Aft cabins on Grand

Luvmyrotti

We're considering booking an aft suite on the Grand for a 2015 Hawaii sailing. I've been reading about the leaks at the aft (reportedly as a result of the removal of Skywalkers) and the resultant mildew issues in aft cabins. Can anyone with direct experience with sailing in these cabins share details?

We really enjoyed the Grand the last time we sailed on her, but that was in a mid-ship mini. I've only recently seen a few posts with concerns about the leaks in the aft cabins that have made me want to know more before we book an aft suite.

We were in C753 - not a suite, but a corner balcony in January for a 15 day trip to Hawaii. No issues with mold or mildew, and would be very happy to be in that cabin again.

We were in C753 - not a suite, but a corner balcony in January for a 15 day trip to Hawaii. No issues with mold or mildew, and would be very happy to be in that cabin again.

Excellent! This is great! Thanks so much!

Aloha and mahalo :)

Love C-753.

We have C752 (port corner aft) booked on the Grand for May 13 (C753 is the starboard corner aft) and we are REALLY looking forward to this cabin. We are not worried at all. We just wish we were leaving sooner. :D

We're looking at C751, which is right next door. You've sailed in C753 since the removal of Skywalkers then? With no leaks or mildew smells? If so, I'll be much relieved and happy! Thanks to all for sharing their experiences!

The review that mentioned mildew was from someone staying on the highest deck fully aft. That is the top deck aft. We did have a roof leak when we stayed aft on that deck. I doubt there would be a leak caused by sky walkers removal on the Carib deck. We also have c752 booked for an upcoming Hawaii cruise and we have no concerns at all.

Edited by mina

The review that mentioned mildew was from someone staying on the highest deck fully aft. That is the top deck aft. We did have a roof leak when we stayed aft on that deck. I doubt there would be a leak caused by sky walkers removal on the Carib deck. We also have c752 booked for an upcoming Hawaii cruise and we have no concerns at all.

Thanks for the reassurances Mina!

Thanks for helping us aft cruisers to understand this situatiion.

And, for a fellow Hawaii cruiser, I must say "mahalo" :)