned from the 4-4-14 CTN on the Gem and people could not spend their money fast enough.

They had to drop the prices to $29 and $39 plus taxes & fees to get enough people aboard so it's just not worth it. They only dropped the Jan-Feb-Mar one night CTN's on the Gem and added one day to the 9 day itineraries.

Yikes...what happens when people have already booked their flights?

Hopefully since we are still 9-12 months out not too many booked air yet and if they were coming in a day ahead, they are still okay. :)